Safety, Memories, Innovation, Laughter, Excitement, Service

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that poster illustration - it looks great. Don't like the fonts they have used though. I like the depiction of the Space Probe with the lasers and the silhouettes of the people standing at the entrance to the tunnel. This style of artwork was used a lot when the probe first opened. I can remember the only time I've ever owned a Wonderpass was when probe was first built (because the park actually was making an effort back then and had promise... why you'd buy a pass in the last few years I don't know). The main image on my Wonderpass was the same style of space probe illustration with the lasers coming down from the dome and sillouhettes in the tunnel. The only difference was that it was at night. Very eery and atmospheric

umm i may quote that the park was doing really well from the start, i think if they had the park open all day from the start they would still be open today becasue they would have more money. After the sky hawk was made at wonderland (the very last thrill ride) the park started going downhill from there. It's been well over 5-6 years since there last proper ride. Since then the mountain cascades, ned kelly getaway, beastie, splashdown, the slides, tasmanian devil, dragons flight, sky hawk, sky rider, the spider ride and maybe others if ive missed any have all shut down or been demolished completely. Thats a fair few rides gone with none of them actually replaced. Theres your answer. The commericals were really fine, i thought thery were alright for the time period they were made in. I mean some are a bit funny like the sky hawk commerical, which is the lamest commerical ive got and ive seen, but the park was great from the start.

this one tails on from another thread though about the dangers of taking camera equipment onto rides that strictly forbid it happening. I have done filmography on the WL rides but always with either official consent or an empty train and permission from the ops... i cannot imagine you had those for BB and beastie shifty... but lets back off before a spitfight starts that i can see happening again... lol. anyways...

what are you talking about i dont recall myself saying that i have on ride videos of the bush beast and beastie, i only have on ride photos, i didnt get consent for that becasue i sneaked it on, i wouldn't even het sonsent to film on a ride, i'd hide it, but ive never taken an on ride video on any ride for that matter.

Just out of interest Alex was that "Official" or Official permission to film on ride? If it was you would have used that weird harness thing that made sure that the camera didn't move an inch through out the ride. Shifty, surely you have read the thread about on ride video so I won't go on about it as you will know how I feel about the subject. But I will just say that anyone taking loose articles on a ride is an idiot. This is not to say that theme parks don't do it but when they do they make sure that there is no danger of the camera falling. "The Bus is now leaving for Red Tape Creek Tasmania"

I think any video footage from a roller coaster hand held would look pretty rough and crappy, to do any decent shooting you would have to mount the camera to the front of the car with a decent wide angle lens to "soften the look" of the vibrations...plus "official" permission...! So guys, dont get any big ideas to run down to Bunnings Warehouse for stainless steel bolts and steel wires!..:) Cheers Sean

• 4 weeks later...