Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Superman will be the second tallest Accelerator coaster with inversions, and even then it only trailing by 11% in terms of height behind StR. I think that Accelerator coasters with inversions are really quite different to the hypercoaster style Accelerators and are looking to offer different things so they cant really be compared properly. With the hyper coaster style rides, the adrenaline is delivered in a quick burst while the ones with inversions look to deliver it out in a less intense but longer dose. But comparing to other loopers, 40m sounds fairly average.

• 1 month later...

i was speaking to client services in moveworld today , she advised me they have started to take down the music renevene and starting to make way for the new ride. she said they should have the ride open early december. she said they had to modify the ride to suit every one needs. they even advised me it might be a straight up ride around 50mtres high and them comes back down. she advised me it will be the best ride they brought to the park, so if anyone gets the chance to start taking pics of the new site ready for the ride and thats why the lethal weapon was closed while they look at the site and get ready for the start of construction.

Construction hasnt stared yet its still deconstruction mode at work. One thing with my photos I will be following works guidelines and asking permission on every shot I take so dont except photos every day but when they do appear they will be great.

lethal weapon was closed while they look at the site and get ready for the start of construction.
The primary reason for Lethal Weapon's extended closure was to perform much-needed work on the track and trains to make the ride more comfortable. There was extensive work done to the track and trains. It finally reopened today with nearly completely retrofitted trains with far more padding, allowing for a far smoother ride experience.

I went on Lethal Weapon today in the middle seat which is the roughest on any coaster and I can tell you guys it was a great ride so smooth like a new coaster. Fanatasic work done by MovieWorld's rehab team and make sure you guys get to the park and ride it you wont regret guys.

Hey Ian, Ill be at Movie World and on Lethal Weapon straight after the holiday break ;) So is this smooth-ness a temporary thing, or going to last until the next maintenance period? (e.g. was it like this after the last few maintenance sessions – or have they done some extensive upgrading) Movie World could have tied in the evaluation of the new site when Lethal was down for maintenance but I cannot see why they would need Lethal closed.

I don’t see what you’re trying to say Glubbo. It is not irregular for a business to wait until the required circumstances are present until a duty is performed in order to minimise the disturbance. I don't think the extended closure of Lethal Weapon is due to Superman Escape (as Richard said). But they may be evaluating the site ahead of time due to more convenient circumstances.

I don’t see what you’re trying to say Glubbo. It is not irregular for a business to wait until the required circumstances are present until a duty is performed in order to minimise the disturbance.
This is possible, but I wouldn't rule out what I said as being a possible explanation as well. Any which way, Superman is coming.

Ok so back to what this post is actually about - The Superman Ride! RCDB has just been updated with some new info in regards to the rides storyline.... Theme: The ride starts in a New York Subway where Lex Luthor appears and creates a earthquake. This earthquake causes a small launch into another room where Superman appears and takes the train to safety. This sounds fantastic with the dark ride aspect now coming to fruition - I'm just unsure how well it will be executed with only 12mill to spend for the whole ride.

I believe that the cost of the ride has been kept down due to the use of a local steel company that are building the track under supervision. At least this is the rumor I have received this week, and the 100km/h sounds like a blast better than the TOT. I guess with the ride at that speed we would not get a top hat higher than 40-50m tall or it would not make it over. All good news in the end.

I believe there is currently artist impressions available however they are not in the public domain and may not be for some time. Unless your a Movie World Executive or a Roller-Coaster.com.au Subscriber you will have to wait until opening date :P