Dad sues Dreamworld after son falls from stationary attraction

Rivals

2 hours ago, Miss Carter said:

Tons of children were, there was no sign or rope or anything. It was the only child attraction in the markets and all the parents were stood or sitting next to it on seats. 

There has been a sign on the train itself since they brought it back, i personally wouldn’t see an object that’s clearly not designed to be a play structure and think “hey let’s let my kids play all over it” 

I mean the size and design of it, the slopped roofs, and the concrete floor underneath is a pretty clear give away its not a play area imo🤷‍♀️

On 09/09/2022 at 1:36 PM, Miss Carter said:

I commented to my friend that I was surprised it wasn’t fenced or signed

So you recognised as a parent that it wasn't something that should be climbed on, but decided because there wasn't a sign or because there wasn't other playgrounds that it was fine?

I would never ever say this to you in real life, so feel free to dismiss this as gutless anonymous internet trolling (which in may ways it is), but that's not a brilliant display of parenting. I can almost garuentee that if you weren't there, you too would be denouncing the quality of parenting and posting eye roll reactions on Facebook. If your account is genuine, I'm sure you're actually a great mum, and a wonderful person, but I can't really get away from this being a parenting issue rather than a DW issue.

Again, keep in mind that there is no way in hell I'd say any of this in person, and a good rule of thumb is to ignore people who talk shit on the internet. It's why I don't go on twitter 😊

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, joz said:

So you recognised as a parent that it wasn't something that should be climbed on, but decided because there wasn't a sign or because there wasn't other playgrounds that it was fine?

I would never ever say this to you in real life, so feel free to dismiss this as gutless anonymous internet trolling (which in may ways it is), but that's not a brilliant display of parenting. I can almost garuentee that if you weren't there, you too would be denouncing the quality of parenting and posting eye roll reactions on Facebook. If your account is genuine, I'm sure you're actually a great mum, and a wonderful person, but I can't really get away from this being a parenting issue rather than a DW issue.

Again, keep in mind that there is no way in hell I'd say any of this in person, and a good rule of thumb is to ignore people who talk shit on the internet. It's why I don't go on twitter 😊

It’s all good, happy to hear an opinion.
I guess to answer your point we are all a little like sheep in following what others do. Then of course is children peer pressure ‘but mum why can’t I?’ And you don’t have good enough answers to stop a grumpy and very persistent child. Especially when it’s being crawled over by other children in front of them. I guess that’s why roping it off, or maybe even having an attendant would have been better.
Anyway, that’s just my thoughts as yours are yours. Back to my parenting (brilliant or not) duties 😉

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

13 minutes ago, Miss Carter said:

It’s all good, happy to hear an opinion.
I guess to answer your point we are all a little like sheep in following what others do. Then of course is children peer pressure ‘but mum why can’t I?’ And you don’t have good enough answers to stop a grumpy and very persistent child. Especially when it’s being crawled over by other children in front of them. I guess that’s why roping it off, or maybe even having an attendant would have been better.
Anyway, that’s just my thoughts as yours are yours. Back to my parenting (brilliant or not) duties 😉

Just remember, when councils start taking swings out of parks and Australia ends up like America, it’s your fault.  

And you don’t have good enough answers to stop a grumpy and very persistent child. 

"Those other children are being naughty and are not supposed to be doing that"

"If those kids jumped off a cliff would you do that too?"

"If you climb on that, you wont be getting any more food from here and we'll go home"

Anyhow that's probably what I would have been told by my parents in the 90s.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

Honestly, my parenting style is assess the situation and determine risk. If my kid has a fall, well shit thats on me, and he usually gets an ice cream (or strawberries/mango cause he thinks they are better??). I do this regardless if its playground equipment, a tree or whatever, its my job as the parent to make sure my kid is safe. Dreamworlds (and any amusement park or company) job is to make sure my kid is safe in situations that I can't control (like operating a ride) or situations that come with an assumption of safety (like walking on a flat obvious path). 

The world shouldn't be rubber mats and rounded edges. Take responsibility and create boundaries. Peer pressure is not an acceptable excuse. 

• Like 2