"Significant" new attractions to be announced at Dreamworld

34 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But really? do we want MW to build this and then that's our 'new' thrill ride for 3 or 4 years?

Definitely not. It would be stupid to have a ride that’s all round the country as the only “thrill” ride we get from MW this decade. But tbh I don’t think it would even be up for consideration anytime soon.

39 minutes ago, New display name said:

Sorry,  I just took the opportunity to hang shit on the ride.  DD & MC are my go-tos.

How long do Flats normally last? DD is 6 years now.

Edit: Also how many Twin Hammers are there globally? Intamins site only lists 2, MW and one in Malaysia.

Edited by Naazon

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

How long do Flats normally last? DD is 6 years now.

The old Huss rides at Luna Park lasted for 30 years (and 25 for flying saucer). Ex DW stingray lasted for 35. Ex SW pirate ship has clocked close to 40 years. Black Widow and Rampage are each over 20 years old and are still going. They can last if parks want it to but obviously costs are going to be prohibitive at some point as parts get harder to come by (see wipeout). Fwiw our parks do well at this, wipeout was lucky to run for as long as it did when so many of the other installs couldn’t even get half the mileage.

The Malaysia install closed after it ran for about 10 years so who knows how long Doomsday has left. I’d say it will either get rethemed to fit the Wild West area or removed in a few years time though. 

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1