Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point "Closing"

Coasterjoe

True it would put a lot of stress on the wheels and track. That’s partly why FR is not that tall and more drawn out. I definitely don’t think it’s for TTD. I am having a hard time trying to think what other coaster could handle going that fast. Other then formula Rosa but What is the point of FR beating their own record?  Does the thing day what launch technology they use? Could they be ramping up a air launch coaster like dododompa?  Unless it’s not a revamp at all but an entirely new roller coaster. They just say (involving a roller coaster and a speed record) that doesn’t mean it has to be an existing coaster..

Edited by REGIE

It's definitely utilizing LSM technology. Indrivetec is the company that supplies LSM's to Intamin (and a few other companies, iirc), but they don't do much else in the coaster industry aside from that, definitely no other launch types. Also, the image attached to their post is of iSpeed (the 2nd Intamin Blitz coaster), with it's LSM's in forefront. And, roughly translating the text within that image, the headline is 'Magnetically Attracted', and 90% of the post is describing how LSM's work or outlining what they've previously done with LSM's, with the other 10% revealing that they're working on the aforementioned project that breaks the world speed record. Here's the image in full resolution:
1669812613283.thumb.jpg.04084abf260970e2d600a62a91e7da4f.jpg

Edited by Tricoart

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

The animation looks like it was going way to fast over some of them hills and some of the bends are unbanked and they went back to arrow times of going just stright track down some of the hills… 

Yes, but that animation was prior to Intamin's announced involvement, and the park undergoing construction (which, speaking of, IIRC footers for FF have been poured already). It's purpose was just to show a basic idea of what height, speed, and features (launch, cliff drop, section alongside racetrack) they had envisioned for the coaster. It's like trying to base the layout of Jungle Rush on it's concept art.

Edited by Tricoart

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, red dragin said:

Barren. 

Is the track still on the hill section? 

Yeah, no further alterations to the ride's track/hardware have been done as far as I can tell. Here's where the original image was taken from, in higher quality and with zoomed out images showing the whole TTD site: 

• Like 1

On 16/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Looks like a swing launch might be coming 😴

The typical whiney voiced mums basement American video mentions some previously proven true information. 
What exactly is that? Nothing he has previously posted has been proven true so far. I think it’s speculation. 
This would universally make the ride more crap so why would anyone in their right mind at Cedar Fair choose to do this?

I do find it odd that everyone takes what he says as gospel. The only thing he said that has happened is that he reckoned that it would open 2024..

why is top thill dragsters refurb such a big deal anyway? I don’t see YouTubers everywhere spectating about scooby doo’s refurb.  I mean sure cedar point was first to build a lot of record breaking coasters that just means as technology has progressed it’s left all cedar points coasters a bit outdated.?

No one cares about scooby - especially on a global scale. Top thrill dragster is a beast - a record smasher and a huge hit with GP and enthusiasts alike. 

Scrapping Wicked Twister makes sense if this is true (which I think it is) - there's no point having a mini version of the same ride (except inverted I guess).

I also wouldn't be surprised if they added a non inverting loop to the top hat.

Falling from over 400ft, facing forwards into a airtime hill (which ST should have had) then the top hat would be a completely new experience.

The hydraulic system took up to a minute to reset in the hotter days, LSMs don't need this as long as they cool well enough.