The limit of people allowed in during really busy days

STRAWS

Is just me or during school holidays and really busy weekends Movie World let way too many people in.

I went in the second week of school holidays on a Monday it was so busy it wasn't fun. 3 plus hour ques for everything and virtual que was full by 10am.

I was speaking to some people, and they spent $500 to get in with their family. They were upset because the ride lines were way to long. even on main street it felt suffocating with all the people. i wonder what the limit is because it's crazy how many people are allowed in. I personally think there should be a smaller limit.

Please let me know if you agree.

Whilst there would be a presumed limit based on safety to evac etc as per their planning approvals, there wouldn’t come a point in standard operations where they close entry. The park bled money through forced closures and no tourists during covid, so whilst an inconvenience you can’t spam them to taking the $$ while they are there. As long as they are ensuring maintenance (planned) is done offpeak and all rides are running 2 trains where possible, then that’s just how it is. 

Having visited over Easter I know how painful the waits were.

It feels like our rides are designed to handle the off-peak season only, load times, checks, dispatches can't handle peak crowds unfortunately.

More staffing would help, but only to a degree. Even during the holidays, with two train ops, dispatches were still slow. This isn't only the fault of the parks though; people just don't pay attention to the announcements when they're close to the front of the queue - loose items, doing up seatbelts, pulling down harnesses early etc.

It's still pretty on par with my experience in the non-premium parks in the US (Seaworld Orlando, BGT), Ops were slow there too.

What I do appreciate is that VRTP don't oversell their Virtual Queue or Fast Tracks, they even had VQ 'off' completely during Easter, but by 'off' it was marked as 'Queue Full' all day which to be honest just served to aggravate people even more.