Theme Park Worldwide Announce Australian Tour

Noll_57

I can’t believe his favourite ride at the park is gold coaster the oldest coaster in the Gold Coast. I mean I absolutely love it but I am surprised I am not the only one. After watching it though I realised how much dreamworld need another modern thrill coaster. Most the coasters are fairly old but we got jungle rush coming but one more thrill coaster is sorely needed. Glad they had a good time!

2 hours ago, New display name said:

It sounds like the ride gave him concussion.   The Gold Coaster is a great example why Arrows is no more.

I actually don't think the Gold Coaster is a bad ride TBH. Especially now that it has the new Vekoma trains. It's forceful, a unique layout and honestly it's no where near as rough as it used to be. It's not the best ride in the world, but it's certainly not bad by any means.

• Like 1

I had to check the calendar it wasn't April fool's day, with people telling me the Gold Coaster is a good coaster. 🤣 When I rode it a couple of months ago, it was the first coaster, I have ever come off with a headache.

Comparing ST with GC is like comparing a Tesla with a Datsun 180B.

7 minutes ago, REGIE said:

MW though dreamworld does have the upper hand over seaworld because of their flats

Not a chance.

Edited by New display name

What is your point here @New display name?  It seems a nothingness argument because what? You don’t like arrows so everyone should hate them and demolish them all?? If you don’t like Gold coaster then that’s OK you don’t need to try to get everyone to hate it. Some people (like myself) enjoy it for what it is, doesn’t mean you have to like it too.

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

Caught up with Shawn and Charlotte, today. They seem really down to earth. Adventure World was packed and they weren’t too impressed with the operations (Abyss was only running one train). 

However, they really enjoyed Abyss and Goliath. They had plenty of positive things to say about a lot of the attractions. However, they overheard that it took some people an hour to get their food. 

They’re in Perth until tomorrow, when they head off to Malaysia.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Yes it is really great. I went on the Rebel when I went a week ago and I can tell you it is one of the most intense flat rides in Australia.

Agreed! The 2nd half of the cycle, when the gondola spins freely, is wild. The onset of the forces are abrupt and intense. IMO it's running better, and more extreme, than when it was on the carnival circuit.

3 minutes ago, WalleyWorld said:

Agreed! The 2nd half of the cycle, when the gondola spins freely, is wild. The onset of the forces are abrupt and intense. IMO it's running better, and more extreme, than when it was on the carnival circuit

Yes when the gondola spins freely it is very intense and everyone coming down to ride the new coasters should try it out IMO. Gumbuya actually have broke some records in terms of G-Force with Project Zero being the only coaster with 5Gs and Rebel also being the only spin-n-spew gyro swing with 5Gs. I can see why it is 14+ to ride.

And the Project Zero actually gets queues unlike Buzzsaw. Not as big as TNT/waterslides but bigger than the flats. Mining Race Coaster gets hardly any queues since TNT/PZ opened. Good ride for the park with it also being the second tallest and fastest coaster in Australia, and only one of two coasters to reach 150ft (the other being DCR)