°¤WõÑdÈ®lãÑD §ýDñÈÿ «RêVïsíTëл

Guest boycotta

For Wonderpass holders, it might not be the best way to go. You are not allowed to use your Wonderpass after 5pm, you must pay the $16.50. However, if you come a little bit before 5pm (say, 4:45pm), you will be allowed to use your Wonderpasss. To me, it doesn't make sense at all. To my understanding, Wonderland do not advertise this rule, therefore causing themselves a huge angry mob of people at guest relations. ~Liam
Wet 'n' Wild used to go one step further with their late night trading: They used to sell a day pass, and a day night pass. Day/Night passes allowed people to stay in the park after 5pm. The simple day pass, only allowed people to stay in the park until 5pm. They enforced the rule by making people who had a day pass, surrender it upon entry, and pick it up while leaving. If they left the park after 5, they were asked to pay the after 5 entry fee.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's insane that you could get in at 4:55 on your pass, but suddenly when it hits 5pm, you're paying $16.50. Not to mention that there's nothing mentioned in the Wonderpass Terms and Conditions of Use (which could do with a bit of a proofread to get rid of a few typos and awkward phrases- it's just plain terrible in parts) - or anywhere on the Wonderland website. I suppose, it's just something you've got to remember, and get there a few before 5pm if that's the way it's got to be done. There's really not much you can do. :)

Ona very sad note, at wonderland 2 days ago a 16 year old died at one of the construction sites at the front of the parks entrance. He feel head first on concrete and it was his 3rd day of work. What i'm shocked about is that they never supplied him with any harness. who knows, the family i think is going to sue and then the company might have to forfeit plans to build at wonderland. On other news people have noticed cleared land near the beach for the new wonderland park entrance. The old entrance stands directly in front of one of the building sites, which will be used for the company's entrance as well as the buildings down at the back. if wonderland actually buils rides as much as they fix up the park, they will be in great shape!

Construction is done by contractors, who are legally responsible for safety etc. on the construction site, not the land owners. Also, there's not going to be any forfeiting of plans to construct at Wonderland, regardless of who sues who. There's a little thing called a contract. Unless the construction company wants to get into trouble with Wonderland, the job will be done. That's of course assuming any legal action takes place, which would happen if there was some sort of fault on the contractors part (if they've provided safety that meets the standards of workplace health and safety, then they shouldn't be negligent and insurance will come into play and make everyone happy).

I think that I might be able to shed a bit more light on this for you. The saftey of anyone on the construction site is down to two people. One is the WPHSO, (Work Place Health and Safety Officer), and the individual. The WPHSO is required to make sure that anyone on site is useing the correct safety equipment, and that the company the person is working for supplies the correct equipment and that the said equipment is in working order. It then falls back to the company and the worker. The company must make sure that the worker has access to the correct safety equipment at all times, and that it is in working order. It then falls on the worker in question to make sure that they use the correct safety equipment when needed. Alot of the time, you will see someone go up a ladder for example and stay there for 5min and come down with out ever using the correct equipment. It is the biggest killer of workers in the construction industry and the one thing that my wife worries about with myself. If the family trys to sue the company, then there will be an inquiry into the accident to determine if the worker had access to the correct equipment and had undergone a site safety induction, which is compolsory on all sites in Australia. If this is all taken into account and then found fault on the worker, I can't see the company getting sued. This is just from past experence that I have had within the industry myself and the course that I have done to become a WPHSO myself. These rules are country wide, not just state. Hope this answers any questions that you might have.

Thanks for that extremely concise answer thunder. He is 100% correct, I too deal with these issues every day as our industry adopts a lot of its practices from the construction industry. Falls from height are a serious killer in the country and I'm sure that 99% of them are avoidable. There is just no excuse for unsafe work practices, do you really value your paycheque more than your life? The problem we have guys is that a)there are a lot of 'backyard operators' out there that don't follow the Workcover Regs. and b)there is way too much complacency among workers today. The mindset that nothing had gone wrong before so I'll be fine without PPE(personal protective equipment) today is all too common. At the end of the day a big problem is that if a worker kicks up a fuss about safety he will often be put out the door (even though this is illegal) because there is always some other moron out there that is happy to do the job unsafely for a quick buck! I have my own fall prevention equipment for working at height and use it all the time. Having your own equipment is the safest way as you know exactly what happens with it and what condition it has been in. Not really a bad investment. It is very sad that this has happened as it is often people like this boy (fresh on the job) who are the victims. As for the company abandoning its plans to build at WL that would only be the case if legal action forced them out of business is what I think they are getting at.

Just a quick note to add to thunders post. There are actually 3 people responsible when an aprentice or junior (i.e unskilled) worker is injured. The third being the master builder responsible for the aprentice/junior. It is their responsibility to teach all the OH&S to their student. (I know this because I began a building apprenticeship a few years back but dropped out cause it sucked)

Thunder001 has asked me to reply to this post for him as he is having troubles accessing Total Thrills.. OWHS is something that is the persons responcability to perform on site. If the master builder on site gives him the ppe and he does not use it, then there is a loop hole that states the company has done it's duty to the law. The other thing to think about is wether or not the person was a apprentice or just a Labourer. There is a lot of things to consider.

• 1 year later...

I just noticed that boycotta has gone mental and has edited all posts in this thread and replaced whatever was there with "n/a cannot show any personal info". Remember its 5c, virgin to virgin. So that will apply to the majority of people on this forum. "The Bus is now leaving for Northfield Mental Hospital, South Australia"