Superman Escape meetup

Richard

Superman Escape Meetup  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you likely attend a Movie World meetup in coming months?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what date?

• Any weekend in the next few months
    • February 11 Weekend
    • February 18 Weekend
    • February 25 Weekend
    • March 4 Weekend
    • March 18 Weekend
    • Other (specify)
    • Wouldn't attend.

The two-year anniversary of Roller-Coaster.com.au is here in a few months time, and with Superman Escape open at Movie World we think it'd be the perfect excuse to have another meetup. We could spread the fun out over a weekend. Spend Saturday at Warner Bros. Movie World, and then check out one of the other parks on Sunday. Interstate members have no excuse. Take a look at Jetstar and Virgin Blue's prices. Return flights from Sydney or Melbourne to the Gold Coast will be under $200. Come down the Saturday morning and fly home Sunday night. What I want to work out first off is dates that people are most free. It'll have to be a weekend naturally. If we can get people voting and specifying their best dates we can come up with something that best works for most people. I'd like to have a finalised date a week from now so that those that have to can apply for the weekend off from work etc. and you have time to book cheap flights. It'd be a great chance to get to know other members from Roller-Coaster.com.au better, and an awesome excuse to ride Australia's best thrill ride while it's still new. The last meet at Wonderland Sydney was a great success. Let's see if we can top it! Please vote for your most available weekend and post any comments/suggestions and anything else you have on your mind. I've crossed out the weekend of March 11 as I'll be in Adelaide.

Sounds like a good idea to me - and excuse to go to the parks is always good. Any weekend really is good for me, though only from the February 25th weekend onwards since I won't be in Brisbane before then. If the meetup was before then, then I wouldn't be able to attend. If I had to choose a weekend, then I would say February 25-26 then.

Count Me In Richo, I am free any weekend lol, As I live locally. I hope this Goes Ahead :D So whatever the weekend is, count me in. I think we could possibly also that weekend have a Dreamworld Meet, So People can have a choice as to what park to attend. But Sadly my Dreamworld Pass Expires this weekend. So Count me in!

the weekend of May 20th is already booked for me and my fiance. we're spending a weekend there with full plans to go to WBMW to ride Superman - so all the better if we can meet up with the group! Out of curiosity Richard, do you think movieworld would consider something like what ACE get in the US? any special offers, deals, or *gasp* lockout or pre-opening\post-closure access at all? If we could get the numbers, surely Warner Village would be open to giving us a Half Hour on Superman... Or Scooby... or even Lethal? to just cycle away... All we would need would be a train full... or two. "Dear Guests, Superman: Escape will be closing at 4:30pm today for a private function. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but you're not a true enthusiast anyway - or you would be attending the function... so you can get screwed while we support those who religiously support us. Should you wish to discuss this further, a statue of bugs bunny will be located outside in the middle of the bruce highway. (is my geography right?) Any guest able to reach the statue without being pancaked by a semi may feel free to file a complaint. Regards, Warner Village." I suppose its just a matter of how much Warner Village thinks of Total Thrills and R-C......

Edited by AlexB

A bit off topic, but basicly the costs involved with opening rides late for functions are so high, that you need well over 100 people for it to be cheap enough to make it even slightly attractive, but even then that still wouldn't be half-price on a normal entry ticket, and would include all of one hour "ERT", on a one ride, with nothing else included. So far 25th Febuary Weekend, and March 18 Weekend are out in front, but keep the votes coming.