Sea Worlds New Coaster

goliath

As always clint, I completely agree with you. Sea World never has been a Thrill park, and never has it been one of those parks you visit every 2 years. The last time I visited Sea World was in 1997, and I will be going in two weeks time, as alot has changed sine 1997, or so I understand. But you don't goto Sea World for the rides, you go for the animal attractions.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A last-minute shuffle within Village Theme Parks may see this ride [unknown Half Pipe] opening at a different Gold Coast theme park instead of Sea World.
What's all this about? Is Movie World going to add three rides in three consecutive years? Movie World just can't stop 'til its got enough.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with building an Aqua Trax all through the park as cool as it might be is that you are pretty much intruding on the tranquil areas with a thrill ride. Even if you look at SW Orlando it still isolates it's rides from the Animal based attractions...

The only alternative ican think of is to build a big building on part of the carpark so the sound is enclosed, and then somehow have links into the park. I was sort of thinking an aqua trax could start near corkscrew with the launch section be slotted in beside the ski lake on the eastern side of the park (it could even be done in a similar way to calif screamin, with the launch water cooled using water from the lake) then have it go into a twisted section inside the building with theming etc, with some sort of lift to bring it to the top of the building. Then a big drop would come out of the building, followed by an airtime hill, before splashing down. It would share similarities to that aqua trax at lotte world. I doubt they would do anything like this though as it would cost $$$.

Well, at least it relates to the theme of SW and they havent tried to do something like an extreme sports tie in to attract that teen market. How long though until people claim the name is insensitive to victims of the Boxing Day Tsunamis? There was a park in the US that re-named their woodie from Tsunami out of respect. And SW isnt immune to doing this, they renamed their fairy penguins to "little penguins" to avoid offending people. Then again, maybe it has been long enough now that people dont mind, i mean we have rides like cyclone, and they have killed many.... Still, this sounds cool, im looking foward to seeing how it looks.

Edited by Gazza

I think that the new ride will suit Seaworld really well with all the tsunami theming. :) However, they should of gone for a Disk-O. The coaster that they have decided on has a skateboard theme to it already. But with a Disk-O you can theme it to what ever you want. Take "Survivor the ride" for an example (I've posted a pic below of the ride). It's not just an ordinary Disk-O but it has a air-time hill in the middle of the two spikes. Even though it's not a coaster it still would of looked relly cool and probably would have given the same affect as the half-pipe. ;)Here is the pic. You can see the hill just after where the Disk-O gondala is positioned: CoasterBoy6

Edited by Adam

I don't see why a Half-Pipe wouldn't suit Movie World. I am struggling to find a movie that it would relate to but I'm sure something will come up other than it's resemblance to skateboarding. It would certainly be a welcome addition to Movie World in my books; anything similar to The Claw would be fantastic. I just hope it's not as loud as the Tower of Terror.