LW Issues

cadboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha Richos being a twat ;) Of course, I'm going to the park on Wednesday, and Its not going to be hard to get photos of both the friction wheels that two days ago didnt exist :rolleyes:

there is no rollers on the peice of track
But now do:
but from what i have heard now the problem has been fixed when all the stations friction wheels were replaced back in 2001
And it wont be hard to get a photo of the back end of the train (the "square" shape enclosed by the track ties means you can see in between the wheels, as was seen in the Blue Tornado photo) But of course, this will be a wasted effort, because when I show the motors are non existent: "Oh, But Gazza, they were there in 2001" Guess I'll never be right, hey guys :rolleyes: Edited by Gazza

I don't think you have to be smart to know its the same person, however I can confirm it. Tom, just wondering if you're related to the other 2 Toms who registered recently from the same IP address? I did notice you've got different surnames, but I figure you might be cousins or something? also theyre moterz in the wildwest boates for when the chain breakz!!!1! i know im back their day-2-day!!

Edited by joz

I don't think you have to be smart to know its the same person, however I can confirm it. Tom, just wondering if you're related to the other 2 Toms who registered recently from the same IP address? I did notice you've got different surnames, but I figure you might be cousins or something? also theyre moterz in the wildwest boates for when the chain breakz!!!1! i know im back their day-2-day!!
Thanks alot joz I was oringinally suspecting the same thing but 1 I did not want to falesy accuse and 2 I am to polite to say anything. I do think it is sad though that he had to make different accounts to back himself when others disagreed. Come on klassen why did you do it? Oh and gazza LOL :P

there is many a reasons as to y i did it for one im new to this type of thing and haveing seen the site numours times and look at the forums i thought i would join so i could put my 2 cents worth in on topics if i knew stuff. obviously in this case no one is going to listen to me so i may as well just give up. iv seen in so many of these forums some of you people on here over rule and attack at other people without giving them a chance and you think your king sh#$ and know all. may be you should settle down and take on board what is said before jumping to conclusions on stuff youhave read or heard before cause it doesnt mean its right in all surcomstances. i appologize for this as it is partly my fault but it wouldnt have happen if you take on board wat others say instead of thinging you are the one with the only answer. lets get over it. :lol:

People aren't going to simply listen to you straight away, especially when you make false comments all the time. You need to build respect. Klassen the thing is there aren't people who over rule others, its simple just people giving far more sophisticated and well believable statements. Like you said it is your fault this has happened but it doesn't mean you've completely lost. Just start make a bit more sense and writing things in a bit better detail and it will turn out.

thank you very much mickey_079 for the advice. i just wanna add i havnt made false comments all the time my understanding was there is motors that were installed on the zero car thats what i had read and thats y to begin with i said wat i said then my head was bitten off by those who think they know everything and couldnt give others ago or even consider what they say because they are purely right ALL THE TIME and they know everything.

ha ha ha ha yeah it has caused a lot of contraversy and a lot of attention to both myn and tommo22's account but speak for all those who havent been given a chance on some of the forums and have had there heads bitten off because of things they have said or heard and have been told there wrong straight off and havnt been given a chance, some of you need to lighten up a bit and take on bored what others say before you go and tell the world that you are the only person with the right answer.

I can tell you two easy ways to get people to listen to you and get respect instantly. 1. Use correct punctuation and spelling. 2. Use your real name. Example one yeah guyz im gonna get a new ride for saworld its gonna be real great its an intamin prototype jetski ride. peace out Jman Example two We've gone ahead and decided to order a new Intamin prototype Jet Ski style seating coaster for Sea World. Regards John Menzies Both could be the same people, its just all in how credible the post is. When your proposing something unexpected AND doing it in a really non credible posting style, its going to be hard to get people to believe you.

It seems like those comments were aimed at me Klassen24, At the end of the day, if you are right you are right, and if you are wrong you are wrong. When I explained the real reason for what they are for I wasn't being unreasonable, I backed up what I was saying with a number of examples.

Nope, whats this? [image] As long as there is at least one set of friction wheels making contact with a train, it doesn't matter if there are sections without them. Besides, there couldn't be motors in the car, because there isn't a set of electrical contacts running along the track.
Because I wrote this, you said I was being rude (I'm still wanting to know why that is considered rude) Its not as if I said something harsh like "What are you on about dimwit, theres no motors in there you noob". Remember, If I hadn't explained about zero cars, then someone else would have, and if I hadn't pointed out that there are friction wheels, then somebody else would have...This topic was started because somebody wanted the correct answer to a question...Yeah obviously everyone should get a fair go (Which isn't hard because you can post whenever you want) but If somebody is clearly wrong then naturally somebody will step in and correct them. Notice how nobody said I was wrong about zero cars, and nobody said you were wrong about the safety perimeter around rides...Because in both cases examples were given, and there weren't any fundamental flaws in what was said.
who think they know everything and couldnt give others ago or even consider what they say because they are purely right ALL THE TIME and they know everything.
Thing is though, I (and others) did give consideration to what you said, thought about it, and gave reasons instead of just flat out saying you were wrong for no reason. -There are in fact friction wheels -A motor in the car would need an electrical contact rail, of which there is none -No other SLCs use onboard motors -On-board motors would add weight too the train, and would cause frictional losses. -Not enough space for a motor powerful enough to move a train that weighs several tonnes.
and you think your king sh#$
Isn't that being a bit presumptuous? Thing is, this site has many members, and a lot of them work in the industry, or have in the past, and some have just been into theme parks for so long that they have built up a good knowledge of them...If certain people are frequently right, its probably because they are...why is that something to be ashamed of? Should people 'dumb down' to avoid accidentally proving someone else wrong. Besides:
i can a shore you i spend more time that most people on this forum behind the scenes of most of MW attractions.
Isn't that talking yourself up a bit? If being "having to be right" is such a bad thing, then why go to the effort of making a new account to just to pretend to be 'right'? Also, I felt like posting this:
ride was the first of its kind in australia and was custom-made by vekoma international in the neatherlands for warner brothers movieworld
post-88-1219137477_thumb.jpg Above is the original model SLC, and below the the extended version with a helix (often colloquially referred to as a 'bonus helix') . Movie World was indeed the first park to get the SLC with a bonus helix (that is what techincally makes it 'custom' even if 95% is the same as every other SLC), but notice, between the two versions everything else is the same, such as where the station, maintenance bay and brakes are and right down to the design and placement of the supports. This is why people wouldn't believe about on-board motors...because they would have just done a 'copy and paste' with the way the maintenance bay is set up.... even if it did have problems in 1997 moving trains (did it really?), then clearly they would fix it by checking the installation of friction wheels with the specifications of previous SLCs, instead of some untested solution of trying to whack motors in a train. Finally, Its great that you are so willing to contribute, and right off the bat you have begun contributing photos etc, Just remember, be honest, make sure what you are posting makes sense and uses correct spelling/grammar, and if you are unsure about something, make sure you state that it is your opinion, and not fact. Its ok to be wrong sometimes, its happened to everyone (myself included) you just need to move on and learn from it. I'ts unfortunate things had to start off on the wrong foot.

Well turns out klassen was right after all for most of what he said.
I was oringinally suspecting the same thing but 1 I did not want to falesy accuse and 2 I am to polite to say anything.
Not attempting to start anything here, but the term "suckhole" comes to mind. Find a bandwagon and jump on it... until the next bandwagon comes along? I'm not trying to have a go Cadboy, I guess i'm just trying to say that its ok to have a little confrontation \ controversy once in a while. If you keep dripping with sincerities, sometimes the puddle it makes can turn a little stagnant.

OK Alex point taken. Although when I saw the post I really was suprized that a whole new person typed posts like klassen and backed up what he said fully. Like I said before I was sticking up for him and did not want to accuse until I found out the truth from joz. I must say I realy am amazed that he did what he did. Cheers,

thanks for that gazza muchly apprieciated. and from what you said in your last reply "even if it did have problems in 1997 moving trains (did it really?)," it is correct i can ashore you i read about it on a site that used to be running but im not completely shore what the name of the site is but it is still running but its like a ghost town now kinda like roller-coaster.com.au but ill find out what it was cause i was going to add the link before to back up what i had said but i couldnt find it but im still looking. The ride did infact have issues with the friction wheels on the maintaince bay and from what i read on the artical there were motors attached to both trains not huge motors they were designed to give the trains more oomf when going into the maintaince bay. also just to back my self up on the whole custom built for movieworld thing hear is a copy of a attraction Info sheet that movieworld has on all major rides for school groups or anyone in genral who wants to know more about certain attractions they will give you a copy if the reason of course is reasnable. Opened: 1995 Cost: $13 million Capacity: 1,000 passengers an hour in two 20-seater trains Manufactured: Vekoma, The Netherlands Ride Cycle: 2 minutes, 55 seconds Inversions: 5 (Sea Serpent, Sidewinder, 2x Barrel Roll) This coaster features an end Helix something that is currently only found on two other suspended loop coaster’s Max. Height: 105 feet Drop: 90 feet Lethal Weapon is Australia’s first and only suspended looping coaster. There are 765 metres of non-stop drops, dives, bends, roll-overs (corkscrew combined with looping), sidewinders (vertical loops), double spins, Bayern Curves (horizontal curves), loops and plunges with riders suspended in absolute nothingness and encountering five complete upsidedown sensations at 80 kph. Lethal Weapon is completely feet-free. Riders sit in suspended seats which travel on the ‘outside’ of the track. In the looping sequence riders can see their feet against the sky and will experience up to 4 G Forces. Custom-made by Vekoma International BV, Netherlands, for Warner Bros. Movie World, Lethal Weapon is designed to be the smoothest and quietest coaster in the world, testament to quality manufacturing and operation. Lethal Weapon is the only ride of its type with the Bayern Curve – a horizontal loop – dubbed the “Aussie Curve” by the manufacturer because the park is the first to incorporate it in a sensational new coaster experience. More than 600 tonnes of steel and technology from around the world was assembled to construct the coaster. one last thing i wasnt specifaclly having a go at you gazza, but here's a prime example of what im talking bout which is what alex just said to cadboy, its unrelated alex if you have a issue with the way cadboy is or talks or respondes to things send him a PM instead of humilating him in front of everyone not everyone needs to be as tough and rude as you are and iv read numours times were you pick on people because of what they say or how they talk on here. ITS THERE PERSONALITY, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT IM SHORE THERE NOT JUST GONNA CHANGE FOR ONE PERSON. I dont like it how your so rude to people on here but thats your personality and i can ashore you you wont change for me and im shore you dont like things about me but im not gonna change for you. LEAVE CADBOY ALONE NO ONE ELSE HAS A ISSUE WITH HIM.

I should remind everyone that it is a rule to which all members agree when posting at Parkz, that every effort should be made to write posts that are grammatically correct. This includes capital letters at the start of sentences, full stops at the end and all other necessary punctuation. If you are a typically weak speller then I'd recommend any of the commonly available spell checkers for your browser. We aren't asking for perfection, but we do expect that everyone show other members the decency and respect of making posts easy to read. If you can't do this then don't bother posting. http://www.parkz.com.au/about/FAQ/Communit...idelines.html#5

also just to back my self up on the whole custom built for movieworld thing hear is a copy of a attraction Info sheet that movieworld has on all major rides for school groups
Yeah, but that same sheet also says Lethal Weapon is designed to be the smoothest and quietest coaster in the world. Guys, I'm also expecting this not turn into another piss fight.

Well, I guess to give this topic some closure.... post-88-1219216129_thumb.jpg Apologies for the poor low light performance of my camera. Annoyingly, a bunch of wheel assemblies were parked in the maintenance bay right where the friction wheels are, but you could still just see the friction wheels. Edit: To answer the question in Cadboy's post below, a horizontal loop is just a helix....That upward spiral at the end of the ride. So that info in the pdf is actually false because there are a few SLCs with a horizontal loop/bayen curve/bonus helix or whatever you want to call it....LW is not the only one.

Edited by Gazza

Custom-made by Vekoma International BV, Netherlands, for Warner Bros. Movie World, Lethal Weapon is designed to be the smoothest and quietest coaster in the world, testament to quality manufacturing and operation.
I think that is just Hilliarious :P:P:P LOl
Lethal Weapon is the only ride of its type with the Bayern Curve – a horizontal loop – dubbed the “Aussie Curve”
Where in the ride is this??
LEAVE CADBOY ALONE NO ONE ELSE HAS A ISSUE WITH HIM.
Thanks but I am sure there are other members that have an issue with me. EDIT: I have another Question about LW. What are the big, black speakers that are mounted on some of the supports used for? :blink: Edited by cadboy

well, depending on where the speakers are (I cannot think of which you mean - got a picture?) it would either be theming speakers (ambience - the lethal weapon theme music etc) or it would be public address, for emergencies) Ok - I just looked on the parkz gallery, and presume you are talking about this one, in which case I would say that those speakers are directly above the observation area. Those would be for the ambience, but also for the operators to instruct any in the observing area to not climb on the fences \ tell people to leave the exit walkway. There wouldn't be many of them, and would all be directed at the observation area, hence why the photo i've linked above has the speaker pointing directly at the camera - because the photo would be taken from the observation area.