Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Over 300 trucks delivered Wet'N'Wild's water slides to Prospect site

• [*]Peter Theodosiou [*]
Blacktown Advocate [*]February 13, 2013 Sydney residents. "The vast majority of those interested parties are from the western suburbs and we are really happy about that," he said. "That's including the construction and tendering jobs that are also going through." The park is scheduled to open by December and will generate more than $500 million in local economic activity over the first 10 years of operation. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/over-300-trucks-delivered-wetnwilds-water-slides-to-prospect-site/story-e6freuy9-1226576750859

Just heard the report on Channel 7 News. There will be a total of 300 trucks/containers delivered to the site. I also found out what is being built at the drive in up the road, it's a hotel. Not sure what company/chain it's for and I have heard speculation that the drive in itself is closing. "The Bus is now leaving for Speculation Tank, Queensland"

I really hope they do not close the drive-in. It's the last one in Sydney & I would prefer to go there to watch a movie rather than a cinema. A great piece of history. Edited by Reggie74

Custom made by a Canadian parts maker, the pieces will soon form rides including the Aqua Loop, Mat Racer, Double Skycoaster and the biggest wave pool in Australia.

They always mention the crappiest rides in these reports. Skycoaster? Nothing special there - if anything it makes this park less special. And Mat Racer and Wave Pool? Thrilling. :wacko:

They always mention the crappiest rides in these reports. Skycoaster? Nothing special there - if anything it makes this park less special. And Mat Racer and Wave Pool? Thrilling. :wacko:

No offence, but I am amazed anyone could regard a skycoaster as a crappy ride. I would be absolutely thrilled to have such a thing within an hour travel distance from me. Wow!

I don't believe it was said to be crappy - just that it was nothing special... which is true. Although you may not have Skycoaster local to your area, they aren't exactly rare, unique, one-of-a-kind or an australian first... I think the point of the post quoted is more like 'Why not trumpet those attractions that have a point of difference?'

I don't believe it was said to be crappy - just that it was nothing special... which is true. Although you may not have Skycoaster local to your area, they aren't exactly rare, unique, one-of-a-kind or an australian first... I think the point of the post quoted is more like 'Why not trumpet those attractions that have a point of difference?'

A fair enough point. However I still say a skycaster is far from crappy.

A fair enough point. However I still say a skycaster is far from crappy.

A fair enough point. However I still say that nobody except you has suggested SkyCoaster has anything to do with the word Crappy. The only inferences made towards that particular attraction is that it is 'nothing special'... which it isn't.

They also showed some large slide pieces on channel 9 news. By the time this thing opens the slides will already be faded if they put them up soon! They also referred numerous times to the park being "the world's largest waterpark" with the most amount of rides. Can anyone confirm this? There are some pretty big parks out there!

I believe the wording was "one of the world's largest". "The Bus is now leaving for Wordimup Pool, Western Australia"

We cant really say whether it's the best or not until is built. Plus being the best isn't just about a ride lineup it's the experience as a whole. We cant really say whether it's the best or not until is built. Plus being the best isn't just about a ride lineup it's the experience as a whole.

These guys have a small article about installing a timelapse camera, which will be used for advertising. A shot of the lazy river included! http://www.inceptiontimelapse.com.au/?p=2146 Also a nice new video from 9 news, again quoting the bogus "Largest water park in the world".. the PR team at Village must be loving it. Still a great video with shots of the slide pieces arriving and a great pan out of the entire site - http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/sydney-s-wet-n-wild-to-be-world-s-biggest/x8g4sev?cpkey=a22ea8dd-32c1-4d9c-9aa4-cb38f9095af6%257c%257c%257c%257c