Sydney Royal Easter Show!

Sorry, I had heard a while back that it was at Totemland, and I had asummed it had gone off the circut and TL was its permanent home, but I was wrong, It takes time out to go to the Sydney Show. Yet another ride Melbourne didnt get last year :mad:, just where were all the good rides last year? Oh well, at least you guys are having fun :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question GoBoi, Splash Canyon is definetly there, but it was kinda borring. The last time it was at the Melbourne Show was in 1998. Since the park that it operates at, is now closed, we may see it travel. I got back from Sydney just today, and the show was fantastic!!! Rainbow was wicked, I was soooooooooo happy to see it. Rode it 5 times! :D:D, and yeah the operator was kinda of a tightass, and gave short rides. Also around 9:30 Durkins Hurricane cought on fire, no flames were seen, but smoke was bellowing out of the tired machine that hadn't stopped running all day! and night!. Fire brigade was there shortly to put out the fire. Also I heard later the Haunted House's sign caught on fire, and today The sizzler blew its hydrolics, and the Mega Mix was once again, down because of Technical Difficulties I took pictures of the Hurricane incident too.

^ I can only dream :) The Cliff Hanger at the show is the Dartron Cliff Hanger as seen here. I'll be attending the show tomorrow from 11am till close. I'm really looking forward to the show. Rides is obviously my first priority, but for the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to going to the exhibits and shows. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is stepping into the show bag pavillion - chaos! I'll be taking pictures & high quality video of the rides, exhibits & shows which will be edited into a music video. Look for that in the coming weeks!

why go tommorow, why not go on tuesday ngith from 6-10pm for unlimited rides, which is worth it for $30 after purchasing it last year rather than paying retial of $7 a ticket for one lousy ride. Oh right now u can hear the fireworks. lol. so reconsider im going tuesday night and i advise any people going to the show to go by train because the entry ticket is the showlink ticket which includes public transportaion for one price of i think $20 and no other ticket so ur paying transportation on top of the entry, so you should go by train or bus.

I am also really excited about the show this year and it is not something I usually get pumped about. I think the marketing must have been better and more out there this year 'cause something is making me want to go. I'm really looking forward to the rides (ofcourse). Considering the fact that none of our Aussie theme parks have had a new ride in ages, I am craving something new. The show may only have basic travelling rides but it's great that some of them are new to Sydney. The majority of them I've never been on before. It's sad to think that the show probably has some of the newest and best rides in NSW at the moment. That's why it amazes me that anyone would want to go to Saturday Session at Wonderland at the moment. Forget that, go to the show instead. At least they have actually invested time and money into the event and all profits stay in Australia. So anyway, do you guys know how much it costs for the rides? Shifty says $7 per ride. Is there any discount if you buy in bulk? I'm looking at going at night as there's more atmosphere and ofcourse it's cheaper. How have the nights been for the rides? Busy? Are they all open until 10:30pm? Sorry, so many questions. The rides I will hopefully be going on are - Mega Drop, Cliffhanger(?), Splash Canyon, Haunted Mansion (love ghost trains, no matter how crappy) and the assortment of roller coasters. Yay!

Sorry, i meant the new rides. you seem quite in the loop when it comes to carnival rides, do you think mega drop will be heading down here? what about that spinning wild mouse? Maybe the reason some of these didnt come was because of the shows new format (less rides, more of the other diversions) and in Splash Canyons case, becasue of water restictions.

Splash Canyons absence has nothing to do with water restrictions because it has its own circulated water, this is allowed to run in Melbourne, except that the owners don't bring it anymore. Also about Crazy Mouse it has come to Melbourne before, since the owners are Melbourne Based! Crazy Mouse was the headline ride at last years Dandenong show. It didnt come to the Melbourne show, because TPA decided to take it to Perth for their show, which at that time clashed with Melbourne Show dates. This year seeing the two shows days apart, so Crazy Mouse should be at the show this year. It's most likely that Mega Drop (aka SPACE DROP) will be heading down south along with Cliff Hanger. The two rides are owned by Showtime Amusements, and they always make an appearance at our show. It would be stupid not to bring them, as Melbourne is the second largest show

i can assure u that the park will not be packed on tuesday night, people like to spend the day and at night the place is much less the normal, i went last year and yes there were queue lines for the rides but they werent packed it was only like 5-10 min queue max. There are stax of rides, if wonderland pulls 40min queues for what 7 rides the easter show has what over 40 rides of all kind, and evenly distributed will give low queues, plus at the show there is no mucking around with getting people on and off rides, they are very quick, ive noticed every yr they are quick. The other reason why it wont be packed is that very few people know there is a unlimited ride pass, thats what really bites, my friends went today and the people said no there is nothing, what a bunch of lies, of course theres the unlimited pass, so dont be fooled. Check it out it chould be good.

Hey Everyone, I was advised by a friend that visited the Easter Show that Dragon's Flight was at the Easter Show. The individual has had a Wonder Pass for roughly the last 3 years and they do know what the ride looks like. The reason why I bring this up is because the ride looks permanent rather than a travelling model (On a Trailer) and the top covers are identical. Does anyone know? coasterfreak Neil

I can assure you that it is definitely not Dragons Flight at the show as it is still at Wonderland, be it in many pieces. Dragons Flights is another one of those rides that have hundreds if not thousands of clones around the world. If my memory serves me correctly (I’m not that old so it should) the same ride was at last years show and was located outside the stadium near the station, or at least on that side. "The Bus is now leaving for Dragon Tree Soak, Western Australia"

Maybe it was confiscated because it's a prohibited weapon...??? The one they have here is smaller than the one at Surfers anyway I think. I'm so impressed by your improved spelling Huss. Good to see you've been working on it. Improved out of sight. Only one mistake in that last post. Bus, can you elaborate on the damage to Dragon's Flight at all?