Fright Night 2013

gdalby96

I would actually love to see a maze featuring Chucky, but thats just my opinion

Speaking of that little doll I don't mind seeing Chucky's Insult Emporium from Universal Studios Hollywood. Maybe not because guests might find it too offended.. P.S I'm going on the 5th and 26th of October to fright nights and I will do a update on the mazes on the launch night. What dates are you going?

it's usually a good idea not to go on the first night as no matter how much 'testing' they give all of the attractions, there usually seems to be some opening night teething problems - this happens anywhere on an opening night. The scare actors also need to find their rhythm on night one so they usually hit their stride on the second or third night.

Despite the 31st being Hallowe'en, because it's midweek, it's sometimes quieter than the weekend events. I'd usually say the 18th-19th would be the better events to go to but attendance will be higher because it's a weekend... same goes for the 25th and 26th really.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'better' - do you mean 'better experience' or do you mean better 'less crowds' ...? because that will differ depending on what 'better' you mean.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'better' - do you mean 'better experience' or do you mean better 'less crowds' ...? because that will differ depending on what 'better' you mean.

For me and the group I'm going with, I guess "Less Crowds" would probably be best, seeing that most of them haven't been to MW before and want to ride some of the major rides. I know we definitely cant do the 31st, so would you recommend the 2nd weekend (12th)? Or would that be too busy and still have some problems?

^Will you be going to Movie World in the daytime? I'd recommend just riding rides in the daytime, and sticking to the scare attractions/mazes at night during the actual event.

There isn't enough time to do rides and mazes in one night I've found.

Enough time for just one? My friends really want to go on Superman while I want to do all the mazes. Is it possible in one night?

I know that I cant go during the day, but I'll see if they can. Thanks for the help. BTW How long were the queues for the rides and mazes last year?

Really depends on the maze and time. Last year we got in the gates at 5:30 (or whatever time they opened) and waiting near the gate before the road to the studios. It was pouring rain and we stood there for about 30mins, but once that gate was opened after the whole 'Thriller' dance we were in The Film Vault within 5mins, then straight over to Walking Dead which was about a 15min wait by then. We then headed straight over to Hillbilly Slasher and that was again about 15-20mins. Didn't bother with Psycho as I'd done it the previous year and was underwhelmed. If superman is running 2 trains you'll get on it but expect to wait an hour, which will rule u out of some of the shows and attractions - obviously we don't know what is planned for this year yet.

I would love to be a scare actor in the maze has anyone been a scare actor before due to work commitments I would never be available for the month of October as the position on seek said you must be available from the 1st to 30th of October would be so much fun

Edited by Gazza
Don't forget to breathe mate!

When do you think we will get some real information other than dates? Last year it was announced on the 7th of September, so should we find out any day now?

BTW, the Fright Nights site says in the overview section that it is from 6-11pm, but then the FAQ says 10:30pm is when it finishes. Would the park actually shut at 10:30? Or is 10:30 when the lines shut?

Edited by Zanstabar