at dreamworld now taking photo requests

Reanimated35

One that I wouldn't mind and keep forgetting to take myself - as you enter the park and head immediately left, just in front of the lockers there is a newer looking circle of concrete where it looks like something used to be. I don't recall anything ever being out in front of the lockers like that so if you could put a pic up for people to see what I'm talking about that would be great thanks.

It used to be a garden bed, it was ripped out so they could have sufficient room for the new ticketing and entry turnstiles.

The Village parks have the same style of map on their websites, if you compare the two styles they have you'll understand what's crap about the Dreamworld one. For me, the best explanation is that the type of map Dreamworld uses makes the park look like a bland, sterile, uninviting place, where as the in park village maps are more cartoony and make the park look more 'alive'. The village maps are just more fun to look at and study. This says nothing of the quality of the park. Personally, I think the reason the public likes the park is because they judge it for what it is; a big park with lots of rides, where as we judge it for what it could be; a big park with lots of rides and a 'magical' feel to it.

Edited by joz

On an different tangent...

I see today that DW has a new pass available for a limited time - 30 days of unlimited access to DW, WWW and Skypoint for $30.

March must be a quiet month for them historically

It's a smart play I reckon.

We (and a few thousand others) recently bought a accommodation voucher at Seaworld result through a Deals website that we are using in March and I bet lots of others are as well as there were limited dates,

Comes with admission to the three WB parks but for $30 you would consider going to DW even just for a day.

I bet that is the market they are after.

Re: turbines, see:

1. cyclone queue
  2. ToTII queue
  3. TOTII ride experience (in front of you before launch)
  4. TOTII exterior theming (tunnel exit near GD0
  5. Shockwave exterior theming
  6. Any i missed?

No that pretty much covered it. Can't say I saw any others. On a similar note saw maintenance workers (4) standing looking at Shockwave for about 5 minutes before turning and looking at The Claw for 5 minutes... I think I heard one of them say "I think the additional turbines would look better with The Claw if we rip out the old Kingswood, that way it will match in with the new gondola theme on Wipeout."

Yes really! I've always been a bit of a chicken but now my kids are getting older I have vowed to join them on rides. So far they haven't been tall enough for the TOT.

Well I was about 9 or 10. Last time I went to dreamworld. (I'm 16 now). I was told by my mum "if you two go back on that ride again (runaway Reptar) you have to go on that!" And she pointed to TOT. So well... Me and my sister when on RR again and then lined up on TOT. (This was before TOT2). I was so scared. Especially hearing the noise of the car rumbling rumbling down the tracks, and your standing behind a large door which you can't see through or over, then it opens and you see an empty car. The spikes on the front of the car looked intimidating. But after the ride I wanted to go again. It was so fun. I loved it. I'd recommend riding it. You will love it! I haven't tried the new version of TOT yet but I honestly don't see too much of a difference except for the car facing the opposite direction. Is there a difference? I will be going back to the GC soon, just as soon as by little brother gets older to enjoy some rides. He is 1. So give it about 2-3 years. And hopefully there will be some new rides to enjoy. Next ride is the giant drop. :)