Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the level of detail, Noxegon. Good point about the 10 abreast seating on the plane - like no one would notice.

You must have had the expensive menu at AW. Their standard burger isn't too costly, plus as a season member I get 20% off, which helps. I'm looking forward to your next reports.

^ With planes they measure seats on pitch and seat width. Emirates somehow thinks that people won't notice that they have 10 abreast seating in the economy class of a 777 whilst other airlines, like Singapore Airlines, have nine abreast (which is fairly standard).

Noxegon's point is people are getting bigger, not smaller, and over such a long distance it's pretty uncomfortable to fly in a narrower seat. Emirates always gets good press in Australia, but the travel reporters never really mention that fact.

And Noxegon - good job on the Uluru report. That's some car hire bill.

Edited by iwerks

I wrote up my Adventure World trip report on my flight home. Here it is:

http://www.bannister.org/coasters/trips/2015/0209.htm

Noxegon

Great detail in this report. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to you we have checked the speed of the chair lift and found for some reason it was operating on its slowest setting for a while there! it is now fixed and running 3 times faster!

I have passed on your comments about the food. Generally you will have found Perth food and drinks prices are a bit pricey and unfortunately due to the resources boom, inflation in that area has been quite sharp in a typical supply/demand response. That means our cost base for purchasing food and beverage produce has also gone up quite sharply. In contrast our retail prices have averaged around 1% increase per annum for the past 3 years as we attempted to provide better value to our guests whilst also raising the bar in terms of quality. Generally speaking we are in line with the Perth high street. Its a work in progress though and we continue to try and leverage volume growth with suppliers to bring unit costs down and then pass this on to our guests.

Thanks again for the great report and have a great weekend everyone.

Mark

There is now a sign up near the aqua 6 racer mentioning the all new world record breaking water attraction coming late september 2015

it has a green lizard/snake eye on it.

Didn't have my camera on me , sorry.

Not sure how long the sign has been there as i haven't been to AW for about 2 weeks.

PS - Abyss was running very smoothly today, such a bloody good roller coaster

PPS - Fast Passes got good use today, though they weren't as 'fast' as normal - seemed to have been an instruction to staff to let more people through the normal queues before letting fast pass riders through - found this to be the case on water mountain, shotgun and abyss today. go karts was 'fast' (though karts were slow...lol)

PPPS - I find food prices at AW to be fine, though i work in the CBD so am used to being gouged for food.

PPPPS - How was the salad for lunch Mark? */end creepy stalker*

Hi Mark,

Thanks to you we have checked the speed of the chair lift and found for some reason it was operating on its slowest setting for a while there! it is now fixed and running 3 times faster!

I have passed on your comments about the food. Generally you will have found Perth food and drinks prices are a bit pricey and unfortunately due to the resources boom, inflation in that area has been quite sharp in a typical supply/demand response. That means our cost base for purchasing food and beverage produce has also gone up quite sharply. In contrast our retail prices have averaged around 1% increase per annum for the past 3 years as we attempted to provide better value to our guests whilst also raising the bar in terms of quality. Generally speaking we are in line with the Perth high street. Its a work in progress though and we continue to try and leverage volume growth with suppliers to bring unit costs down and then pass this on to our guests.

Good to hear about the Sky Ride. It'd be a shame to have too many people reach retirement age while on board :-)

As for the pricing, if you're in line with the high street then I guess that's fair enough. I've got to admit that Australia in general was a lot more expensive than I remembered, Perth especially so.

Have a good weekend.

There is now a sign up near the aqua 6 racer mentioning the all new world record breaking water attraction coming late september 2015

it has a green lizard/snake eye on it.

Didn't have my camera on me , sorry.

Not sure how long the sign has been there as i haven't been to AW for about 2 weeks.

PS - Abyss was running very smoothly today, such a bloody good roller coaster

PPS - Fast Passes got good use today, though they weren't as 'fast' as normal - seemed to have been an instruction to staff to let more people through the normal queues before letting fast pass riders through - found this to be the case on water mountain, shotgun and abyss today. go karts was 'fast' (though karts were slow...lol)

PPPS - I find food prices at AW to be fine, though i work in the CBD so am used to being gouged for food.

PPPPS - How was the salad for lunch Mark? */end creepy stalker*

Will be popping into the park on the weekend and will grab a picture of the sign. Thanks for the heads up - grrofunger.

ah ok , sorry didn't realise.

Im glad outback splash is getting that, hoping for something much better for AW

re: hydrolift/flume - could be possible - the sign does say 'water attraction' not 'water slide'

Yeah, I'm hoping for something better too. They're vague enough with their description, so it could be pretty much anything. There's quite a bit of land at that back corner of the park. Once they build on it, it's gone. Obviously, if the ride's a world beater then it's going to take up a bit of space. I just think the park really needs a flume ride: most other parks its size have one. Flume and raft rides are a great family attraction and are some of the most popular rides on the Gold Coast. I also think AW needs something for the seniors as they pretty much give that gate away. Get something that engages the whole family and you will be on a winner.

In other news.. from their Facebook page.

Buy your Aqua Cash online before 5pm Sunday 29 Feb to be in the running to WIN this great 2 NIGHT BREAK with thanks to Seashells Hospitality Group

Um.. which year?

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide