Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could theme that whole area right down to bounty's revenge as pirate/sea/seacreature etc- , wouldn't take much either.

the speed slides (another coat of paint and a creature at the top or the bottom in the pool)

the aqua 6 racer (another creature on the ride somewhere)

the shotgun (which kinda looks like a squid from above on near map) - (paint it? rename it)

the new slide,

the paddle boats,

the bump boats

koi pond ......... all these 3 pond areas could have some kind of signage, masts, replant, the boats themselves with some pirate flags or similar on them

Bountys revenge - already pirate themed

build something on the old castle site that fits in with the theme also ( a giant mast with flags?)

only thing is the go karts are then kind of out of place and tacked on to the side of a themed land which wouldn't make much sense.

also its a huge chunk of the park to dedicate to one theme although i think all those attractions could definitely tie in to the theme.

oh and pump this music somewhere

Sounds like you got it sorted, grrofunger.

Welcome back Reckless Loony - we've missed you. Indeed the blue mats are identical to those used in the Proslide racers.

I don't believe it. If this is the truth Gazza has almost done it again. From the Water Park for Perth thread:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

^It appears so. Going by google earth the current entrance is above the "d" in Waterslide Playground.
Don't really get the motivation for sticking it over there. Maybe in the future it will end up being fairly centrally located, once all the other land is filled in and perhaps the car park will expand to the right?

I'm wondering what the reason for a 6 lane racer is. Adventure World already has one, and they could at least make it an octopus racer/ kraken racer or something to set it apart.

Also, this place is in the middle of nowhere. Comparable to how far Funfields is from the Melbourne CBD.

another 6 lane racer is a little bit disappointing to be honest (if thats what it is) even if it will be the tallest/longest/somethingest in the world

hopefully it has a big tunnel section with some big dips and bends and less 'racing' hilly section

the pro is it can churn through the riders more quickly than a 2 or 4 man tube ride

it will cannibalise the aqua 6 racer and make it a pretty tame poor cousin in comparison though

(don't get me wrong though - still bloody good to have another ride)

Edited by grrofunger

It's very possible AW could get a Kraken - I think there are definite pros and cons to this. It'll fit a lot of people, but it won't be as different as having a bowl (and Perth is crying out for one). I think they should reinstall the little monorail that they used to have - it's going to be a long way from the bottom to the top.

People who don't like racer type rides aren't going to be happy about another attraction they won't use.

Do you think the stakes marked out on the ground actually stand for anything (like where infrastructure is going) or is it more to do with elevation?

post-2597-0-57269300-1426086368_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-38609600-1426086470_thumb.jp

Was in Perth last week on holiday and went to AW for the first time. Really really enjoyed the park and I would rate it as the 3rd best park in Australia (that i've been to) behind only MW and DW.

Can echo the statements of the head banging on Abyss which did give me a headache after awhile but as mentioned the G forces it produces lends itself to things like that happening but still is a fantastic ride.

The Rampage was pretty insane as was expecting it to be more Wipeout style but felt much more intense and led to a spew from a fellow rider lol although those shoulder restraints are pretty damn uncomfortable and led to a bit of brusing on my shoulders but didn't stop me riding it a few times haha.

All the other rides were open and running and were all enjoyable as was the water slides which while basic were super fun and barely any wait times on everything. Although the single tube slide (I forget the name) was a bit of a let down as much slower than expected and way too many places to get stuck/slow down and needing the person behind to push you along again.

The staff as mentioned by everyone was beyond awesome. Literally the greatest staff I've seen in not only a theme park but in pretty much any retail setting i've seen and having worked in retail for nearly 15 years i've seen some good and bad staff. Massive thumbs up on them.

Overall I really enjoyed AW and highly recommend it to anyone going to Perth and when I next vist Perth again, it will definately be a part of all future plans.

Edited by DWP

Yeah, credit where credit is due. That old photo was taken in 1982 just before the park opened. Boans, our local department store before the evil empire that is Myer took over, treated their staff to a visit to Adventure World.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.505068999564159.1073741848.483374281733631&type=3

I love how much greener the park is now, however I did appreciate the original alpine look of the buildings. I first visited the park in 1984, so it was a bit greener then, but the trees and shrubs were still pretty small. And if anyone has a clip of that 1980s ad, 'Adventure World - they made it just for fun' please post it.

Lost Perth is another great site for pics of early Perth theme parks. There was a great one of 'Atlantis', our former marine life park, posted just five hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/LostPerth

Another thing not a lot of people know is that Adventure World's tram ride started from underneath the main entry way to the park. The original tractor 'The San Miguel Express' that pulled the tram now lives in Adventure World's scrapyard at the back of the park, just over the fence from the trees with little homes in them.

Edited by iwerks

And if anyone has a clip of that 1980s ad, 'Adventure World - they made it just for fun' please post it.

From past experience, I think your best bet might actually be with Mark. Parks usually keep a lot of their 'archive' stuff squirrelled away - nobody really takes much notice of it though, until the park closes down...

On my 'after closure' trip to Wonderland, we found many items that pre-dated the park opening, and countless VHS (and Betamax) cassettes with old commercials, soundtracks and all sorts of things.

Perhaps that's something we could hint at Mark... perhaps even a weekly 'archive' post on AW's facebook page or similar? I know how many people are nostalgic about Wonderland, and fond memories of going there growing up (I can point to the facebook pages groups to say they're in their tens of thousands), to know that many people would love a 'blast from the past' similar to the photos posted above... perhaps even a 'then and now' post would be AWesome...

From past experience, I think your best bet might actually be with Mark. Parks usually keep a lot of their 'archive' stuff squirrelled away - nobody really takes much notice of it though, until the park closes down...

On my 'after closure' trip to Wonderland, we found many items that pre-dated the park opening, and countless VHS (and Betamax) cassettes with old commercials, soundtracks and all sorts of things.

Perhaps that's something we could hint at Mark... perhaps even a weekly 'archive' post on AW's facebook page or similar? I know how many people are nostalgic about Wonderland, and fond memories of going there growing up (I can point to the facebook pages groups to say they're in their tens of thousands), to know that many people would love a 'blast from the past' similar to the photos posted above... perhaps even a 'then and now' post would be AWesome...

Hi all. We do have a huge archive of photo's, some videos, files, signs, etc. I have in mind one day a small walk through museum on site but we shall see how that plays out. I think it is a great idea to share a dollop of nostalgia with our Facebook community so have already passed this on to our marketing team to look at. watch this space. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark

I knew the Trams came from under the entrance. but I would love to see/ learn what it there now. Mark would you be able to shed light into this?

Thanks Tim

Trolls. mostly storage. And trolls for night time security.

Was in Perth last week on holiday and went to AW for the first time. Really really enjoyed the park and I would rate it as the 3rd best park in Australia (that i've been to) behind only MW and DW.

Can echo the statements of the head banging on Abyss which did give me a headache after awhile but as mentioned the G forces it produces lends itself to things like that happening but still is a fantastic ride.

The Rampage was pretty insane as was expecting it to be more Wipeout style but felt much more intense and led to a spew from a fellow rider lol although those shoulder restraints are pretty damn uncomfortable and led to a bit of brusing on my shoulders but didn't stop me riding it a few times haha.

All the other rides were open and running and were all enjoyable as was the water slides which while basic were super fun and barely any wait times on everything. Although the single tube slide (I forget the name) was a bit of a let down as much slower than expected and way too many places to get stuck/slow down and needing the person behind to push you along again.

The staff as mentioned by everyone was beyond awesome. Literally the greatest staff I've seen in not only a theme park but in pretty much any retail setting i've seen and having worked in retail for nearly 15 years i've seen some good and bad staff. Massive thumbs up on them.

Overall I really enjoyed AW and highly recommend it to anyone going to Perth and when I next vist Perth again, it will definately be a part of all future plans.

Wow, thanks for the terrific feedback. It is very much appreciated. I will pass it on to the full team. 3rd is excellent. For now. ;)

I think it is a great idea to share a dollop of nostalgia with our Facebook community so have already passed this on to our marketing team to look at. watch this space. Thanks for the suggestions.

You're welcome.

Trolls. mostly storage. And trolls for night time security.

LOL!!! Once again - proof that park management and enthusiast groups can co-exist, and share a sense of humor. This is the sort of relationship we need with other parks...

3rd is excellent. For now. ;)

I like the sound of where this is going...

My pleasure Mark as was very happy to pass on how enjoyable I found your park and again I find it incredible that the actual CEO of a park is here and responding to guests/customers which is pretty much unheard of in corporate Australia.

After my trip to MW this week and it's falling standard it won't be long before AW moves up a spot haha and will force me to make the long and costly trip across to Perth from Sydney more often ?

My pleasure Mark as was very happy to pass on how enjoyable I found your park and again I find it incredible that the actual CEO of a park is here and responding to guests/customers which is pretty much unheard of in corporate Australia.

After my trip to MW this week and it's falling standard it won't be long before AW moves up a spot haha and will force me to make the long and costly trip across to Perth from Sydney more often

we will look forward to your return!

Update on MI2

Currently on schedule for late September/early October.

Slightly over budget, probably closer to $6m just now.

Theming designs look AWesome and I am confident we will pull them off.

steel columns arriving in the next 3 weeks probably

Team excited to get going on it and deliver a world class attraction.

The world's steepest and longest................. ????

There is a possibility of invites to the VIP launch being extended to the current topic community.

I will make announcements here a few hrs before any media releases and will give you all a heads up a week in advance.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide