Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Hi Noxegon,

I stand corrected. At the time, I remember the Sun newspaper running an article saying the Black Hole was going to Brazil and mocking their H&S. Perhaps they were confusing the yellow & blue football kits. It was a good ride though.

Going back to the original topic of the new attraction, I noticed that the hill on which Rocky Rapids, Mats & Tunnel of terror is called Water Mountain. Will or should the hill for the new flume (which is bigger) have a name. Mount Gushmore (Wdw) and Mount Splashmore (Simpsons) are taken. Mount Meharry is the highest mountain in WA. I'm sure if a link could be squeezed in, it might give it a distinctly Australian feel. Mount MeHydro or Mount MeSplashy. Maybe a copy of Mount Rushmore at the top with casts of 4 famous Australians for a photo opportunity. Kylie, Dame Edna, Ned Kelly & Thorpedo. The latter is obviously open for discussion.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in Adventure World since my last visit in March 2008. I'm guessing it'll feel like a completely new park :)

It's not like you're not going to recognise the place. They've added some nice attractions since then.

I think the biggest difference is the attitude adjustment thanks to Mark and his training people. They're making the most of what they've got at the park. The kids who work there are super friendly and are trying their best to deliver great service. There's always one team member you meet who everyone remembers.

Noxegon, love your websites. How long are you visiting for?

What was your reaction to the GD? I saw a few people pike out at the last minute when I went on it. It's quite the view.

Actually saw the ocean on Freefall last time I went on it.

Noxegon - any of the next couple of Mondays could be good, although I am paying the Gold Coast a visit too, shortly.

I was dragged onto GD, and ended up having fun.

Turbo Mountain! I once rode that 8 times in a row. I had to get off because I was getting dizzy. I think I've ridden Abyss about four times in a row, unfortunately they make you go up and down the stairs. You'll really like Abyss, Noxegon. It's more than an apt replacement for TM.

I enjoyed your description of Dragon Express - very diplomatic.

According to Adventure World's Facebook page, it looks like they have reintroduced a Wildlife show for the school holidays. I think this is a great idea, as I do appreciate the keeper talks when I'm there for them. It's good to see AW upping the ante when it comes to shows and other things for people to do once they've had their fill of rides and slides. I think it would be really good for AW to renovate their entire wildlife area, above and beyond the new signs they've put in there this season.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide