Movieworld trip report

Santa07

Even during at the beginning of the SH? My family and I were intending to avoid them as much as possible over the next few weeks. Very surprised to hear of 15 minute waits for Superman Escape on the opening weekend of QLD school holidays, especially given last weekend it was easily a 1hr wait. Then again, they only had one train running at the time :/

I'd still expect it to be a lot busier with queues and delays though, given its peak period for all the parks atm...

What were the queues for the other rides like? Scooby? Arkham (assuming its reopened now from annual maintenance) etc?

I don't know what it was, but while the park was busy all the staff were on duty and handled it well. As for queue times yesterday..

Superman: 15+

Scooby Doo: 30-45

Wild West Falls: 15

Justice League: 15+

Batwing: 30 (Single was 10)

Arkham: Didn't see.

Went to MW this morning and as mentioned all affects are working on all rides. The only thing that was a little off was the timing on JL. And at some points the video would play to late so you didn't get a chance to shoot the screen. Some of the effects I didn't even know where there, such as the barking dog.

The park was pretty busy today. These were the queue times at 12.

SE: 1hr

AA: 2hr

BW: 1hr

JL: 1.5hr

SDSC: 1.5hr

WWF: 15 min

Ahh bugger. We were bored at home and decided to park hop after reading that other post. Having lunch across the road atm and about to head to MW. Sounds like it wasn't such a good idea afterall ???

Funnily enough we spent the morning at DW and it wasn't overly busy there. More like a regular Sunday than a school holiday ?

Well we are home from a couple of hours at MW, and yeah, holy heck it was a bit busy. In the entire time we were there we only got to see Rio 4D (something we hadn't done previously, seemed as good a time as any lol) and the parade. Seriously, the queue lines were crazy. Even the ones for the kiddy rides... the Pounce N Bounce line was all the way back to the big tree, and the one for Road Runner RC snaked all the way around to its observation area :blink: We didn't even bother going in there to see the rest, seemed like a waste of time lol.

We were hoping to at least go on JL on the way out of the park post-parade, but yeah, given the wait was all the way out to the outside queue area, we changed our minds pretty quick. The wait for Scooby Doo was insane, well over 60 minutes. At the time we walked past (about 2pm) it came out of the side of the castle and spilled onto the main road, as you can see in my pic below. The girl wearing grey and black between the two women in stripy tops is near the end of the line :wacko:

11667364_580066008802406_913860400214578

Kinda wish we'd stayed at Dreamworld for the rest of the day now, given it was a lot less crowded there and queue lines were nowhere near as long/bad <_<

Edited by OceanGirl

I know that Scooby already has a pretty high capacity, but I wonder if there is anyway to improve it even further so that scenarios like that aren't even a possibility. Just a thought.

Strangely enough though, it was Movieworld's fault that the line was spilling out onto the road. They had most of the outdoor queue area roped off. No idea what it was like on the inside of the castle, didn't get that far... tried to walk in through the main doorway, only to be told that I had to go join the back of the outdoor line (which I didn't realise was actually a line for the ride at the time) :blink:

image.thumb.jpg.afee81a2fd0caead1aa16509

Edited by OceanGirl

Pure baseless speculation, but I feel like the indoor queueline may have a capped capacity on number of persons permitted inside vs. number of emergency exits... doubling the queueline length by halving the width won't really help if that is a problem...

just remember - what you've just read is baseless speculation...