Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

Certainly another awesome job by DW. Can't wait till its completely completed and can't wait till they reverb another area of the park.

2 years ago the park was looking quite run down and in need of TLC but now things can't get much, ABC kids world, ice-cream parlour, Tiger Island, Brocks Garage, Blue Lagoon fenced off for construction. 

OK, I'm just going to write the update here because I'm confused which thread is which for Dreamworld now.

Tiger Island: The injured lady is making a good recovery and Dreamworld are looking into the surface to see if it can be improved in any way, so expect to see some minor changes there. The area is set for completion by the end of November 2016. 

Wanda: The rumours which popped up and were inflamed by the posting of the photo of Kenny & Belinda on the great wall of China are allegedly just that, rumours. (I say allegedly as you can never be too sure :P). They were there on their annual promo tour. They also visit India, Korea, Malaysia and the Middle East, they figured the shot was better than a boring expo hall. 

DW vs MW: "It's interesting that the group always puts us up against MovieWorld and them against as, as copying each other, but the reality is that there are global Themepark trends that we are always both going to have versions of and then find our own directions."

Virtual Reality & the perceived secrecy around DW's happenings: "Well there are reasons for that but it can go either way. MW teased and then had trouble with the tech and it was red/green for a while. We were having the same troubles as it is new tech for us to have match the coaster. We send a few people OS to get some tips since we were doing in house development and waited until we were sure of the tech before saying we would have it. We are sure of the tech but now testing the impact in ride cycles etc. MW got more coverage by going out there which is great and has given us that "you copied" thing, but they will also need to manage the "you said you would etc ect and then you didn't" which can be hard when you are working so hard to get something done. Same desires and same great intention for their guests with a different approach." 

They are considering the options as far as the cost of VR goes, including the possibility of including it in the "Gold" Ride Express and/or a per-use charge. 

On 19/09/2016 at 4:59 PM, YLFATEEKS said:

Down at the beach this morning.

14390712_166272293814735_5625417771972272372_n.jpgfgfgfgh.jpg

Amazing that they did that. The chain has been shopped out of the pics. Front-on pic easiest to see, look at the reflection in the wet sand at bottom right, the chain is still visible. I wonder if they've done this with other cubs before?

On 18/09/2016 at 5:40 PM, ThemeTendo said:

Blue Lagoon is no longer visible... is this just a means for hiding the past or the future?

DSCN4734 (1280x960).jpg

On 20/09/2016 at 9:13 PM, Ashley said:

2 years ago the park was looking quite run down and in need of TLC but now things can't get much, ABC kids world, ice-cream parlour, Tiger Island, Brocks Garage, Blue Lagoon fenced off for construction. 

Like I said in another topic, I think it is highly unlikely that they are doing any construction around the former Blue Lagoon area or hiding the past. It is also impossible to hide the future :P I think I saw somewhere recently an aerial image of the former Blue Lagoon area with heaps of cars parked in there so I think it is now a staff car park and that's the last thing Dreamworld Express riders want to see.

On 20/09/2016 at 10:34 PM, reanimated35 said:

I'm sure photoshop has been used in other tiger photos before, yes. 

*Golf clap*

On 21/09/2016 at 10:10 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

Like I said in another topic, I think it is highly unlikely that they are doing any construction around the former Blue Lagoon area or hiding the past. It is also impossible to hide the future :P I think I saw somewhere recently an aerial image of the former Blue Lagoon area with heaps of cars parked in there so I think it is now a staff car park and that's the last thing Dreamworld Express riders want to see.

...won't always be a carpark. Remember that the township has to link into the park at either Big Brother or Vintage Cars.

Edited by Glubbo

I'm assuming the "township" refers to that Westfield development? If so, I still don't think the fence around the former Blue Lagoon area means construction. If they were to construct a link near Dreamworld Studios, they would need to close Dreamworld Express to build either a bridge over or a tunnel under the tracks.

Just visited and the stadium was completely full which was great to see. A few changes can be seen since the last update, including painting of the rock faces, ceiling of the cafe completed, covering over some of the brick walls, and the far side continues progress. One of the keepers said that along with what has been stated for stage 2, a range of cameras throughout the enclosure, including on the top of the climbing post and underwater, will be installed and show footage on the big screen. Patrick is heading over to Cambodia in a few weeks to get some footage for the show and provide conservation. 

IMG_4654.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4662.JPG

IMG_4663.JPGIMG_4668.JPG

48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Was at Dreamworld for my birthday on Saturday and on the entrance rocks to Tiger Island are waterfalls either side of the path.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of them as I accidently lost my phone at DW before I could take the any pics. 

Two photos, plus a link to my live Tiger Island walkthrough from today... what would you guys do without me, eh? ?? (yeahhhhhhh, don't answer that ?) 

20161011_192016.jpg

20161011_192028.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1999695276923845&id=1908665459360161

36 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Dreamworld are currently not offering platinum nor happiness word passes at the moment.

Anyone know why ?

they have taken them offline, I would say they will return in the future just like what VRTP did with their membership program 

seeing that no-one has mentioned this yet the Screamworld Halloween events will have Just Dance 2017 playing, Silent Cinema, Silent Disco, Kevil Hill, Tiger Cubs till 6pm, sounds like it's going to be two really good nights they have planned