New resort near Dreamworld

Zanstabar

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Anyone know if an answer for building this resort has come any closer to a yes or a no yet.

The article in the OP links to the application. Nothing seems to have changed at a quick glance. 

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=228855#

It says so right on the application:

Decision

APPROVED (29/10/2015) - DELEGATED AUTH DECISION

So that's a yes.

(I realise the real question is whether VRTP is going ahead with the development, but really, the first indications we'll have for that will be survey pegs and bulldozers....)

13 minutes ago, AlexB said:

APPROVED (29/10/2015)

I don't get how it works though, it was lodged as an already approved application? Was that because it was done by a private certifier so this was merely a formality? 

Application Number: BLD201513123
Description: NEW DWELLING
Code: BUILDING
Class: HOUSE
Work: CONSTRUCT
Lodged: 30/10/2015

This is the application number you are looking for (MCU201600219)

This was lodged on 01/02/2016 to G.C.C.C.   Something this size will take between 6 to 12 months to get an approval.  Things to flag is this is only a PRELIMINARY APPROVAL.  Meaning 1 of many to come.  It’s also an IMPACT approval which means a lot of departments will be involved slowing down the approval.  I pulled out a few of concept plans if you want to have a look at.

.56d3c9041d6b1_Master1.thumb.JPG.95ede93e

56d3c90b5a5de_Master2.thumb.JPG.db011c2056d3c92039390_Master3.thumb.JPG.a8328f4d

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Only more uglier and more out of place.

Do you even know what is going on around Coomera at the moment?  One of my clients owns all of the shops along that street.  He gets calls all the time from developers wanting to buy his land and some of them are offering crazy money.

There has been so many development companies sitting on their hands waiting for the Coomera Town Centre to go ahead.  All the land around DW has be purchased many years ago and all the plans are in place.  No one has made a move because everyone was waiting for the Town Centre to go ahead.  That whole area either side of DW is going to boom.

^lol. I see what he's saying - there is parking indicated on the concept art, and there is only about 25 spots marked out.

I haven't looked at the ACTUAL plans, but the concept doesn't appear to show a ramp or any other suggestion that there is underground parking - although I would assume like most highrises, there would be.

This is the boom i'm talking about.

— COOMERA TOWN CENTRE:

A $1 billion major retail precinct under construction.

— VILLAWOOD RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT

A $500 million residential project adjacent to town centre at Helensvale. Approved by council, it will feature 2500 homes.

— COOMERA MARINE PRECINCT

$500 million marine precinct and office complex approved by council in 2015.

STOCKLAND’S WATERWAYS DOWN PROJECT

747-house residential development approved by the council this year. Will be built from 2018.

— COOMERA INTEGRATED RESORT

Three-tower project planned for land next to Dreamworld. Will feature 12-storey hotel and two residential towers of 22 and 27 storeys.

— RETIREMENT VILLAGE/MARINE PRECINCT

Recently filed Coomera project that will feature more than 260 residential units, a marine industry precinct and berths.

— MOVIE WORLD HOTEL TOWER

Mysterious nine-storey development planned for the Oxenford theme park.

Deputy Mayor Donna Gates said she was aware council discussions on several sites for a future new theme park were starting