Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

Yeah. They had a bit of an opening parade thing where the skull float came out, and a few dancers. Then they had both ribbon and hoop aerial stunts, about 3 different ones. I think they had someone singing on the stage too before the parade (not the X Factor people) with dancers, but I can't remember very well. 

I went on Saturday night. Ate way too much of the Millionaire's bacon, it was 2 slices for $6 and 4 for $10 - 2 slices was enough. Also did the Po Boy which was just okay, the Clam Chowder which was good, and key lime pie from the bakery.

Thought the entertainment was fun, they parade had really great colour and energy. They had a meet and greet early for the Sony artist - I've never heard a bar of Dami M's music so I wasn't in for that. Got the express pass for the rides - which was certainly advisable if you wanted to ride. Superman wasn't open during the day either. I'm no expert, but it appeared the launch cable wasn't there.

Good event, though it did get a bit congested in the main stage area. They probably could have moved the food places somewhere less restrictive, but maybe people would miss the stalls if they were a bit out of the way. Even though we parked on the edge of the parking lot, it did take us a while to get out.    

2 hours ago, downunder said:

Superman wasn't open during the day either. I'm no expert, but it appeared the launch cable wasn't there.  

It's closed for annual maint til early May I think. 

Good event, though it did get a bit congested in the main stage area. They probably could have moved the food places somewhere less restrictive, but maybe people would miss the stalls if they were a bit out of the way. 

I thought the same thing, but I don't really think there's anywhere else to put them. 

Cheers for the pricing too. 

TBH, I feel like the food stalls would be better placed over in WB Kids. I'm unsure whether WBK is open during carnivale - and if it isn't, it makes the area useful. If it is, then parents can taste delights whilst the kiddies have a ride. WBK has always lacked the lighting required for a safe nighttime atmosphere though - they'd have to improve it - this would take some of the choke out of main street, whilst still keeping the food close enough to most of the entertainment.

Naturally, the reason the food is where it is is because that gives them all weather usage - with the roof overhead, and this is probably why it is there.

TBH I'd love to see them extend the roof out towards WBK a bit more - even if it weren't as high, and install an awesome light package across the entire kids area to really light it up. Some of my best park memories as a kid was going through Hanna Barbera Land in Wonderland at night - and despite the 1980's incandescent cavalcade of boring white light, the movement of the rides made it magical. These days with low voltage LED, it shouldn't be hard to achieve something amazingly better for a fraction of the cost (installation or running).

WBK is open on Carnivale and is packed, can't see where you would get all those stalls in that area unless in the walkway between WBK and the big screen. The issue then would be people queuing across the walkway making it a nightmare.

as you mentioned, wet weather safety would be a primary reason why it won't be moved, availability of power outlets could also be a factor, as well as closeness to the kitchen facilities/food storage areas

With the number of them and the space to work in, unless they closed the kids area's rides, they would have no chance of fitting them all in. Only real option I could think of other than where they are now, is over near WWF, however with the construction and the floats parked there, there's not much room left. 

I don't think it's just the weather. The whole atmosphere is meant to be crowded. People everywhere, sights, smells and sounds. The bustling plaza with all its food offering and hoards of people is all part of the vibe in my opinion. 

If it was quiet and empty wouldn't feel the same. 

This is one event where I feel busy is better. 

I think just spread the stalls out all over the park. Some down towards Scooby and Intensity, Some around the fountain and some down toward Kids WB. That would make the crowd more dispersed over the whole park rather than a majority of guest right in the Plaza/Creole Food Quarter. Also they should open up Ricks just as more seating.

So I decided to lash out this time round and get the Southern Sampler lol. It will just be me and the kids attending this Sat nite (hubby is working again :rolleyes:) so there is no point in getting the Seafood boil up, since you need to pay for a minimum two people. From what I gather it will work in my favour, since I won't have to fiddle around so much with $$ on the spot, and also I think it works out cheaper than buying 3 food items on the night? Either way, I am sure the kids will help me eat them all if I don't :lol:

Any recommendations, other than the bacon (which I intend to buy separately)? :P I had the soft shelled crab Po Boys baguette last time round, which was yummy but also a bit hard to eat. So would like to know what the best offerings are to use my sampler with :)

Edited by Theme Park Girl

^In my opinion, only get stuff that is $10 or more so you get your money's worth. I thought the clam chowder was good (though I note the stand was identified as the corn cobb stand last Sat night) - it's a large hollowed out bread bun with the chowder inside. The southern chicken was one I wanted to try but I didn't get to it.

Edited by downunder

On 24/04/2016 at 10:46 AM, reanimated35 said:

I'm slightly concerned to learn that the circus performers wont be back next week (the ones who did the show just before the parade). I'm hoping MW gets someone in to fill that slot, whether it be getting them back or getting someone else in instead, but otherwise that's going to be a lot of boring standing around waiting for the parade with nothing to keep you entertained.

If it's the Big Top mob you're referring to, they have just confirmed that they will be continuing to perform until the end of May ☺

Screenshot_2016-04-29-15-20-52.png

6 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

If it's the Big Top mob you're referring to, they have just confirmed that they will be continuing to perform until the end of May ☺

Nah it was was the group who did the performance under the main screen just before the parade. Spoke to a different member of the group who confirmed they will be back for the 14th of May show but otherwise will be doing roving entertainment every other night. 

IMG_6186.jpg

Edited by reanimated35