Dear Dreamworld- A Review (Attraction Pass)

jarvo_325

Having seen the edited video, I agree with everything AlexB says. If you are, or are caring for, a person with disabilities, you unfortunately need to accept that there are things you may not be able to participate in without adaptations. Had the family checked online, as AlexB says, they would have found the section regarding disabled visitors.

Rainbows End in Auckland is mentioned a fair few times - they themselves seem to have a H&S policy which is basically "if your condition could be aggravated by the rides then we won't let you ride them". Which is fair enough, and pretty much what DW and other major parks do. I don't know how this is checked, but DW did check the girl in question and gave her approval for a fair few (admittedly "kiddy") rides. They could have simply said "no, she can't ride anything".

I assume that, as they've said that it was the manufacturers who "set the rules for those rides", they went back in and queried the ride selection. I honestly wonder if she's supposed to be allowed on the Disk-O at Rainbows End...

And if they didn't go back to query the ride selection, well, any sympathy I had (and I did have some) would evaporate.

The only thing I can perhaps think of as being wrong is maybe DW's staff got their hopes up a bit, saying "oh yes, you'll be able to go on all the rides and everything".

As POP said, "first world problems".

I'm trying to read everybody's post but I lost my glasses today so I will read again latter but one thing I did pick up was what AlexB was saying.  Probably because I made out the word Act .  What @AlexB is saying about discrimination is 100% correct.   You can never discriminate against a group if it is for their safety.   The only time in my line of work that I do not have to provide provisions say for a wheelchair to a particular area is when it would be unsafe for a wheelchair to operate in that area.  An example would be a room full of chemicals that someone could not carry while using their arms to move the wheelchair.   

i have watched the edited video and DW did nothing wrong. 

i'm the parent of a disabled child and when i'm going somewhere i scour the website for info. as much as we want to empower disabled people and tell them they can do what they want, we need to be realistic and face the fact that this is not realistic at places like dreamworld.