Movieworld, or rather Comic World?

Louis.sayer3

I wouldn't really want to take any existing rides from Movie World's lineup and retheme it to anything else. Whilst DC does command the lion's share, it's all packed in pretty densely. The only DC ride I think could make such a leap would be Arkham Asylum, as IIRC it's a bit out of the way compared to the other major ones, but then it's a bit far removed anyway for people to notice.

I don't know exactly where this new area will be, but I don't think it's huge. And, to be frank, I don't know what major franchises are upcoming in films and which ones haven't been taken already (see Jurassic World).

Hmm... actually, could an Independence Day area work? Amazingly wishful thinking, but if they could get duelling SLCs (like Duelling Dragons / Dragons Challenge used to do)... maybe put in an ExtraTerrorestrial / Stitch thing if you seriously want to traumatise the kids (how many kids do you think will have sworn never to watch Lilo & Stitch ever again because of that?)... and weren't they doing a third Independence Day (Independence Day - Even More Independent Girl In The City)?

I have no idea whether you are being serious, or are auditioning for the looney tunes..

converting Driving School to Mad Max? Flames shooting out the back of cars?? 

Now you are talking about re-theming Arkham which was only recently rethemed, which is located directly next to Superman, Batwing & JL.. 

Lilo & Stitch is a Disney property. And I have no clue what traumatising you are referring to from that movie... 

How does one make an Independence Day area? Hang a giant ufo from a crane and demolish a building at midday every day? 

6 hours ago, djmcbell said:

The only DC ride I think could make such a leap would be Arkham Asylum, as IIRC it's a bit out of the way compared to the other major ones, but then it's a bit far removed anyway for people to notice.

You know Arkham was a re-theme right?

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Lilo & Stitch is a Disney property. And I have no clue what traumatising you are referring to from that movie... 

Stitch's Great Escape is pretty bad.

1 hour ago, westical said:

Stitch's Great Escape is pretty bad.

Stitch's Great Escape was a retheme from the Alien ExtraTerrestrial Encounter, which I didn't mind, but it really stuck out as inappropriate for the Magic Kingdom.

Maybe they could retheme SuperBatman to humans vs aliens for Independence Day. ?

11 hours ago, westical said:

You know Arkham was a re-theme right?

Yeah, I'd heard it was originally Lethal Weapon. Doesn't mean it can't be themed again, though I'd prefer it not to be.

Brad2912 - most of my ideas were more than a tad tongue-in-cheek. An Independence Day area (with duelling ride) however, was serious, and pretty much the best I could come up with.

BSG is an excellent coaster. Not sure it's what Movieworld needs though.

Im sure they would still have all the survey data from when they re-themed Arkham Assylum, maybe they could build another coaster which ducks and weaves it's way around this.

Just something I noticed last time I was there, but if they extended the unload platform on Green Lantern back further they could operate Load/Unload in the same method as Scooby and Superman. The loose articles box is on the unload side anyway, it might speed things up. My biggest criticism of the park currently is their slow operations

20 minutes ago, iwerks said:

^So dueling coasters like Battlestar Galactica then?

Pretty much (or again, Duelling Dragons / Dragon Challenge, back when they duelled). One side for humans, the other for aliens.

Of course, Movie World would probably paint one side black, one side red, and make "Batman vs Superman: the ride".

I think Mad Max is a missing theme at the park. I'd like to see more LT rides return, the omnimover being one in part of the old river ride buildings. The other being a Rapids, because the park could really use another water ride and have it like the Popeye one at IOA. 

Finally another theme I'd like to see is Lampoon's Vaction, unfortunately the last movie bombed. But a stunt show (with more family appropriate humor) would be a nice change from HWSD. You can still have car stunts since its a car trip but I picture a return to PA like having a character like Rodney back. 

dont get me wrong, I can still enjoy it and I like anythemeing thats done well but just as an overall interest I dont love alot of it. Superman, sure, batman sure. But its just everywhere and feels disjointed now. Rollercoasters in the parking lot. Gotham cafes nowhere near the other batman stuff. and now a new section disjointed again. Id love to see the kids zone get a big makeover.

I see what people mean when it comes to superhero theming - it always seems to be "here's an American city" more or less. IoA, Movieworld, even the bits at Six Flags parks seem to be like that.

Or backlot theming (which, in my opinion, doesn't count).

Basically, it seems Movieworld consists of only 3 bits - a LARGE city area, a western area, and a Looney Tunes area. Whereas other parks (e.g. Disney) have jungles, fantasy, futuristic etc.