Movie World Fright Nights 2016

Has anybody flown interstate for a weekend to experience Fright Nights? Would you say it's worth it? And is one night enough?

I'm seriously considering to make a trip up to the GC this year just for fright nights. I've never been to one, and from past years photos and reviews, it seems to be a really great event.

I know the dates aren't set yet, but can anybody recall the dates it occurred last year?

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Has anybody flown interstate for a weekend to experience Fright Nights? Would you say it's worth it? And is one night enough?

I'm seriously considering to make a trip up to the GC this year just for fright nights. I've never been to one, and from past years photos and reviews, it seems to be a really great event.

I know the dates aren't set yet, but can anybody recall the dates it occurred last year?

I'm 15 and I've only been 3 years in a row so far, but I'm a huge horror fan and I'm truly in love with it, best event of the whole year for me, the atmosphere is amazing, and if I were you, I'd do it 100%, now that I have a job I'm able to go more than once this year, gonna try to go four-ish times, can't wait! :) 

13 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

TPSN is now saying that the building behind WWF is being ultised for FN and the mazes will be spread around the park...

Someone here must have mentioned it because anything that is on here is "offical news" I heard somewhere (probably here) its a catering shed witch makes sense because they pre cook all the steaks for Australian Outback Spectacular in stars so this would be a closer location. 

Hey Guys!! :) My friend mentioned to me about what if a maze was placed in the stunt driver arena. If the soundstages are closed for this year I believe it would be a perfect place to put a maze and with the amount of room it could be a hero maze. What do you guys think and where would you like to see the mazes to be positioned this year :) 

6 minutes ago, micky.d123 said:

Hey Guys!! :) My friend mentioned to me about what if a maze was placed in the stunt driver arena. If the soundstages are closed for this year I believe it would be a perfect place to put a maze and with the amount of room it could be a hero maze. What do you guys think and where would you like to see the mazes to be positioned this year :) 

And are they constructing a roof over the arena? Not running the stunt driver for 3 months while it is constructed, utilised and then pulled down? 

Not gonna happen.

Yeah this had been discussed before, but isn't possible for the exact reasons stated by Brad.

I know someone mentioned that sound stages won't be used this year cos of filming, but I'm sure that was said last year cos of Pirates of the Carribiean, but they did end up getting used. Is there any evidence that the sound stages aren't being used. If they aren't used, I can't imagine where they'd put the new mazes. Scooby-Doo queue area is to small. Dodgems and Sound stage are for last years mazes, and the new building behind WWF doesn't seem big enough for too large mazes.

Cast your minds back, sweet children, to a time of darkness. A time of snakes hanging from ceilings. A time of confusion. A time of not overly great, but not that terrible either, Fright Nights mazes. With some work, we could see mazes return to Chinatown Alley. 

My thoughts of possible locations - whether or not likely, these are possible locations for a maze to be situated. (In no particular order)

Soundstage A (Don't have time to look up their numbers, but the usual ones) 

Soundstage B

Dodgems

Scooby

Showstage

Chinatown Alley

That new shed thing out the back

HWSD arena

The road out the back of the HWSD arena

The maintenance area that was half of the LTRR

The road out the back of the maintenance area that was half of the LTRR

The Ultimate Terror Tour with a tram ride out to the new soundstage which may house a UTT-Only maze/scare zone/show instead of using the kids area like last year. 

14 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

Someone here must have mentioned it because anything that is on here is "offical news" I heard somewhere (probably here) its a catering shed witch makes sense because they pre cook all the steaks for Australian Outback Spectacular in stars so this would be a closer location. 

Really? AOS Steaks are pre-cooked at Stars Cafe? That multimillion dollar shed of magical dreams doesn't have a kitchen capable of catering to the seating it provides, and needs to send food on a round trip to a venue that only ever served light snacks and couldn't possibly handle 500+ steaks..... I don't think so...

I'm pretty sure there is sufficient kitchen space below the stadium seating to accommodate some pretty massive kitchens. Transporting steak across property is a sure fire way to get a shitty steak.

10 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Soundstage A (Don't have time to look up their numbers, but the usual ones) 

Soundstage B

Dodgems

Scooby

Showstage

Chinatown Alley

That new shed thing out the back

HWSD arena

The road out the back of the HWSD arena

The maintenance area that was half of the LTRR

The road out the back of the maintenance area that was half of the LTRR

The Ultimate Terror Tour with a tram ride out to the new soundstage which may house a UTT-Only maze/scare zone/show instead of using the kids area like last year. 

Soundstages aren't possible for reasons as mentioned. Dodgems, Scooby, Showstage, Chinatown Alley, New Shed Thing, and the LTRR maintenance area are all possible, although whether likely is up for discussion - I can't see a terror maze going into a kiddie area - its just going to clash too much during the day.

As for HWSD arena, the road out of the back of HWSD arena, and the road out the back of LTRR - the arena isn't going to get locked out for months just to build a maze as mentioned above. They could though, if the show got the arse and they needed development time to bring a new one (we can only hope). As for the roads - those roads, i believe, are the only roads from BOH around to the southern end of th epark, without using the studio accesses... I recall one night at a FN the Fire Brigade used that road to access Scooby for a fire call, so seriously unlikely they're going to block either of those.

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

Really? AOS Steaks are pre-cooked at Stars Cafe? That multimillion dollar shed of magical dreams doesn't have a kitchen capable of catering to the seating it provides, and needs to send food on a round trip to a venue that only ever served light snacks and couldn't possibly handle 500+ steaks..... I don't think so...

I'm pretty sure there is sufficient kitchen space below the stadium seating to accommodate some pretty massive kitchens. Transporting steak across property is a sure fire way to get a shitty steak.

I'm pretty sure someone in f&b told me something along those lines. I've see a "aos deliverys" sign on the back of stars whiles in back of house on a tvc shoot and also seen chefs with Australian Outback Spectacular badges at the mw bus stop before. 

There is a large commercial kitchen for outback in the rear of the stars cafe building. It was built the same time as outback for that purpose. There isn't the room or demand at outback for the prep cooking that is done there as it is also utilised for other park needs. 

Final cooking/plating etc of all outback meals is done in the custom designed kitchens at the outback spectacular itself. 

Most all of this information is given to you if you experience The Summit vip outback package or go on a school group tour there. It's all pretty common practice in large banquet style cooking. 

1 minute ago, lifeofsamage said:

I'm pretty sure someone in f&b told me something along those lines. I've see a "aos deliverys" sign on the back of stars whiles in back of house on a tvc shoot and also seen chefs with Australian Outback Spectacular badges at the mw bus stop before. 

Don't believe all you hear.... if you even heard it ?!?

receiving deliveries is different to preparing food for an entire auditorium of people. As Alex pointed out, it's a logistical impossibility that it goes down that way.

I saw a guy in Coles yesterday wearing a Woolies uniform, doesn't mean he works at Coles as well 

17 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Don't believe all you hear.... if you even heard it ?!?

receiving deliveries is different to preparing food for an entire auditorium of people. As Alex pointed out, it's a logistical impossibility that it goes down that way.

I saw a guy in Coles yesterday wearing a Woolies uniform, doesn't mean he works at Coles as well 

I like that after I explained how it works that you said it was impossible. 

#facepalm

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Fright Nights 2016