Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

29 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

At a guess, you've got the orientation incorrect and it would more be facing the highway. Which could lead to changes in those pre-existing car parks. I'd also have to guess the pool won't go as it would cost too much in the way of relocating elsewhere in the studio grounds. 

Plus, given the size of the ones overseas, you'd need to flare out one of the ends of it rather than it being a closer-to-exact rectangle.

I can't see them placing the carpark to the west of the range as this makes entrance and egress to entertainment drive more difficult than if it were placed to the east. The range is going to be very visible even across the carpark as the net surrounding the range is extremely high.

Re the flare pretty sure already included it. Actually based the dimensions off those of centres in the US. That is a circa 700 foot long range and a circa 390 foot wide building.

Edited by Bush Beast Forever

When you already have 2 pre-existing carparks made, why bother removing them and making new a one elsewhere? 

To fit in with the coaster, and assuming there's more to this previously mentioned "lakeside precinct", my guess is it will something more like this with one of the carparks being utilised (and probably upgraded in the process): 

Golfguess.jpg

This also lines up more with what was hinted at on a star tour. 

Maybe someone could do the math and see which carpark could hold more cars? If the skinny one gets removed, I'd think maybe TG could be pushed back from the highway though.

Or maybe if that carpark closer to the highway was removed, TG could be flipped the other way so there's more road frontage for advertising (but still with the long side running across the highway). 

I think @reanimated35 map would work pretty well, especially if the building had a massive Top Golf sign facing the road just as you come off the highway. And it does make sense that if they've already got that gravel carpark there, why remove it and build a brand new one in another location, when they can build off this one and make it a proper bitumen one.

46 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

When you already have 2 pre-existing carparks made, why bother removing them and making new a one elsewhere? 

To fit in with the coaster, and assuming there's more to this previously mentioned "lakeside precinct", my guess is it will something more like this with one of the carparks being utilised (and probably upgraded in the process): 

Golfguess.jpg

This also lines up more with what was hinted at on a star tour. 

Maybe someone could do the math and see which carpark could hold more cars? If the skinny one gets removed, I'd think maybe TG could be pushed back from the highway though.

Or maybe if that carpark closer to the highway was removed, TG could be flipped the other way so there's more road frontage for advertising (but still with the long side running across the highway). 

The carpark to the west of your proposed location has already been built on.

Also the construction fence that has been erected to the west of the enclosed area cuts across your proposed TopGolf range.

1 hour ago, Bush Beast Forever said:

Also the construction fence that has been erected to the west of the enclosed area cuts across your proposed TopGolf range.

Well there you go. Probably completely wrong then. Like I said, just a guess, but I just wouldn't think the long side would be parallel to the highway. 

13 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

I'm also just italicising random words now to confuse you.  

I see what you did there! ;)

12 hours ago, Bush Beast Forever said:

Actually the carpark to the west (as can be seen in images from nearmap) had a temporary film set constructed on it

studio stage.png

With absolutely no insider knowledge whatsoever, my prediction is that Reanimated's version of events is correct, and BBF is completely wrong and should probably take the hint.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

Actually the carpark to the west (as can be seen in images from nearmap) had a temporary film set constructed on it

studio stage.png

With absolutely no insider knowledge whatsoever, my prediction is that Reanimated's version of events is correct, and BBF is completely wrong and should probably take the hint.

Fair point re the temporary set. Wrote my comment on a phone so difficult to get great detail as to what that was.

It isn't any skin off my nose which orientation is correct.

Just pointing out that if themagician's map re the construction fences is correct then an east/west orientation of the TopGolf building and range doesn't make much sense (as the western fence cuts right across the range).

Also by my calcs the distance from the eastern edge of the western carpark above is fractionally too short for a TopGolf building + the range to actually fit (at just under 700ft). Building + ranges in the US are about 740 feet so the building would need to be within the eastern part of the carpark to fit. Given I imagine the building will have the longest construction time it doesn't make much sense for them to start construction unless the set has already been moved along already. Has this already happened?

The image with the temporary set was (i believe) for Thor filming, which has already wrapped. the image was taken in September last year, so is several months old.

Nothing says that carpark is staying. If your calculations reveal that the TG range would need to encroach on the carpark to fit in that orientation, maybe thats exactly what they're proposing to do.

Your last sentence would be a little flawed though - if the TG building is to be positioned on the eastern edge of the plot, then the set could remain at the western end until they reached 'landscaping' stage of construction (near completion) as the range wouldn't need much more than grading\levelling, topsoil, irrigation and turfing - the building would take far longer than the range itself, so they could easily keep that area open for quite some time during construction, and only close it when they need to. Likewise if Magicians map re the fences is correct, the western fence would surround the BUILDING site, and it wouldn't matter if it cut across the range at this time as they aren't building the range yet...

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Any ideas what that film set is? It almost looks like a giant poorly constructed half pipe. 

i think all you can see there is like a netting \ webbing hung over the top of the set to cover it from direct sunlight and shadows

19 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Maybe someone could do the math and see which carpark could hold more cars?

I did a rough calculation and think the car park opposite the AOS can fit about 100 more cars (factoring in any future landscaping if it was used for TopGolf) than the one next to the main outdoor tank (200 approx. capacity for that car park), which already has landscaping.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Your last sentence would be a little flawed though - if the TG building is to be positioned on the eastern edge of the plot, then the set could remain at the western end until they reached 'landscaping' stage of construction (near completion) as the range wouldn't need much more than grading\levelling, topsoil, irrigation and turfing - the building would take far longer than the range itself, so they could easily keep that area open for quite some time during construction, and only close it when they need to. Likewise if Magicians map re the fences is correct, the western fence would surround the BUILDING site, and it wouldn't matter if it cut across the range at this time as they aren't building the range yet...

You're correct if the building is on the eastern side. The Edison, New Jersey TopGolf site picture that is currently on google maps clearly shows they build the building first.

My confusion stemmed from reanimated35's schematic having the building on the western side of the plot.

Capture.GIF

5 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I did a rough calculation and think the car park opposite the AOS can fit about 100 more cars (factoring in any future landscaping if it was used for TopGolf) than the one next to the main outdoor tank (200 approx. capacity for that car park), which already has landscaping.

Did you calculate the area of space you will lose for disable parking? 

1 hour ago, Bush Beast Forever said:

You're correct if the building is on the eastern side. The Edison, New Jersey TopGolf site picture that is currently on google maps clearly shows they build the building first.

My confusion stemmed from reanimated35's schematic having the building on the western side of the plot.

Capture.GIF

Reanimated didn't post a schematic - he had some roughly drawn lines, and none of what he posted suggested to me that he intended for the building to be constructed on the western side. I always interpreted what he had said to imply that the building would be closest to the highway, with the range facing towards the studios.

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

While 100 and 200 are a decent amount, maybe they could keep both carparks and share it with the next door attractions or maybe there's more to the lakeside area in my map that could require carparks later on?

The capacity of each is about 200 (north-west of main outdoor tank) & 300 (east of main outdoor tank). Remember, there are plans for a 'lakeside precinct' as well as an 'entertainment precinct', which could be built in the vicinity - whether both of them are the same thing is still to be found out but I think that's likely.

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Did you calculate the area of space you will lose for disable parking? 

No, I didn't as I didn't think it would make much difference - the parking spaces would still be roughly the same size.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Reanimated didn't post a schematic - he had some roughly drawn lines, and none of what he posted suggested to me that he intended for the building to be constructed on the western side. I always interpreted what he had said to imply that the building would be closest to the highway, with the range facing towards the studios.

Ok, let me see if this can clear up MY OPINION on the matter. 

The pink line from the road indicates where I would guess the entry point will be, IF they use the studio entry that already exists. 

The pink line in my guess for the top golf building is where the guests would stand and hit the balls towards the highway as the overseas ones seem to get smaller at the far end. Not only that but thinking about it more, it would seem silly putting the carpark at the back and making everyone walk the distance of the range back to the entry. 

Of course this all changes if it was flipped and new carparks were created. 

guess2.jpg

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

The picture obviously had the flared end on the western side.

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Ok, let me see if this can clear up MY OPINION on the matter. 

The pink line from the road indicates where I would guess the entry point will be, IF they use the studio entry that already exists. 

The pink line in my guess for the top golf building is where the guests would stand and hit the balls towards the highway as the overseas ones seem to get smaller at the far end. Not only that but thinking about it more, it would seem silly putting the carpark at the back and making everyone walk the distance of the range back to the entry. 

Of course this all changes if it was flipped and new carparks were created. 

guess2.jpg

If the orientation isnt north south as I initially thought, I think it would  be more likely that the building would be on the highway side as AlexB has (forcefully) suggested.

1) The proposed western building envelope currently isnt fenced and as discussed they build the building before the range.

2) It would make more sense to have the carpark where the AOS staff park currently is (i.e. southern one) given it minimises traffic interaction with the studios west of the outdoor tank and increases the odds of punters making their way after a show at AOS (or a day at WnW) to TopGolf to rent out a bay for an hour or two.

19 minutes ago, Bush Beast Forever said:

The picture obviously had the flared end on the western side.

If the orientation isnt north south as I initially thought, I think it would  be more likely that the building would be on the highway side as AlexB has (forcefully) suggested.

1) The proposed western building envelope currently isnt fenced and as discussed they build the building before the range.

2) It would make more sense to have the carpark where the AOS staff park currently is (i.e. southern one) given it minimises traffic interaction with the studios west of the outdoor tank and increases the odds of punters making their way after a show at AOS (or a day at WnW) to TopGolf to rent out a bay for an hour or two.

I'm with you.  Your ideas are much better.

• Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction