DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

15 hours ago, UpperCoomera said:

gc_bulletin.jpg

2 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

The "themed entertainment, ride & retail outlet" development application they are referring to is very likely the DC Comics Super-Villians Unleashed area and not the rollercoaster.

Like @pin142 said, it seems like the Gold Coast Bulletin only just discovered RCDB, Parkz, the recently added development application or even the large construction site at the park (How could they not notice after nearly a month?).

The only thing that can be defined as 'new' in the article is a possible announcement date - "near future" - which still follows what I said back at the start of this month:

On 01/09/2016 at 11:59 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

I also noticed in this Gold Coast Bulletin article about Village Roadshow's annual shareholder meeting from the 20th of November 2015:

Co-chairman, Robert Kirby, spoke briefly about the future at the Gold Coast parks at the company's annual shareholder meeting: "In the coming months, we will be announcing an exciting new attraction for the Gold Coast which we expect will be one of the world’s best theme park drawcards"

This would indicate an announcement no later than the 20th of November 2016 (otherwise instead of saying "In the coming months", he would have said "Next year").

15 hours ago, UpperCoomera said:

In the article a VRTP spokesperson says "plans for a steel-structured sit-down extreme roller coaster for the park with an opening date of 2017".

They didn't say that. You mixed the VRTP spokesperson's quote up with the RCDB paragraph.

4 hours ago, ashhole157 said:

Took by a mate traveling south on the Pacific Highway.

k4wjqcdihznx.jpg

According to Theme Park Review, an extremely identical one was recently seen in southern Los Angeles.

34 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Btw does anyone have a photo or know where the fenced off area goes to? Looking at all those pics makes me confused.

This pretty much:

On 12/09/2016 at 6:03 PM, mattcrombie said:

So far the area that I can tell from the pics where this new coaster will be. 

MW.jpg

35 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Need to be more specific on what you are talking about.

Well by looking at the first picture (the one with the yellow digger) it doesnt show all of the fenced off area, so i was wondering if theres much more drilling to the left. Also while looking at this photo and google maps street view, i believe they have clear the tree that i marked in the image below. The coaster just keeps getting bigger ?

Screenshot_2016-09-28-21-38-24.png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-21-37-56.png

@Brad2912 - I have on good authority from several sources that TG will be between MW's driveway and AOS - putting it next to the new coaster. From what I understand it will take over the current 'dirt' carpark opposite the PC driveway next to the watertank, although how much ground it stands to take over is yet to be seen.

I think someone mentioned wayyy earlier that Mack Rides tweeted they had at least two big new coasters coming in 2017-2018 or something... I can't be bothered to look for it and quote.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the UK have just released plans for a Mack launched coaster over there. TPR have an animated POV on their site, and there are details below:

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/8622-Blackpool-Pleasure-Beach-Project-2018

Do you think WBMW's could bear any similarity, given they're being manufactured almost simultaneously?

@AlexBThat's what I am thinking too.  My only other option was they might relocate the stables for AOS and build it on that side however I ruled that out when no construction of the coaster occurred in the overflow car park.

(Extra news to do with nothing we are talking about.   Hot Tomato morning crew are staying at the FarmStay tonight at PC) I’m anticipating they will broadcast from there in the morning.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

29 minutes ago, AlexB said:

@Brad2912 - I have on good authority from several sources that TG will be between MW's driveway and AOS - putting it next to the new coaster. From what I understand it will take over the current 'dirt' carpark opposite the PC driveway next to the watertank, although how much ground it stands to take over is yet to be seen.

Your sources are correct, this was confirmed on the Star Tour.

1 hour ago, Ryande16 said:

I doubt it, it wouldn't make sense as to why they are clearing land that is not for the coaster at this point in time. i think it would most likely be the turn around point for the coaster.

The current clearing of land is for the coaster but the area you were talking about I think might be TopGolf land

40 minutes ago, jake_hunt said:

I think someone mentioned wayyy earlier that Mack Rides tweeted they had at least two big new coasters coming in 2017-2018 or something... I can't be bothered to look for it and quote.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the UK have just released plans for a Mack launched coaster over there. TPR have an animated POV on their site, and there are details below:

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/8622-Blackpool-Pleasure-Beach-Project-2018

Do you think WBMW's could bear any similarity, given they're being manufactured almost simultaneously?

That looks mint! However i dont think it would be the same as MWs coaster because they already have a launch. It would seem weird if they added another launch in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

The current clearing of land is for the coaster but the area you were talking about I think might be TopGolf land

Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I stand corrected then. I was under the impression they were actually planning on keeping that carpark, and in fact finally sealing it off due to the increasingly workload in the studios and Commonwealth Games usage. Obviously was given a bum steer on that one haha

53 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

To get your heart pumping a bit.  Here is the Mack Rides coaster which will open in 2018, at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w9tVlgzAu0

Id take it, great ride length, would like another inversion or two, but looks a treat

49 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I stand corrected then. I was under the impression they were actually planning on keeping that carpark, and in fact finally sealing it off due to the increasingly workload in the studios and Commonwealth Games usage. Obviously was given a bum steer on that one haha.

well of course with a picture of the worst joker in history.

1 hour ago, ashhole157 said:

well of course with a picture of the worst joker in history.

I don't usually feed trolls, but Leto portrays a very different joker than previous incarnations of the character. Ledgers' performance will be recalled for decades and rightly so, but Leto's performance, in limited screen time was admirable and much more to my liking than Nicholson's comic take on the role. 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic