Sign in to follow this  
Theme Park

Whatever happened to dreamworld studios

9 posts in this topic

Hey I was curious if anyone knows what dreamworld studios and the big brother house are being used for currently and whether it is abandoned or if the big brother house was preserved in case channel 9 or channel 10 ever need to make an new series? 

2B371E8500000578-3190696-image-a-7_1439090217866.thumb.jpg.ab50f5bb5802026c39bedd91c85f08ab.jpg

• Nauseating 1

50 minutes ago, Minions! said:

Well...Basically its just sitting there waiting for someone to hire it out or in the case of the big brother house its a total dump.

Can you still do tours of the studios also why can't they hire it out when they have no trouble hiring out the studios at movieworld.

19 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

It was certainly not preserved by Channel 9 or 10. Its a mess. There is a video of someone who broke into the area and filmed a full walk through of the studios, but I can't be bothered to find it in the forums. @Theme Park they can't hire it out because it is literally a mess.

Jeez I didn't realise the state the studios were in. Man I really wish they looked after the place even if they were not able to find someone to rent it they could have had some type of behind the scenes studio tour attractions to draw in fans of the show or just some television fans in general.

Edited by Theme Park

Let’s be clear, ‘DW studios’ isn’t in the same ballpark as Village Roadshow Studios. 

DW studios consisted of a single building which housed the video/productions offices for Big Brother, next to the amphitheatre where the live shows were filmed. That’s it. There is no sound stages that can be repurposed to further utilised 

7 hours ago, Theme Park said:

Jeez I didn't realise the state the studios were in. Man I really wish they looked after the place even if they were not able to find someone to rent it they could have had some type of behind the scenes studio tour attractions to draw in fans of the show or just some television fans in general.

Why  would we bother to look after the place? Do you really think a tour of the "house" that hasn't been on T.V. since 2014 ( and pretty much a flop since the turkey slapping ) would draw in the crowds we need?