Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction

DaptoFunlandGuy

6 minutes ago, Rivals said:

a Vekoma coaster like Fønix or Formula would work much better at this park

Now that you say it, it could work well. The former only costs $20 million AUD and as high as Superman/Steel Taipan, and is longer than the former.

I definitely thinks Gumbuya World will need just that one standout coaster in the next few years, a vekoma (maybe with a launch) like myself and others have suggested would work well for the park. I don’t necessarily think it should be the next investment, maybe the third next or so, but I just think a Headliner would do this park justice, cause I think TNT will be beating out PZ for that title this summer, which is ironic cause TNT is still a family coaster.

11 hours ago, TBoy said:

For the next few years I would do this:

PHASE 4 (Summer 2024-2025):

1. Gumbuya Resort. In the Herald Sun article back in Page 5, apparently Gumbuya wanted to build accommodation close to the park. This would have many benefits, such as visitors to Gippsland who are going to Phillip Island the next day etc. can stay at the resort. I would also add-on free tickets to Gumbuya World as part of your stay.

2. $15 million expansion to Oasis Springs. I feel like Gumbuya needs an expansion to Oasis Springs to compete with FF/AP, so I would suggest these rides: 

• “Cyclone” Funnel Slide
  • ”Down the Drain” Bowl slide
  • “Twin Tubes” 2 AquaLoop Slides.

All 4 slides would be connected, like how Taipan/Boomerang are on the one platform etc.

PHASE 5 (Summer 2025-2026, one year gap due to Commonwealth Games)

1. Carousel, also named as “Gumbo’s Great Carousel” The ride would be located in Outback Explorers, and have 36 horses. It would also be a VERY cheap ride, with ones on Alibaba only being up to 77k AUD for a 36-seat one.

2. Droptower, named “Nature Drop” The ride would be a S&S SpaceShot that reaches 61m high, with 4Gs. It would be the same as Movie World’s Batwing SpaceShot. It would cost $5 million.

3. Plane Flier, similar to Tail Spin at Dreamworld. It would reach a height of 22m, and allow the guests to control how they fly, like at Dreamworld with Tail Spin. It would cost $2.5 million.

4. Forest Flythrough. A 40m height, 1km long coaster. It would be designed by Mack Rides and have the Blue Flier theme. It would be like Steel Taipan at Dreamworld, without the backwards part. It would also use either the new space the park has or the former toboggan area. The ride would be the most expensive, costing $30 million (less than ST due to no backwards part, no switching and no spinning seat.)

WDYT?

So basically your plan is to clone half of the gold coast?

I wouldn't think they'd want to pick up an Alibaba carousel anymore than i'd want to ride one, but a nice carousel from a reputable manufacturer is kind of a staple you need to have to grow really.

I'm gonna skip 2 & 3 (i'm sure more original ideas are out there) but as for "forest flythrough" - i'd love to see someone do a Setpoint SwingThing coaster down under, but with a longer layout. those things are super fun, with a low rider height requirement.

8 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Can someone remind me what ride TNT is a replica of?

It is a replica of multiple coasters such as Orkhaen, Dragon Flier and Fire Mountain, which all use the same model. Movie World will also be getting the same coaster.

On 08/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, aussiethemeparker said:

and $199 for a season pass which is only valid September school holidays until Easter school holidays

Gumbuya World has changed the season pass to an annual pass for all 12 months. Prices for passes are still the same, and apparently even lower for 90-120cm and 60+.

38 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Gumbuya World has changed the season pass to an annual pass for all 12 months. Prices for passes are still the same, and apparently even lower for 90-120cm and 60+.

Yep changed in the last few days, and a very positive move imho. Gives a lot more value to people buying as Xmas presents and gives them a clear difference to Funfields and Adventure Park

Pakenham Star Community article:

Rollercoaster ready at Gumbuya World

gumbuya_306736_01.jpg

Gumbuya World chief executive Ron Weinzierl.

By Shelby Brooks

With spring weather finally gracing the state over the weekend, a season record turnout at Tynong North’s Gumbuya World allowed thrillseekers a glimpse at the $40m rollercoaster project set to open before Christmas.

Construction of the two coasters – one a family-friendly suspended rollercoaster and the other a thrill ride reaching 50m in the air and reaching speeds of 100km/h – has been ongoing since April and are set to open 23 December this year.

The addition of the two new coasters in Gumbuya World’s theme park precinct will give Victorians an alternative to Queensland, Gumbuya World chief executive Ron Weinzierl said.

“I think it stops the community from having to travel to Queensland,” he said.

“It will give them rollercoasters in Victoria that’s never been here before. The Scenic Railway is here and The Big Dipper used to be at Luna Park, but this is the first time Victoria has seen rollercoasters at this level.”

Family-friendly ride TNT will reach a height of 19.3m, a speed of 67km/h and has two tunnels for 20 passengers a turn.

It is for people of a height of 105cm and above.

Mr Weinzierl said the ride had taken three years to come to fruition, after working with accredited rollercoaster designers to come up with the concept.

“It sounds like a turbo charged train and it’s really smooth and glides,” he said.

“You’ll be able to go on it from the age group of about eight or nine.”

The thrill ride, Project Zero, reaches a height of 46.2km, a speed of 105km/h and has two inversions for 12 passengers a turn. It’s for people of a height of 140cm and above.

“This one to me had to be a space theme,” Mr Weinzierl said.

“You sit here at Gumbuya and it shoots you in the air into orbit at pace.

“It’s for that older, teenager age group. It’s scary!”

The rollercoasters will complete stage three of Gumbuya World’s five-stage plan.

“The plan has always been to build a fantastic water park, to continue to develop our wildlife trail and to put rollercoasters into the theme park,” Mr Weinzierl said.

“This is the hottest investment in any attraction in Victoria, if not Australia.”

Other plans within the theme park precinct include a ferris wheel and carousel, Mr Weinzierl said.

“These rollercoasters will be good enough now for that spread within the theme park,” he said.

Next year there will be the question of whether we do water slides.

“We just got our exotic zoo licence. We have 52 Australian native animals but now we’re going to put meerkats and monkeys and probably cats. The question is whether we introduce lions.

Gumbuya World recently acquired the neighbouring 44.5ha rose farm to complete stages four and five in the future, which will see a hotel and eco-resort.

The entertainment precinct now owns 263ha in total, Mr Weinzierl said.

“We will realign it now, we’ve got the farms on both sides,” he explained.

“We will then work with community and say, ‘What’s the best for this?’. It’s got a big dam that can service if there are bushfires so we will make this a sustainable property that can also service the community in any emergencies or natural events that may pop up.”

Over 5 and 6 November, Mr Weinzierl said the park had seen the highest number of visitors since the season began in September.

“This weekend was as good as we’ve seen” he said.

The park has also been busy hosting corporate events and expects to see 40,000 school students through to doors.

“We had about 20,000 last year, so that’s double expected this year,” he said.

• Like 1

I'm really impressed about this, and I had no idea about it till I logged in a few weeks ago.

I visited the park last in 2016 which may have well still been the same as 1997.

Another 2-3 big rides and I'd consider for Victoria to finally have a real Themepark.

They could add a Singapore luge Sentosa Island style thing out the back where the toboggan used to be....

Wasn't it some bosses from carsales.com.au who got the place going

• rappa locked this topic