New attractions coming in 2005.

Bussy

I hope its something worth while! Not some cheap carnival ride with a spray painted backgrounds of cheesy people in a nightclub or something in that order... I live about 30mins away from that place but i've only been there twice since it re-opened. I just dont find it worth the effort going. I also agree on the idea of a new ride in Baloney's corner out the back. Maybe a Claw type of ride would be good??? Oh yeah, By the way Huss, No fuss or anything, but i'm suing you for the cause of spams in my right eye. Due to your spasmatic Sig!!! Just jokes Dude! Screammachine

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha that's great screammachine. So true. One of the reasons I am not a big fan of carnival rides. Never impressed with those spray painted 2D backdrops
I agree with you on some level. I really hate when they have famous people on the backdrop, and they dont even look like them!. I much prefer a backdrop like what Wittingslow Had on Rainbow, nice lettering with stars and 2 angels on either side :D

An imellan turn is like half an overbanked turn then half a loop, but the loop doesnt turn you upside down, at its peak it is just slightly overbanked and it manages to wist around and level out at the bottom, a very cool element, especially with the spin involved. Got to the Maurer Sohne Website (http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/) and follow the link to the Xtended spinning coaster 2000, then click on the layout description.

I sure hope the new ride is a Huss rainbow...how cool would that be??? But then again those rich people who live next to the park will start complaining about the view (as said above) but imagine going on a Huss Rainbow infront of a harbour! How MAD would that be! Oh by the way...am I allowed to keep my avatar or do I have to change it because it's too scary???

I think Rainbow would have been a great addition to Luna Park for all the reasons mentioned above. They were so close to getting one in 1995 - it's a shame they changed to the Ranger at the last minute. Rainbow is much more visually appealing and would make the most of the harbour views. It also would not cause any more of a problem with the residents than the Ranger already does as they are both almost identical in design. I'ts unlikely that it will happen now though - that decision was made 10 years ago and the Ranger is here to stay... for a while at least

I think Rainbow would have been a great addition to Luna Park for all the reasons mentioned above. They were so close to getting one in 1995 - it's a shame they changed to the Ranger at the last minute. Rainbow is much more visually appealing and would make the most of the harbour views. It also would not cause any more of a problem with the residents than the Ranger already does as they are both almost identical in design. It's unlikely that it will happen now though - that decision was made 10 years ago and the Ranger is here to stay... for a while at least

i actually thinkt hat it would be great if luna park bought the water slides from Wonderland and placed it behind Coney Island, not sure if it fits but then again it would be great to see a few slides behind there for a water part of the park, it will be small but something different is always good. Wonderland could purchase a few of the kiddie rides seeing though luna parks kiddie rides suck big time, they could possibler get bountry revenge to replace ranger, because bountys is more attractive and is much more exciting. I would replace the wild mouse with an updated and bigger and better version of a wild mouse roller coaster, or possible a small launched coaster or a spiral coaster, but then again i dont think they can remove the ride for heritage reasons, same as the ferris wheel.

I would agree that Luna Park's kiddies rides suck big time... but pat of that problem is the way they have been just plonked down in a hurry without thinking about aesthetics etc. Regarding the ferris wheel - I can't imagine why that would be classified as heritage as it was built in the early 80's. Not exactly old. The Wild Mouse is definitely heritage and won't be knocked down anytime soon. I don't think a launch or spiral coaster would fit in with Luna Park's current theme

I would agree that Luna Park's kiddie rides suck big time... but part of that problem is the way they have been just plonked down in a hurry without thinking about aesthetics etc. In fact as we have discussed before, the presentation of most of the rides needs some serious work. Regarding the ferris wheel - I can't imagine why that would be classified as heritage as it was built in the early 80's. Not exactly old. The Wild Mouse is definitely heritage and won't be knocked down anytime soon. I don't think a launch or spiral coaster would fit in with Luna Park's current theme

I think Rainbow would have been a great addition to Luna Park for all the reasons mentioned above. They were so close to getting one in 1995 - it's a shame they changed to the Ranger at the last minute. Rainbow is much more visually appealing and would make the most of the harbour views. It also would not cause any more of a problem with the residents than the Ranger already does as they are both almost identical in design. It's unlikely that it will happen now though - that decision was made 10 years ago and the Ranger is here to stay... for a while at least
And thankgod wittingslow decided to keep Rainbow. Obviously found it more appealing to riders, than the pretty intense looking Ranger, specially cos at the shows rainbow and ranger were the 2 biggest rides, in the early 90's

Does anyone here actually read before posting? I have specifically said that the ride(s) they will be getting are NOT carnival rides.

Wonderbus are you suggesting Luna Park is going to purchase some of Wonderland's old rides? I can't think of a single ride they would want that would benefit the park (especially considering most of Luna Park's target market would have already ridden the same rides lots of times before) so I think it's probably highly unlikely
I can think of three rides from Wonderland that they would be interested in and would have to room for. It doesn't matter if people have ridden them before, look at Wild Mouse it's a piece of crap coaster that is way to old yet people still go there to ride it, same goes for most of the rides at the park. If a park, say Dreamworld, built something like Coney Island would anyone here be impressed? Definitely not yet that type of attraction would probably do well and would bring a new demographic into the park.
but dude think, if Ranger is ok, Rainbow would be too! just place it further back, and not so close to the water. Or does Luna Park wanna boot Ranger still?
Dude Ranger is not Ok. The residents behind the park have been winging about it ever since the park re-opened and some have actually gone down to the operator and started yelling abuse at them telling them to turn the ride off because it's too loud. If they put a new ride like Rainbow further away from the water and therefore closer to the residents it would cause more problems.
What Wonderland rides are there to buy? Zodiac perhaps. The Probe might work if the two working sides were facing the water and hence would be quieter. Maybe the chair lift be fit in somewhere? I seriously can't think of anything else from Wonderland that Luna Park would want.
Read above comments regarding residents, this wont work. Think about the rides that Wonderland has got and then think about what might fit in there are only a few and they are all flat rides.
I really hate when they have famous people on the backdrop, and they dont even look like them!.
How do you know if they are famous people if the pictures don't look like them?
i actually thinkt hat it would be great if luna park bought the water slides from Wonderland and placed it behind Coney Island, not sure if it fits but then again it would be great to see a few slides behind there for a water part of the park, it will be small but something different is always good.
I don't think that water slides would work at Luna Park. I don't know why I just don't think they would fit in.
Wonderland could purchase a few of the kiddie rides seeing though luna parks kiddie rides suck big time, they could possibler get bountry revenge to replace ranger, because bountys is more attractive and is much more exciting.
Did you mean Luna Park not Wonderland? And again Luna Park will not be getting any large rides like Bounty's Revenge, the residents would kick up so much of a stink that the council and Luna Park would be forced to go back on those plans. "The Bus is now leaving for Council Creek, NSW"

Does anyone here actually read before posting?  I have specifically said that the ride(s) they will be getting are NOT carnival rides.   I can think of three rides from Wonderland that they would be interested in and would have to room for.  It doesn't matter if people have ridden them before, look at Wild Mouse it's a piece of crap coaster that is way to old yet people still go there to ride it, same goes for most of the rides at the park.  If a park, say Dreamworld, built something like Coney Island would anyone here be impressed?  Definitely not yet that type of attraction would probably do well and would bring a new demographic into the park. Dude Ranger is not Ok.  The residents behind the park have been winging about it ever since the park re-opened and some have actually gone down to the operator and started yelling abuse at them telling them to turn the ride off because it's too loud.  If they put a new ride like Rainbow further away from the water and therefore closer to the residents it would cause more problems. Read above comments regarding residents, this wont work.  Think about the rides that Wonderland has got and then think about what might fit in there are only a few and they are all flat rides. How do you know if they are famous people if the pictures don't look like them? I don't think that water slides would work at Luna Park. I don't know why I just don't think they would fit in.   Did you mean Luna Park not Wonderland?  And again Luna Park will not be getting any large rides like Bounty's Revenge, the residents would kick up so much of a stink that the council and Luna Park would be forced to go back on those plans. "The Bus is now leaving for Council Creek, NSW"
1. They look like them, just enough for you to know who they are but they don't look good enough!! 2. I hope Luna Park sells Ranger to a travelling family, because it would be a fantastic investment!!! 3. Rainbow is a bit louder than Ranger too!, becuase the motors work harder to power the conduct system in the lower arm, so that rules out luna buying a Rainbow 4. Lol, no probs Patt

Man! Luna Park can't have any thrill rides because of those rich people who live near it! Pssh Rich people! them and their poodles :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: It's a shame that Luna Park can't have any thrill rides like Intamin Giant Drops, roller coasters (decent ones, not crappy ones like Wild Mouse) Huss Rainbows or other thrilling rides! They should of built it away from residents! As said above...PSSH, RICH PEOPLE! THEM AND THEIR POODLES!!!

Get over the residents. They are not as much of a problem now as they were before. They have sent in hundreds of complaints and petitions re Ranger and the other rides but the government is now taking a more sensible approach by ignoring them. Anyway the noise is apparantley within permitted limits. So really, Luna Park could get anything they want... almost. The problem (and in some ways it's also a good thing, bittersweet really) is that the park seems to be doing really, really well as it is. The general public doesn't seem to care that the rides are all badly presented old trailer mounted models because the place is packed out on a regular basis. Sydney people are becoming less discerning. It constantly surprises me that people are willing to fork out a fair bit of cash to ride a rather dodgy looking machine. I'm a fun park fan and even I won't hand over my money to go on most of their rides. The exceptions to this would be the unique attractions like the Wild Mouse and the giant ferris wheel with its harbour views. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Luna Park as a venue, but I'd like to see the amusement park brought up a notch. Unfortunately I don't see it happening as long as the paying public is happy with the way it is

Yeah, all the residents should be hung drawn and quartered, or something to make them be quiet.

Dude Ranger is not Ok. The residents behind the park have been winging about it ever since the park re-opened and some have actually gone down to the operator and started yelling abuse at them telling them to turn the ride off because it's too loud. If they put a new ride like Rainbow further away from the water and therefore closer to the residents it would cause more problems.
Whoa, if thats true they must be pretty darn annoyed. To march all the way down there from their fancy apartment complexes, into Luna Park where the noise must be a lot louder than up in their rooms, and then go and make even more noise by yelling at the friendly operators. Seems a bit ironic eh? And lastly, its not an Immelan turn, its an Immelmann turn, named after the WWI or WWII pilot, or sometime around then, who supposedly invented this type of move I beleive.