Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Space Mountain closed for 2 years

19 posts in this topic

Disneyland has closed down space mountain for 2 years and will reopen for disneylands 50Th in 2005. I 1st rode space mountain in 1995 then 98, 99, 00, 01 it was a great indoor coaster but closing it is for the best as something even better will come of space mountain in 2005 Just out of intrests who on the boards has ridden space mountain at anaheim's disneyland before?

Damn... I missed out on riding by less than 2 weeks :-( Ow well I guess it'll still be interesting what they come up with but they could have waited a few weeks until after I had visited the US!

Yup, I rode Space Mountain in Anaheim in 1983 - I think it was fairly new back then. I was blown away by it, and was looking forward to going back on it in our trip to California next year... bummer that it's not going to be open.... JB

I think thats a pretty imature and childish remark to make Richard really... Its pretty obvious to all of us that most of those incidents have been caused by reduction in maintenance so your really just reinforcing that point. Other than that the DL accidents have been human error in nature...

Sweet Space Mountain is opening this year. I'm Not any time soon. But one of my goals in my lifetime is to goto overseas and visit most of the good parks like Disney and all. Hopefully that will happen.

Im off to LA may 13th for disneylands 50th which starts on the 5th may. im undecided weather or not im going to orlando too. but will be doing the other parks again while im there, knotts, universal, magic mountain, sea world.

I'm getting quite excited about this because I am going back to DL at the end of this year, and last time I was there the ride was recently closed. With travel plans originally I was going through in November, and was bummed about possibly missing it, but if its open sooner, I'll be a very happy man. I mean, even though its been there for years, to me it feels like they're building something completly new.

^know what ya mean we went dec 2003 and it was of course down but will be back sept this year so i will be able to ride!!! in a way its new, brand new track and all new vehicles, sound system and score and brand new never seen before SFX apparently will blow you away cant wait!!!!