Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

59 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Turns out there is also a crocodile made in the send material as the snake at ST located on top of the woodshed 

IMG_7428.jpeg

And another at TI

IMG_7431.jpeg

Yeah these are all part of the Creepy Crawlie Quest which is a paid add-on for Happy Halloween. Pay $5 or something, kids get an activity book to find all these creatures, complete the activity, get a prize.

56 minutes ago, themagician said:

That block wall seems to be pretty high and creates quite the barrier and disrupts the sight lines. Interesting to see what it’s for

Probably the exterior, merry-go-round facing wall shown here, which’ll serve as a sign for the ride, ‘station building’, and (hopefully, at least) a clear obstruction to differentiate Ocean Parade from Wiggles. Then again, at the same time they’re doing this, they’re moving the ‘Play School Wheel’ to be nestled right beside Serpent Slayer, so they may just not care.

IMG_5728.thumb.jpeg.54fd0881ed5e57702d4185d046267498.jpeg

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

That makes sense. For some reason I was thinking that the coaster entrance was going to face the Play School Wheel/Humpty, but it does actually make more sense to have the entrance face the carousel leaving the coaster open and can be viewed from the main walkway through the land 

I didn't think it was worth starting a new topic for this but is it just me or has the Sky Voyager screen quality gone blurry or out of focus compared to when it was first opened. I swear the video quality was better back but I could be wrong. Anyone else think this?

29 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

I didn't think it was worth starting a new topic for this but is it just me or has the Sky Voyager screen quality gone blurry or out of focus compared to when it was first opened. I swear the video quality was better back but I could be wrong. Anyone else think this?

I think the texture of the screen itself has just become much more noticeable.

The ride is turning 5 later next year, it would be great if the park invested in upgrading the screen and projector to a higher resolution (unless the footage itself is already at its max res). With everything the park has been doing the last few years and with Rivertown next year, the park will have changed in so many ways and they should have every park of it looking it’s best to impress every single guest that comes through the park. I know they have been working hard to improve so many aspects of the park (even behind the scenes on things guests don’t even notice or know about) and they should keep up this momentum 

• Like 2

Had my first rides on Sky Voyager in July this year and thought it was a great experience. It felt fully immersive and video quality seemed sharp to me, but I have no riding history to compare it to. 

On one of the rides, we were just about to enter the waterfall when the ride stopped and the lights came on. Turns out someone was using their phone to record the ride. After attendants came over and told them to delete the footage off their phone, the ride was reset and we got to go again. Basically 2 cycles in one.. So there's a trick if you want extra time in Sky Voyager (of course I don't actually recommend)