Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

All Dreamworks references within the Kung Fu Panda area have now been removed. Pandamonium is set to close on Monday 30th and will reopen late March. I’m speculating that maybe most of this area will be closed off soon so the Ocean Parade transformation can begin.

0D4B6725-4A6F-4535-9B3C-C739869DE482.thumb.jpeg.3342ff7d61b698bb9732bac2949993fe.jpeg

88ED1E6A-44AA-4824-A5F8-97FF7FB67C7C.thumb.jpeg.aa047f21058b5752bf357785e0e879b3.jpeg

DF49D3C9-AC89-4A54-B5FE-09571E7F71A6.thumb.jpeg.08e19da847f70aeb771a607e73b9dfc1.jpeg

98FF0A25-D36E-4039-A103-C9EB7F064EC7.thumb.jpeg.929a0e0cbeaed3a427b0d4855acf8c67.jpeg

There are heaps of coloured dots on the ground throughout the area too

8B58ED25-FF0C-468E-97B9-502BE31092EE.thumb.jpeg.1d65a801cf99243c2873f2f83c218ff0.jpeg

2323D3EE-1FFE-42E5-8302-3F90D9CC0FC8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Yeah if Serpent slayer is a permanent name and theme rather than just a temp one so they can keep operating it without the KFP ip, then its downright lazy. If they plan to redo it at say next maintenance or something like that i'd be ok with it during transition. Long term it's pathetic.

As for Dodgems, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the previous shells from the cars stacked up in dexion racking somewhere BOH - wouldn't take much to dust them off and give them a sea-themed paint job, but the bodies would likely just be fibreglass and you could have them remade pretty easily once you've got the mould.

11 hours ago, Stevie said:

We'll likely see the temporary ride names changed once the works are closer to completion and they've announced more solid details of the Ocean Parade/kids area upgrade

It would be cool if Ocean parade had rides and stuffed about the ocean. I don’t understand why its called that when nothing seems like the ocean at all, its all gone. Is claw ocean?

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah if Serpent slayer is a permanent name and theme rather than just a temp one so they can keep operating it without the KFP ip, then its downright lazy. If they plan to redo it at say next maintenance or something like that i'd be ok with it during transition. Long term it's pathetic.

It’s currently closed for almost 2 months

FD7A47E1-71F4-469E-8595-391CEF989DDA.thumb.jpeg.e613aad6fa88107adecf5958ae5877c3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gobbledok said:

I don’t understand why its called that when nothing seems like the ocean at all, its all gone. Is claw ocean?

Claw's original theme had it invading the beach. Sand, and beach plantings surrounded the ride. The car it is crushing with one leg was your typical surfer panelvan \ wagon. Even the bus stop marketing campaign had it terrorising the gold coast, so yes, that was the tie-in.

44 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Claw's original theme had it invading the beach. Sand, and beach plantings surrounded the ride. The car it is crushing with one leg was your typical surfer panelvan \ wagon. Even the bus stop marketing campaign had it terrorising the gold coast, so yes, that was the tie-in.

WAS

Kind of makes sense in with a bunch of ocean stuff to me. Doesnt really seem to stand as the anchor attraction for a theme though 🤷‍♂️ 

Some more water based rides there would be good. I remember it originally felt much more cohesive there. Interesting to choice to keep that theme for the area with most of it gone. 

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As for Dodgems, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the previous shells from the cars stacked up in dexion racking somewhere BOH - wouldn't take much to dust them off and give them a sea-themed paint job, but the bodies would likely just be fibreglass and you could have them remade pretty easily once you've got the mould.

I mean, they could always retheme the dragon to something like a sea snake and repaint the ride... I guess to try and fit in with the Serpent Theme... but I really hope not.

As far as the dodgems go, when the Dreamworks experience was brought to the park a whole new dodgem cars system was brought into the park. They were changed from the traditional pick up system to the floor pick up similar to the Movie World dodgems. The Dreamworld dodgems were actually relocated to Aussie World for a few years before they replaced their cars too.

So they would need to either retheme the current shells or replace the cars with new ones.

8 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

WAS

Kind of makes sense in with a bunch of ocean stuff to me. Doesnt really seem to stand as the anchor attraction for a theme though 🤷‍♂️ 

Some more water based rides there would be good. I remember it originally felt much more cohesive there. Interesting to choice to keep that theme for the area with most of it gone. 

Tailspin is themed to seaplanes claw is themed with sand and surf boards which are STILL there. Gold coaster is supposed to be a 70/60s surf shack.  I think it works as an area but it needs a main ocean themed ride. It worked when wipeout was a thing now they need something else fully ocean themed to make the rest of it work

i hope DW put some effort in but they kinda need quantity over Quality rn to take people in. People see a park pass with 3+ parks and then a cheaper park pass with basically one park with “less” rides. DW used to be able to fight the 3 but now it needs more rides I feel before they can relax and really put effort in. Quantity drives gate. Quality keeps them there and people appreciate the effort. But they only see how well something is done once they are there GP are not watching vlogs too see the parks they just look at the website (or just go based on positive reviews) see how many rides are at “x” park and decide what park pass it buy based on that. Idk what do you guys think?

My dream is DW and WWW become one park then it’s more of a mega park. WWW has not got a separate website I can see a lot of people not realising it’s separately ticketed. People don’t like thinking one thing and having that thing be worse. Example: think you want to buy a coke and in your head it’s $2 and you get there and realise it’s $4 .. you feel like the place you bought it off are purposely trying to rip you off even though it’s the idea you got in your head that was wrong. I can see people thinking they are getting a water park and a theme park and only getting one and feeling ripped.

know I know WWW is a seasonal park and it makes sense for that part to have it separate but even if they opened 3 slides on the off season and that’s all. idk…

Edited by REGIE

14 hours ago, Slick said:

I never made that connection until today - is it a weird subtle dig at Leviathan you reckon?

Considering the Leviathan campaign was primarily "we don't strike, we rise above the rest" which was a direct dig at the Taipan campaign, if it is a dig at leviathan, i'm ok with that.

Me too. the parks should do more digs it’s very entertaining. A good one I saw the other day was on the DW Facebook someone commented they were upset that “joker” was closed. DW replyed : sorry we don’t have a joker roller coaster but feel free to ride ST as it is open, just down the road! 

If I'm not mistaken The Claw was a giant monster that came out from the sea and terrorised the town of "Ocean Parade". I remember the notice board also had some funny little posters back in the day. I'll also let you think about this... but The Claw was 100% a male... 4 legs, what are you swinging on in the middle?!