Dreamworld closings

joz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there will be another chairlift.

Dreamworld: "The Skylink has closed permanently as of yesterday and will eventually be replaced by new rides or attractions."
I could see a new ride going in at the carpark side station of the chairlift, but there dosen't seem to be that much room for a biggish ride there. Although having a new attraction would help to balance out the Park back towards the North. There's too much focus on the Ocean Parade / Nick part of the park, imo.

I think the term "Eventually" tells you something. It sounds as if the park has removed the ride with no replacement rides in mind. Fair enough too, it required 5 operators over the course of the day, wasn't very popular, and was potentially dangerous. Last time I was there it was closed until 11 (approx.) and closed by 4. As a transport system it was redundant, and as a ride it was pretty ordinary.

They dont really need the chairlift anymore because they only had it for when Koala Country could only be reached via Riverwalk, but when the path got joined up from Rocky Hollow to AWE then the ride was less vital. The walk isn't unbearable, and those who dont want to walk can just take the train. This could open the door for more development around Goldrush.

Here is what they could do to improve GD's Capacity issue with Skylink now gone. They could add another tower (like shown in pic) and re-seat the tower. By adding a new thing of seats around most of the tower's. All conected. All go up at the same time. All drop at the same time.

To be realistic, I couldn't see them touching the tower to alter either GD/ToT. Unless they decided to send the ToT higher (faster), where they might have to alter something on the tower (height limiter?) but that's unlikley. As for a new, big, ride at the Thunderbolt site, that would be fine, but I still maintain that the park needs to balance the visitors more evenly across the park. Gold Rush is an easy place to start, as it's close to Ocean Parade, where I have seen a larger amount of people to be spending their park time.