SMH Article today -Disney looking at western suburbs...

Skipper

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. a typical uneducated moron. he can't win an argument when he is shown the facts, and he resorts to petty name calling. Now lets see -

Your...Nerdy...Fat Slobby...Faggot
Yep, sounds like a 7th grade harda$$. Daniel would probably advise you to learn to spell too, since the correct spelling would have been "You're" I'll direct you to the Community Guidelines. Now get knotted. with a mouth like that, it's obvious to see why the doctor slapped your mother and not you when you came into the world. It was nice knowing you. i don't anticipate you being around much longer.... (looks around for Richard or Joz)

I wonder if he thought of all that all by himself...??? Is that where my thousands of dollars in tax every year are going? To educate brain dead morons like yourself? I'm not looking forward to when the youth of today are running our country. I hope your earholes turn to arseholes and **** all down your neck. Piss off you illiterate little pissant.

MattCrombie, why does weather dictate whether a theme park can get built, Anywhere in Australia has weather suitable for a theme park, and there is virtualy nowhere where it is too cold for one. Going by your logic, the UK shouldn't have any theme parks because it snows there and its overcast most of the time.

The last time I visited DL Anaheim, it was in february. Now im talking weather that froze puddles on the ground, rain, and all... and Disneyland was still quite crowded. The weather has nothing to do with a Disneyland Park. The majority of rides, shows and attractions at DL Anaheim are INDOORS. Haunted Mansion Space Mountain Splash Mountain Small World Indiana Jones Star Tours Pirates... sure it has a lot of other attractions but the e-ticket rides are all indoor, with the exception of Matterhorn, where you're going to get wet anyway. This is the exact type of whinging I was referring to before - You guys up in QLD think just because the weather is better, that EVERYTHING should be there. If that was the case, Sydney and Melbourne would not exist. Actually.... nothing else in Australia would exist, and QLD would have a 20 Million Population. If we were talking Wet N Wild, then sure, maybe QLD is a better place to have it than NSW. As QLD already has one, maybe it wouldnt hurt to have a WnW down here. As QLD already has THREE big theme parks, maybe it wouldn't hurt to have Disney down here too? So, Currently, Diane Beamer has made land available in the Sydney Basin for recreational and tourism use... so Disney is considering it (rumor). I see no local, state or federal politician in QLD publicly calling for tenders from corporations to buy and build on a parcel of land in QLD. If they were, I would be "Yahoo... Disney is looking to build in Australia". If they were building in Melbourne, i would be "Yahoo... Disney is looking to build in Australia". Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Surfers, Coffs, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin,.... EVEN HOBART FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.... i would still be "Yahoo... Disney is looking to build in Australia". But no.... Queenslanders have to have it all about them... Dont get me wrong. My mother lives in Queensland... But I see fewno Queenslanders saying "Yahoo... Disney is looking to build in Australia".... I just see them saying "build here not there, we're better not them....."

I had a look on the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) website and particularly the climate averages for the places in question, Prospect and the Gold Coast. They are reasonably similar in climate but there is one statistic that makes the difference and that is the average annual rainfall, Prospect (Prospect Dam) has an annual rainfall of 871.3mm, the Gold Coast (Southport Ridgeway Ave) is 1438.6mm. These statistics are taken from a similar period, 117 and 120 years respectively. Personally I couldn't care less if it is in Sydney, Queensland, Melbourne or anywhere else because it will be a fantastic addition to Australia’s tourism industry. "The Bus is now leaving for Sloppy Weather Bank, Tasmania"

I think those statistics speak for themselves. The higher rainfall where you measured at southport though is right near the beach, which is always going to have more rain because it is coastal. I'd like to see the rainfall stats for coomera city centre... i doubt there would be much of a difference but it might give us a better comparison. Another note to take into account would be that as Queensland is more tropical, the rainfall would most likely be heavier, and for shorter periods, whereas prospect might have light rain, for longer periods. Aside from all of that I still think given those rainfall statistics as well that the prospect area is a better option than the gold coast... specifically when talking weather wise...

I think there's no question that the Gold Coast has a far better climate for a theme park than Sydney. Having said that though, it is by no means an ideal theme park location, given the current market saturation. Disney aren't going to enter an existing theme park market. Disney are the market. No phrase sums up the power of a Disney theme park better than the mantra Build it and they will come. If a Disney park does eventuate, its location doesn't matter. If it lives up to the Disney name then people will come.

But no.... Queenslanders have to have it all about them...
Damn it Alex, I said so myself I would rather see the park in Sydney instead. Did you even read that? Just because Sydney currently doesn't have a themepark and a couple of people say that Queensland has better weather you start going on about how greedy we are. Do you think it even matters to them what we want? Do you think that they would care if we wanted it near us or not? Even if we were greedy and wanted it here rather then somewhere else then it still would not matter. And as I've said before, it doesn't matter because we already have 4 great parks. Greedy? Spoiled more like it. QLD has better weather, face it. That's why Brisbane is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. Your're right, the first thing foreigners think of when someone says Australia is Sydney and it's beautiful harbour. And that's why I want it in Sydney anyway. But QLD has the most ideal climate conditions for a park. Sydney is better for most other aspects though, such as the amount of guests that would visit, and this is why it ought to be there. Personally I would rather see a Santa Cruz Board walk style park on the coast :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man i hope disney decides to build in sydney. Dosnt gold coast have enough? What do we have down here in sydney? Nothing except Luna Park which i wouldnt really call a theme park but a collection of old ex-carnival rides from the 70's. If disney does buy land down near prospect does anyone know how long it would actually take to construct the park? I'm guessing over 2 years. :( i cnt wait that long! lol

From annoucement Most Disney parks take a minimum of bout 7-8 years. Hong Kong was announced in 99' And opens September 12th 2005 Paris Was announced in 1985 and opened to the public April 12th 1992. So Denim_Dude, Unfortunatley even if Disney were to build a park in Australia, Disney have already said nothing will be announced till after Hong Kong Opens in September. We would be looking at a grand opening in late 2011/2012.

It doesnt bother me how long it takes - because you know disney will give us something amazing - as long as they dont follow the trend of Hong Kong Disneyland with starting the park with only 1 E ticket attraction, people here are way too familiar with the disney parks overseas and they will be pissed off to turn up to find that all the "good rides" are missing! It will be amazing just to know one is getting built here and we will have an endless amout of stuff to speculate about on the boards while it being constructed.