Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Looking for Dreamworld representative

29 posts in this topic

If you haven't already seen on the main page, Roller-Coaster.com.au is seeking a Dreamworld "represenatative". This job more or less will involve going to Dreamworld on a regular basis (roughly once a fortnight, more when major construction is underway), and documenting what is going on with extensive photography. Roller-Coaster.com.au will pay for your Dreamworld "Max Action Pass" - which allows you unlimited entry for an entire year, plus in-park perks such as food and merchandise discounts. If you are currently in a position where you can provide extensive regular photographic updates to Roller-Coaster.com.au, then please look at this page. Contact me or post here with any questions.

If only I had a camera I probably would apply since I live on Brisbane's southside and I don't think it would be overly difficult for me to get to dreamworld by train each fortnight (depending on how much it costs for travel) and how busy I got with my studies.

Yeah, that would be a cool job. I live on Brisbane southside too but I only have a Sony Cybershot 4.1MP camera and I doubt you would think that it's good enough. Mad job though.

if I was involved with that, i'd go with 35mm anyway. Theres just something about digital I don't like... no specifics I can put my finger on, but I think i've just done so much work with filmstock, it would feel like cheating... I wouldn't mind doing something like that but being in NSW its a bit of an issue. When Disneyland Prospect begins construction, ill put in for that... lol

i would also do it as i have a good digicamera and also could provide video footage with my new digividcam, but the airfares would kill me every fortnight, unless you want ot pay them as well Richard??? seen as im from Sydney

Hear Hear! I remember about half the school stopping to watch the showdown between myself and my head of English in the playground when she discovered I was lighting the school musical instead of sitting in her class! Being the only guy in the school with any technical knowledge got me out of pretty much anything - you should take up a hobby like that.

Hear Hear! I remember about half the school stopping to watch the showdown between myself and my head of English in the playground when she discovered I was lighting the school musical instead of sitting in her class! Being the only guy in the school with any technical knowledge got me out of pretty much anything - you should take up a hobby like that.
lol... i had it pretty easy at my school.... i had a team of guys trained to do the job but anything major always went through me... i'd show up "hi sirmiss, im in the hall doin stuff" "ok"... lol. never a problem from any of my teachers.... and hell i even passed a couple of their subjects too.... the cruisiest 4 1/2 years of my life...

ah, a commonality (is that a word??) I am lighting the musical as well, as well as ANY other event the school has (eg. junior school ANZAC service on thursday night) and I have to change the setup for EACH differend event that they have..........I NEED MORE LIGHTS!!!!! (and dimmers too!)

so do I, but I wanna know people at uni more, I wont know any of the 2nd or 1'st year students, but I will know some of the 3rd year guys
Which University are you planning to go to?