The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Seriously, IMO it should at least be considered common courtesy to not post links to ‘news sources’ that’re paywalled atp. If it’s a relevant story that’s worth talking about, and you’re the only one with access to the article, it shouldn’t be too hard to just copy/screenshot the relevant portion & state the source’s name, instead of hinting at what’s relevant & linking the paywalled site.

Lots of news stories are not paywalled. As a subscriber, i dont know what is and isnt as they all open for me.

It should also be a common courtesy that people dont post absolute bullshit on here, but hey, thats life.

It also isnt hard for you to go and get a subscription if it matters that much to you. In the time it took you to write your reply, you could have signed up a free trial and read and posted it yourself..

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Lots of news stories are not paywalled. As a subscriber, i dont know what is and isnt as they all open for me.

It should also be a common courtesy that people dont post absolute bullshit on here, but hey, thats life.

It also isnt hard for you to go and get a subscription if it matters that much to you. In the time it took you to write your reply, you could have signed up a free trial and read and posted it yourself..

Gold Coast Bulletin doesn’t offer a free trial, nor are any of its articles not hidden behind a paywall. Also, in the time it took you to type & post that, you could’ve easily screenshotted or copy-pasted the article.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

nor are any of its articles not hidden behind a paywall

Complete and utter load of shit.

If you weren’t a passive aggressive turd and said “hey mate it’s paywalled can you post it”, I’d have done it no issues.

unfortunately you decided to go down the tosser route so you get “get a job and buy your own subscription” reply 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That said, these forums are a good source for historic info, which is why it is preferred to upload images to the site rather than hotlink to other sites - because when other sites inevitably break those links, the images are no longer accessible \ viewable in the discussion

Easy solution - save then upload. Simples. 

You're not gonna bring in heavy lift equipment and remove track sections unless it's necessary. You're not doing that just on pretence.

My guess is either they've discovered an issue with the construction, or the manufacturer has required them to take it down for some other reason. Remember all the rumours we've heard so far is the delay is the need to recommission the ride and the manufacturer wasn't available to do it.

What i've heard is only the upper sections have been removed - the lower (mostly red) sections remain, so either it's halfway done if they're pulling it all out, or the issues are only with the top sections. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

Would now be the right time to discuss the Freaky Frogs erasure in the Flash marketing? 

image.thumb.png.4c631df7701c1bb892ebe84496f30d64.png

Freaky Frogs | Children's Attraction · Childrens Ride at Luna Park | Parkz  - Theme Parks

I can stand the lies, but ignoring an Aussie icon like Freaky Frogs is taking it too far. 

And the fact it’s a major point that is being pushed within the marketing of the ride is hilarious too. If they changed it to be coaster-within-a-coaster I’d allow it.

In the past week ties were added onto the rails of the track in some areas (pictured below), im going to guess it could be a potential structural issue with the track.

IMG_4504.thumb.jpeg.54ab7ce0bb9a56396e4350c73a33ae1a.jpeg

(Theme Park Ogre) I zoomed in so you could see them better hence the questionable quality. 

The track is also definitely down today (had a look on instagram location to check it out)

IMG_4502.thumb.jpeg.ed7a6231317af5b83270835c0d96b7f3.jpegIMG_4503.thumb.jpeg.fcfc90d7d88e19ed83674c9fc742ce89.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

And the fact it’s a major point that is being pushed within the marketing of the ride is hilarious too.

That's what I love. It's something that is so bizarre to market that is also just flat out wrong. 

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

If they changed it to be coaster-within-a-coaster I’d allow it.

I wouldn't mind it as much either, but that crown would still go to Luna Park Melbourne's Speedy Beetle is inside Scenic Railroad. I reckon at this point just go all in and call it the World's First Roller Coaster. 

23 minutes ago, Rivals said:

In the past week ties were added onto the rails of the track in some areas (pictured below), im going to guess it could be a potential structural issue with the track.

I'm not an engineer and could be talking out my ass but hear me out. Flash is at the center of a sea of hollow tubular steel that would vibrate with some significant force when Superman goes around the track. Now factor in that Flash is essentially one giant tuning fork. If those vibrations propagated over to the similarly hollow steel structure of Flash via resonance could it cause some problems outside of the original manufacturing standards?

Edited by Guest 239
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, New display name said:

The Flash isn't even the first the first coaster of it's type to be built inside another coaster.

Queue Aviator AirBender at Nickelodeon Universe.  AirBender is built inside of Pepsi Orange Streak.

technically they’re claiming to be the first in the southern hemisphere, so if they meant coaster within another coaster technically they’re right. but it’s a stupid thing either way, just like how the Vekoma SFC was announced as the worlds first Multi-Type coaster.