Walt Disney Studios - 18/19th of July 2023

Gazza

Looks like it's changed a lot. We went back in 2014, before Ratatouille. Crush was down for maintenance. We flew from the UK I to Charles de Gaulle and got a TGV to the park entrance (hint - the TGVs are very fast). Had just carry-on luggage so dumped it at the Disney luggage drop place for us to pick up later (we were staying in nearby Val d'Europe) and straight into the parks.

Did Studios first, which included Aerosmith, Tower of Terror, Studio Tour and RC Racer. We were done in 2 hours and spent the rest of the day at DLP. At the time there just wasn't enough there.

Hong Kong Disneyland makes an effort. Not quite as fully catered as it sounds like DLP is, but HK offers Jungle Cruise in three languages. The golden mickeys presentation was done in Mandarin with english subtitles, but the rest of the park's offering was in english, with many on-screen elements subtitled in mandarin \ cantonese.

It sounds like DLP is a great non-US option for english speaking disney fans. :)

ManyDLP rides followed a format where there was a mixture of French and English, sometimes in that conversational style.

Eg 

So you could still get enough to understand the stories.

I wondered how it would sound to someone who could speak both languages though.

Edited by Gazza

22 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It sounds like DLP is a great non-US option for english speaking disney fans. :)

It is. I wasn't keen on the Studios park, but this was nine years ago, but the main park itself was great. I think I preferred Big Thunder Mesa, Pirates, and Phantom Manor over their Floridian counterparts. Space Mountain was just too different, and had lots of inverting elements, compared to the Florida one.

On 25/08/2023 at 1:21 PM, Gazza said:

Ok, so it wasn't until shortly before I went on this trip I found out they built an Avengers campus at WDS (For some reason I thought it was just Rock n Roller coaster being re themed with other stuff coming later)....Cool, means I don't feel guilty about skipping DCA!

My November '22 trip report mentioned this :P

Good to see you had a good time - I quite enjoyed Ratatouille, but haven't done any of the 'better' trackless darkies than this. The scenes under the trolley, the oven and the mop were standouts for me, bringing in smells worked well too..
I regret not waiting out the line for Crush's Coaster based on your description.