Wonderland History has the potential to be an awesome site

Ranger

Let me start off by saying this is NOT a criticism of Wonderland History or Chris Watts. I admire the guy as he has dedicated a large chunk of his time to preserving Wonderland's history. I am also not saying that I could do a better job at making a website as trust me, I don't. What I am saying is that Watts has so much great information on Wonderland History that he deserves a better site. It's a bit outdated and doesn't do itself justice. For example, there is this section on the site named 'Almost Wonderland' which is about proposed upgrades to Wonderland. The section is currently blank, however, if you type in 'proposed beach upgrades' it comes up with an article that is about a plan in the 90s for The Beach to get a wave pool. The article is meant to be in Almost Wonderland but isn't, and that's a shame as I assume there are many more articles with equally great content that I can't find. Another thing I've noticed is some of the images don't load properly, which sucks as again, there are so many great images. 

Also as a side note, where do all the clips from the below news report come from, especially the lady in the Space Probe tunnel

Yeah, the site has been a labour of love for the group involved. The site was critical in the early days, but facebook took over a large proportion of the fan base and it was far easier to utilise the facebook platform to share and interact with fans of the park. 

The site has moved servers at least once or twice and things have broken over the years, and it'd be great to get it up to a modern website standard - but it is a labour of love and that all takes time - which in some cases, folks just don't have. I know I spend far less time these days on pursuits that used to take up large parts of my free time - it's just life. 

As for the footage, so many people have contributed to the group over the years with home VHS tapes, searches of Australian Television Archives and the like. That particular video was uploaded to youtube over 9 years ago, so whether any of their team know the exact source of every piece they've collected is unlikely - though they do tend to provide credit where they can. For example, I know all the media titled 'Wonderbuzz' came from a former employee who is still an admin for their group.

Chris has seen this thread and messaged privately for me to pass on:

I could not agree more. I know the Wonderland History website is a mess. It’s been hacked, restored from backup, hacked again it’s just a mess. So I have a new site, I started it many years ago but just have not been able to find the time to put in a consistent effort to get it completed. I am aware of it and I will get the new site moving again. There is so so much info, photos, audio, video that covering each aspect of the park in the detail I like takes a long time. So I am going to ask for volunteers soon to help and we can all smash it out together, otherwise i will just plod along and get there eventually.

Without doxxing anyone, no - Wonderbuzz is not Wonderbus.

Bussy made it clear he was a former ride operator \ supervisor. Buzz.... wasn't.

On 31/08/2023 at 11:01 PM, joz said:

The bus has surely left for somewhere 

He goes on longer trips. He still drops by every now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Without doxxing anyone, no - Wonderbuzz is not Wonderbus.

Bussy made it clear he was a former ride operator \ supervisor. Buzz.... wasn't.

He goes on longer trips. He still drops by every now and then.

The bus has now left for Long Weeny Creek, NSW

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.0233386,150.6690412,3a,20.8y,354.71h,89.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sg_vE5Yrd1kEbG79-5Gavpg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Like 1