Dreamworld's 2023 Ride Count - Comparing Now to the Past

themagician

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think, in setting the bar at "you can see the showbuilding from inside the showbuilding" you've eliminated what many would consider top quality dark rides. Even PotC, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain  would get knocked out by such a restrictive rule.

Episode 243 – the interrogation continues.

For the record: if you see the shed because you are looking for it is different from you can’t help but see it, like on the Overboard Boat Ride.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.JPG.f4bbd956736b2c2757f7fa9454ea4bf7.JPG

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Episode 243 – the interrogation continues.

I think it's probably more down to your shitty explanation:

First it was:

21 hours ago, New display name said:

If you can see the shed, it isn't good.

Then it was

19 hours ago, New display name said:

if you can see the inside of the shed while on the ride, it isn't a good dark ride.

THEN it was

1 hour ago, New display name said:

if you see the shed because you are looking for it is different from you can’t help but see it

#MoveTheGoalposts!

I can honestly say, whilst riding overboard - i've been watching the scenes and animatronics, not looking for the roof. Certainly the wide angle lens used in the shot you've provided is exaggerating the effect, and it's much brighter than it is in actuality.

Putting all that aside, the original question you asked was if we could do a good dark ride in Australia - I and others have offered up Overboard - obviously in the opinion that it meets the criteria, and if not, it could be considered 'the best' we've got?

You've clearly set a higher standard for your personal expectations, and as it seems we in Australia can't meet that - perhaps you could go elsewhere... 

Episode 244 – DaptofunlandGuy has a cry.

Seriously dude, my opinion of what I like in a ride doesn't have to past the DaptofunlandGuy test.   Gazza posted a ride and I said "If you can see the shed, it isn't good" Obliviously I was talking about the ride Gazza posted.  You moved the goal post by talking about the outside and small world, which I didn't mention. .  You pulling every single word apart, is why we are having this conversation now.  Get over it.

• Like 2

Honestly, I noticed the roof way more on LTRR than Overboard.

People seem to forget that Australia has been home to many great, world class dark rides over the years (Gremlins, LTRR, Bermuda, Lassiter's). We’re clearly capable of producing and supporting quality attractions like these, it’s just that current park management aren’t interested in doing so which is a shame.

As it currently stands, Overboard is by far the best and most immersive dark ride in the country, visible roof or not. 

• Like 3

On 30/9/2023 at 5:36 AM, Noll_57 said:

Honestly, I noticed the roof way more on LTRR than Overboard.

People seem to forget that Australia has been home to many great, world class dark rides over the years (Gremlins, LTRR, Bermuda, Lassiter's). We’re clearly capable of producing and supporting quality attractions like these, it’s just that current park management aren’t interested in doing so which is a shame.

As it currently stands, Overboard is by far the best and most immersive dark ride in the country, visible roof or not. 

💯 agree to this. While I haven’t been on Overboard at all ( I think it looks great!) I would add to this list Dark Ride at Launceston’s Penny Royal.

i experienced this attraction in January with the family and we were all impressed with the theming, visual effects and it’s overall aesthetic. Certainly an enjoyable dark ride with a history slant and it featured good practical effects, great use of sound effects and some animatronics. It’s all Australian with an Australian theme. 

If you are down that way it’s certainly worth a look and a ride.

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

IMG_6309.jpeg

IMG_6310.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg

• Like 2

@New display nameeven if you don't agree with @DaptoFunlandGuypoints doesn't mean you have to act so sensitive. I mean I value both points he dose have some good points he just says them in a very unfiltered manner. which is either people are going to like that or dislike that. Its a forum of opinions there is going to be some ridiculous comments e.g. dean barrnet. 

2 hours ago, STRAWS said:

@New display nameeven if you don't agree with @DaptoFunlandGuypoints doesn't mean you have to act so sensitive. I mean I value both points he dose have some good points he just says them in a very unfiltered manner. which is either people are going to like that or dislike that. Its a forum of opinions there is going to be some ridiculous comments e.g. dean barrnet. 

Has nothing to do about being to sensitive.   @DaptoFunlandGuyhad the opportunity to reply last week and this was his reply.

On 27/09/2023 at 11:48 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

'LOL'

And now @DaptoFunlandGuywants to take gutless jabs at me. 

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

@DaptoFunlandGuywants to take gutless jabs at me. 

If you think that is directed at you, it would seem my descriptions are sufficient enough for you to recognise the truth in those words. 

Nevertheless, I think most would agree that I provided many replies, so to suggest that all I said was 'lol' is a bit of a skewed narrative.  The posts are there for all to read and see and i'll let those replies be judged as they are rather than try to reagitate your bullshit.

If people want to bitch about me in private messages - have at it. It's no skin off my nose. I'll still be here, and i'll call it like i see it - publicly so everyone can see both sides of my face.

In the same vein that scooby fire eyes, getting on in years, turnstiles and upwards seating pit will forever be in the Parkz vernacular, i'll still be here, calling it like I see it. 

No doubt this will all be deleted by dinner - so I'm done here. 

10 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If you think that is directed at you, it would seem my descriptions are sufficient enough for you to recognise the truth in those words. 

🙄

11 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Nevertheless, I think most would agree that I provided many replies, so to suggest that all I said was 'lol' is a bit of a skewed narrative.  The posts are there for all to read and see and i'll let those replies be judged as they are rather than try to reagitate your bullshit.

🤢