Boxing Day 2023 Parks CLOSED

kujotess

All team members across Movie World, Paradise Country, Wet'n'Wild and Topgolf  have been advised the parks WILL NOT OPEN TODAY, 26 Dec 23 due to damage from last nights storm. The Stand Down Clause will apply to all team members unless called and requested to work. All other properties will open as normal. Sea World remains open!

Edited by kujotess

• kujotess changed the title to Boxing Day 2023 Parks CLOSED

Sea World have posted they are open, but the updates page on the website says they aren’t 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0977.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Could be a few days

They’ll probably just remove that shelter for now until they can get a replacement to get the park open. They’ve got a massive team, so it can be impressive how much they can get done in a day 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, themagician said:

Topgolf is closed until further notice.

Spare nets  

Enough spare nets for all that need replacing

From https://themeparks.com.au/park-updates

Warner Bros. Movie World
Warner Bros. Movie World will reopen at 9.30am tomorrow Wednesday 27 December. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we dealt with the aftermath of the severe storm. We look forward to welcoming you back. 

Paradise Country
Due to ongoing clean up efforts of last nights severe storm, Paradise Country will remain closed until Friday, reopening Saturday 30 December. All the animals are safe and our team will continue to care for them during the closure. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to the park on Saturday 30 December. 

Topgolf 
Due to ongoing clean up efforts of last nights severe storm, Topgolf will remain closed until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to the venue soon. We will continue to provide updates on our website and social media. 

Wet'n'Wild 
Wet'n'Wild will reopen at 9.30am tomorrow Wednesday 27 December. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we dealt with the aftermath of the severe storm. We look forward to welcoming you back.

8 hours ago, red dragin said:

Could be damage to specific electrical infrastructure at White Water World.

It could also draw from a different grid to Dreamworld. 

I would think it’s on same grid external . Could be an internal issue but i wonder if it has something to do with getting all resources to focus on dreamworld safety testing but they just don’t want to say it ! . 

Edited by dbo121

Gold Coaster I assume was impacted by some of the fallen trees.

Dreamworld Express I’d say will be out until the wildlife reopens.

Vintage cars might take longer than the wildlife to reopen due to the smaller trees around that area.

Shame DW Flyer is closed, I wonder if all the seat chains got tangled in the wind

32 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Both water parks would have to get the water back within standards range as well. All that debris and rain water will have thrown the balance out. 

Yeah .. I don’t think it’s the power . More likely that and filtering etc . Explains wnw at same time which they openly say 

Edited by dbo121
Correction