Boxing Day 2023 Parks CLOSED

kujotess

Flew up here on Thursday and am feeling relieved I got to SW/MW while I could. Now got to get to DW for Taipan by Sunday, which should (touch wood) be plenty of time for this to clear. Based on current conditions, I think tomorrow will be a similar story. Feel terrible for all the interstate/overseas travellers whose plans have been disrupted but there's nothing that can be done, unfortunately.

On a side note, ride ops were pretty poor on DCR yesterday. Slow dispatches and often 1-3 vacant seats each cycle despite two trains and long queues in the afternoon. Left seat row 9 on one of the trains was out of action; this is the second time I've seen that exact issue. The seatbelt policy is a shame because it slows things down further.

Leviathan ops not great on Saturday either. One train during peak period. Was my first time riding; man that holding area/load-unload cycle sucks. Really wish SW thought that through better and hope they can make changes in the future.

Edited by CR4ZE
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 8:09 PM, dbo121 said:

Surely if they are true to attempting rebrand to nostalgia they will allow a last hurrah with these cars !

Will never see them again in operation .

just have to remove the damaged roof . 

There's bigger fish to fry at the park. Dreamworld only have so much money in the budget, I'd rather that money go towards a renovation of Motocoaster rather than re-opening a ride that's got 6 months left at most before it gets moved.

Edited by Baconjack

7 hours ago, Baconjack said:

There's bigger fish to fry at the park. Dreamworld only have so much money in the budget, I'd rather that money go towards a renovation of Motocoaster rather than re-opening a ride that's got 6 months left at most before it gets moved.

It’s being replaced with new version and not removed . 
If it was a decision based on cash alone I don’t think they would bother either . Is it there last original attraction? I’m guessing they see it as being upgraded / replaced so that may play into it re the old version not coming back now . 

Edited by dbo121
Corrextion

3 hours ago, Miloja84 said:

Vintage Cars 3/1/24 

IMG_0864.jpeg

I think vintage cars will be retired in current location until new vintage cars open in Rivertown.
You can see tree took out part of roof of the load/unload and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ride vehicle that was under the wreckage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit2014 said:

I think vintage cars will be retired in current location until new vintage cars open in Rivertown.
You can see tree took out part of roof of the load/unload and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ride vehicle that was under the wreckage.

Speculation re ride vehicle but agree . One vehicle alone would not stop a reopening . They wont bother given other damage. 

Sad ending to the historical cars . I have no nostalgia for the current track in its location . Only the cars and their sound as you accelerate . The track at new location could never compete with the old one, which moto coaster took over. I recall the characters that randomly appeared at times on it before the 2000s ( convicts / police and even Goldie the clown at times ) .  Created a good vibe . 

One day a car broke down in the track . My father restarted it ( was like a motor mower ) as the younger operator struggled ) . Good memories. 

Edited by dbo121
Grammar

12 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I redirect you to my post above to read through, just in case you have anything more than a vacuous one-liner to share.

I stopped reading after you said people had a right to be upset.  I more concerned for the staff member who couldn't work today because their car was crushed by a tree.

35 minutes ago, New display name said:

A lot of people are off with the fairies tonight.  Every person that went to the parks today knew what the northern GC was going through and they still chose to go to the parks.  The parks didn't force these people to go.

considering no one’s agreeing with what you’re saying i don’t think it’s us “off with the fairies.”

tickets are PRE bought. if the parks are closed because of the weather on days you planned to go while you’re on holiday, you go when the park reopens. it’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around babes.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

A lot of people are off with the fairies tonight.  Every person that went to the parks today knew what the northern GC was going through and they still chose to go to the parks.  The parks didn't force these people to go.

As mentioned by others I’d say most of the people visiting at this time of year have pre bought tickets prior to going up north. So they need to go within a span of usually a few days they don’t have unlimited time to visit the parks.

Either way the problem is very manageable. It’s not by letting less people in but by improving what you do day to day to lower wait times. I like how in your post you used those quotes and missed this one:

8 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

IMG_3506.jpeg

What excuses are there for these? There are about 6 months in the year village could use to complete train rebuilds and get them online for peak time.

Back in the day both major coasters would run a 2 train service from Boxing Day to early feb, and allowed guests to do their own seatbelts rather having the 2 station attendants doing a whole train full of them. You’d figure if 2 of your majors were down at the busiest time of the year (with another being replaced) managers would figure out a way to churn through people an hour on each ride efficiently. That means training their staff based on how Universal does it, or by creating a culture that values efficiency. 

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 4

No one can still answer why the ride attendants need to put the seatbelts on - when it’s fine for the guest to do it on every other park on the planet on this same ride model (most don’t even have seatbelts)

And as @Baconjack said - I’d you want to have train securing methods that are way over the top - put 4 people on the platform that their whole job is to secure the train - and let them check each row independently (not wait for an issue on the other side of the train to be fixed)

No one can still answer why the ride attendants need to put the seatbelts on - when it’s fine for the guest to do it on every other park on the planet on this same ride model (most don’t even have seatbelts)

And as @Baconjack said - If you want to have train securing methods that are way over the top - put 4 people on the platform that their whole job is to secure the train - and let them check each row independently (not wait for an issue on the other side of the train to be fixed)

Don’t know what happened above - I can’t edit it 😕

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

considering no one’s agreeing with what you’re saying i don’t think it’s us “off with the fairies.”

tickets are PRE bought. if the parks are closed because of the weather on days you planned to go while you’re on holiday, you go when the park reopens. it’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around babes.

If the park was closed when you were planning to attend  you have a few options to get your money back.  The sooks took the option to attend the first day it reopened.

Sidenote:

DW could handle the crowds because DW numbers are still shit compared to they what they once were, at this time of the year.

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

Who cares?  @CR4ZE @Dean Barnettand you would send a theme-park broke within a week.