Boxing Day 2023 Parks CLOSED

kujotess

12 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

If Chinatown is dressed up as the main entrance

Just looking at the concept artwork again, based off this surely the main entrance is going to be coming from Main Street. Why would they want guests to get that big first impression of the large facades when you enter from behind it. Walking down the alleyway and getting that grand entrance once you’re within the land I see as the best way to enter the land.

The fact that they’ve the former AA buildings makes me think that it will still be the entrance for one of the coasters, if not both. Considering that’s they’re the main attraction for the land, surely you don’t want any you main entrance to be right next to the entry to the coasters. Otherwise they will have the same issue AA had, a massive courtyard that they’ve put money into to theme it, but no one actually uses it. Granted, AA was a high thrill coaster compared to what these coasters will be, so it will be a more popular area, but I don’t think it makes sense for them to keep that Superman connection open. Yes it’s another dead end of the park, but if they use both alleys (Main Street & Scooby) it will make for a much more immersive experience.IMG_1187.jpeg.ef0722d148a20a02ac8a3d261be5ed4e.jpeg

• Like 1

I would love if it was all connected path up to West from behind Scooby would be great.

Many years ago one of the reasons previously mentioned by staff when the SDSC > SE shortcut was closed is that management wanted guests to go through Main St with Retail & F/B.

Given the recent trend of VRTP seeking $$$ over guest experience it wouldn’t suprise me though if we simply get the main st (former China Town entrance) but I certainly hope at minimum it is connected with SE.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Just looking at the concept artwork again, based off this surely the main entrance is going to be coming from Main Street.

Yep, I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case. This would be the way for guests to "follow the Yellow Brick Road" into the Land of Oz, as envisioned in the announcement.

1514591719_wozentrances.thumb.jpg.5fa27210f92fcdb1ab4766074b060eaf.jpg

So: blue is the main entrance, purple the side entrance, and red (you feel as) superfluous and being closed off. It could still be a side-entry, or a "back-way", if you like, into/out of the repurposed Arkham building, leading to the SFC. Even if it is kept open, the general guest flow leads down Main Street anyway, and with appropriate signage and updated park map, the main entrance would still be the most-utilised as intended. However, I'll agree that it's not necessary to keep open, just that it will create a loop and help distribute some foot traffic.

The green circle (if I'm not mistaken) is a BOH storage extension that protrudes into the alley, and I would hope this will be removed to widen the alley.

2 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I would love if it was all connected path up to West from behind Scooby would be great.

I think this will happen in the future, but I'd rather they develop the area behind Wild West first to remove the dead-end in a meaningful way. It's been said before, but there's enough room to do a new section of the park back there and still utilise it for FN mazes. If/until that happens, I don't think there's much need to connect the pathway back that way.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

Did you not read it?   The ride ops picked it up.

I read beautifully. The stoppage occured on the lift hill, not during boarding. They should've picked it up before that happened.

8 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

image.thumb.png.c1246f424b2c4194c0e462760ea94211.png

"This comes just seven years after..."

8 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I read beautifully. The stoppage occured on the lift hill, not during boarding. They should've picked it up before that happened.

"This comes just seven years after..."

Do staff sit under the train when they load it?   🤦‍♂️

Edited by New display name

18 hours ago, Levram__ said:

Pretty certain the entrance to the area is intended to commence from Superman Escape. Connection via the former China Town entrance was ruled out of the scope early in the piece. The recent TVC shoot in park with the Yellow Brick road leading under Superman also hints at the above. 

Unfortunate if true.

Hopefully there is at least an entrance from Scooby, I would hate for it to be like Arkham and have just the entrance from Superman, which is not good for crowd digestion.

The GCB have written an article giving insight into the damage caused by the storm at Dreamworld. It shows why Tiger Island took much longer to reopen too.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/christmas-day-storm-inside-story-of-dreamworld-theme-parks-reopening-after-destructive-blast/news-story/6d38ab1782c9f7439b329a9c9a3279d4?fbclid=IwAR2DwyG5NPIwKd71XrQUJ_OprMw3nmIqWdAww2LKsEY8kHK7KzwaXyJnPik_aem_Afgs_BXD_Jx4YsJhQjALvY9eJkYsYPAxgmhT8QQTDgBJf5WXyjrYbfUwbr8kTySTU7g

Also, DW are offering free weekday entry to RFS and SES volunteers 

IMG_1193.jpeg

Credit where it’s due (after I complained about WWW’s horrible operations/cycle times last week). 

Went to WNW today for the first time in about 12 months. Was really impressed with how their dispatches have improved.

From what I saw and experienced, Constrictor was pumping a tube through every 50-60 seconds. Watching from an ops perspective - in the past they’ve waited for the previous tubes guests to be out of the splashdown before hitting the button that gives the green light up top. Today running with 2 ops in the splashdown, that  button was being pushed as soon as the op in the splashdown reached the tube and began assisting people out meaning quite regularly the next tube would come down into the splashdown just as the op was handing the previous tube over to the next in line. It meant that despite a full queue to the entrance, we were out with 40mins where previously that’s blown out to well over an hour 

Got my first ride on Kaboom, love the steepness of the drops however not sure if it was positional but on that first incline - yikes you can feel the joints between sections  ricochet up your spine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Got my first ride on Kaboom, love the steepness of the drops

How was the wait and loading procedures for Kaboom? When I first went on it not long after it opened, the wait time was insanely long and slow (despite the queue looking short) because the operators would be panicking/stressing about people getting into the tube because there’s no gate? They would raise their voices if you didn’t get in the tube exactly how they told you because you could easily slip/fall down that drop.

Edited by themagician

3 hours ago, themagician said:

How was the wait and loading procedures for Kaboom? When I first went on it not long after it opened, the wait time was insanely long and slow (despite the queue looking short) because the operators would be panicking/stressing about people getting into the tube because there’s no gate? They would raise their voices if you didn’t get in the tube exactly how they told you because you could easily slip/fall down that drop.

Yeah I had my first ride on that yesterday. Wait time was probably 45mins or so. 
they seemed short an op at tube collection as the life guard watching the double barrel splashdown was the one motioning for people to come get tubes for both slides and as you’d know that queue isn’t exactly close to there.

on the tower due to the weird situation with tube collection, there was no bank up of people. When we walked to the top it was only us and the other 2 people up there. 

The ride op on the other tube was quite snappy at the 2 young kids as they trod into the tube rather than sitting into it. We had no issues as we are used to the sit in and swing your legs around process on most slides 

• Like 1