What will happen to Blue Lagoon?

I would really like to see Dreamworld put a coaster where Blue Lagoon is, IF they remove it. I'm still not entirely sure they will, it still get's plenty of visitors from what I've seen/heard. IF Dreamworld decide to replace Blue Lagoon with a coaster, I dont want a world first or any kind of record breaker. I would rather see them spend the money they would have spent on a record breaker and build a good solid ride with DECENT themeing. There is so much potential for that area, let's hope they utilise it accordingly, regardless of what they do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, when I was at Dreamworld on April 27, I went to Blue Lagoon with my friend Tristan and didn't think of it at the time as potentially being the last time we'd ever be able to go there but it could well have been. It's a nice area, I hope they run it for at least one more season. I think I'll just bite the bullet though and buy a WNW annual next then one for the water park when it opens

Edited by Tony B

• 2 months later...
Well, it was always inevitable but its no real loss since its just progress and we are getting a better replacement anyway. Though one bad thing is the fact Australia now no longer has any tobbogan slides. Hopefully BB wont be back and that will leave that whole side of the park free to be developed.
Sorry Gazza but there already planning for BB07.

Here's the article. Big Brother 7 planned Channel 10 production head Tim Clucas has told the Sydney Morning Herald that production of Big Brother will continue. He told the newspaper that Big Brother 7 was already being planned. The announcement comes despite political pressure to end the show. Opposition leader Kim Beazley recently recommended to Channel 10 to end the show after the 2006 season. The Prime Minister John Howard wanted the show axed immediately, calling it "stupid". Queensland Premier Peter Beattie wants the show to continue, but to clean up the sexual content. The production of Big Brother creates a large number of job openings for the state. News Limited papers recently reported that as long as ratings stay strong, Big Brother will continue. Both Sunday daily show and eviction saw a significant boost in ratings after newspapers broke the incident story.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz