Dreamworld Gold Rush Country General Store update

After taking a trip to Dreamworld This arvo, I’ve noticed that the general store has been gated off, and I was wondering if anyone knew what’s happening over there. The interior has been gutted from what I can see (pictures below), and I reckon there’s a possibility of a retheme or redecorating. Let me know your thoughts please.

94244CEB-868A-4848-9006-B2B733071CFF.png

53342986-0EEE-4E71-AC38-F86067EEF051.jpeg

832F969A-5067-41C6-AF12-26BC83B0DE3F.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

After the removal of Buzzsaw, the whole area between the fairy shop and the taipan entrance signage is a dead zone. Whatever they're doing, I hope they make it more relevant again.

Yeah that’s true

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update. As most would know, the general store signed facade has been painted white. I’m guessing this is to fit in with the toboggan ride which is normally in the area.  I don’t have any pictures but check @ThemeparkOgre and @JaggsJourneys on YouTube they have good videos

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped by the park on the way home from work today and saw this on my way to Taipan. Personally I don't think its a great location for a sensory room unless they've done some significant sound proofing inside.CC1.thumb.jpg.d79d948b55835a8c81027cc5c8a41ebf.jpg

Though Dreamworld's had the closest thing to quiet zones in comparison to Movie World w/ their Kickback Cove & Corroboree areas (though, I guess Doomsday's section could be considered a quiet zone now that nothing's open), this is genuinely a great idea and I really hope that the other parks follow suit. I've been wanting to have a nice place to level myself while at the parks many times, and have mostly just resorted to going on Sky Voyager or Justice League if there's a short queue, or the aforementioned areas of the parks if there's not a lot of wandering guests (headphones & sunglasses also help with both scenarios), but this is gonna be a huge help especially when the park's feeling packed.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Love it! 2

37 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

On this note VRTP has the latest addition of Studio Showcase.

My understanding is this space is now going to be storage indefinitely.

That's not what i've heard at all, and I believe we should see something happen with this soonish - but since Oz is in full swing, I don't think it'll be immediate.

1 minute ago, themagician said:

If only Village owned a large area of land that could be permantley used as a storage area

Capture.thumb.JPG.e14150b043967bb2aa95fc28dddab192.JPG

(obviously the park would need to build infrastructure to store items inside, but that would free up a lot of area in the parks for future expansions that actually benefit guests)

Being fair, Village don't own any of the land anymore... but they do have use of it and it's not a bad suggestion. The cheaper option would probably be to rent some warehouse in an industrial park somewhere to store shit they don't need. There's no reason they need the christmas tree onsite 365 days a year, and I bet theres a lot of other seasonal things they could offload somewhere cheap to make the most of areas that should be guest accessible.