Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

If they are replacing them completely I would hope that they do replace them with some body slides. If they are replacing everything, they can turn the terror canyons into atomic coasters and the other ones into new body slides. Some Proslide Twisters would be great. But a Bowl Slide without a tube would be the best. No sure how safe those things are though. They look awsome, you basically just rocket down this tunnel and get 'flushed' out the bottom. Hopefully if they do go with this they install a couple of other slides as well. It would be a bit of a cop out if they they removed 6 attractions and really only put three new ones in. But we will see.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Exactly, I even remember being able to ride tandem, so they used to be even more family friendly, bring that back! (please dont quote "insurance issues, you can do it at the Beachouse in Adelaide) I think all the bigger rides at WnW have dwarfed them, but people dont seem to mind having 4 slow body slides at WWW, the only difference is at WWW they are attached to a water playground. With Joz's idea, I think maybe some enclosed body slides of a similar grade would be fun, twister is the only alternative and it is too intense for a lot of people.

Went to Wet'n'Wild today so here is a quick update. Looks like if white water mountain returns, it is not going to be in its former capacity. Half of the mountain itself has been ripped down and the previous four body slides have been ripped apart, broken up and are gradually being moved away. The two terror canyons are still in tact - at this point anyway. The second update is on the Half Pipe. As far as I could see, they have nearly completed the footers for the ride. To my surprise they have appeared to build what looks like a shallow pool underneath and around the ride. So hopefully this thing will still be a water ride after all. I didn't manage to get any pictures, sorry, but keep a close eye on the area over the next couple of weeks.

I drove past this morning. The mountain is absolutely destroyed.. Terror Canyon is still in place, but it musn't be open at all. It looks sooo different without the slides. There is plenty of room, you could easily fit a Tornado in there. I'm hoping we get a bowl, or a water coaster. Or maybe some high capacity tube slides lol. I dunno. ALSO ---- There is coaster in place. I saw it at the back. Not much, just a bottom section, and I'm not sure if it's on the footers yet but it's definately there somewhere.

I drove past this morning. The mountain is absolutely destroyed.. Terror Canyon is still in place, but it musn't be open at all. It looks sooo different without the slides. There is plenty of room, you could easily fit a Tornado in there. I'm hoping we get a bowl, or a water coaster. Or maybe some high capacity tube slides lol. I dunno.
It seems to me that the simple closure information on the WnW website is being overlooked, I would think they would not say the "Whitewater Mountain Flumes will close from 28 May and will reopen in September." if there was going to be a new ride, it sounds like the Flumes will reopen (but possibly in a new form, or even a new pattern). I would think they would say something along the lines of closing to make way for new attraction of simply have closed if a different type of slide was going there. Just a thought.

Yeah, I think (as usual) I'm looking way too much into it. They may just be restoring the mountain... it was getting way too old and decreped (sp?) and didn't suit the new look of the park. On the other hand, don't forget it has been a huge year for the park - I wouldn't be suprised if we did see another big slide/attraction. WVTP: Let's keep that money flowing in! I might get some goss for you guys on Tuesday, I know someone =D Also, I have a WnW pass, I just haven't been there in ages. I'll probably get out there sometime in the next few weeks.

I drove past Wet'n'wild today and wow, big difference. Looks like some big work will be happening there, everything is bare even the old cave there is only the dirt hill, some old brick retaining walls and about 8 poles holding up the terror canyon platform. Obviously they are planning on keeping terror canyons.

How can all this happen without any one knowing anything aboput it??? the whole hill has been destroyed so there is obviously no plans on makinhg it again and as the WNW website says they all will be open by september so i dare say we are in stall for something differnet but if thats the case they have done a great job of keeping it under wraps does anyone know where all the old pieces old the flumes has gone??

^Arundel tip LOL! In all seriousness, they didn't really take any measures to preserve them. Just crunched em up and threw them in the back of a dumpster. That mountain had some structural issues for a while from what I have gathered. Last time I was there it was leaking and has been doing so for some time. Wet'n'Wild probably sees it more fitting to completely replace it all with something newer than repair it.

geez i didn't relise i made so many spelling mistakes. what i am trying to say is we all knew about the new RC at WnW and the new RC at DW but why does no one know anything about this mountain. Do we that it is going to be the same Do we know if it is going to be different? did we know it was going to get knocked down?? excuse me if i am wrong but have we let a major redevelopment of WnW slip through without any prior knowledge??? Can any one tell me if they knew and when they knew and also what is going back is it going to be the same or are we install for something truly awesome??

Not a very good picture, but you get the idea. The things at the top are white spike sort of things. It looks quite massive :D But nevertheless, exciting. If the track is in place, I wouldn't expect it to be open any later than a month.

post-1275-1182664407_thumb.jpg