Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

Just a little thing, I think it is a misinterpretation to say the ride is going behind Whirlpool as has been suggested. The area in question is where some concrete slabs are for marquees. The only fencing is that orange netting (about 1m high), so if it were really a ride construction site there would be proper steel temporary fencing. I think the only reason that area is fenced off is merely because its no longer peak season, so they want to stop people from wandering in there.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol. 3 storeys. I bet the half pipe goes into that spare spot in the H20 Zone. Or where the skating half pipe is. I hate the new area. It's so plain, and dirty. Wet'n'Wild is so gross. They need to clean the park really really really really bad.

lol its not 5.... its no more than 3, the top of the hill and the loop are tiny.
The Corkscrew is 28m high. The average height of a ceiling is between 2440mm - 3000mm. The average height of a slab is 300mm. If you add these 2 together and divided it into 28m you get 28/(3000+300)= 8.48 storeys. The town planning act states for housing 2 storeys with a max height of 8m if you divided 8m by 2 you get 4m and if you dived 28m by 4m you get 7 storeys. It would not have to comply to a storey but more likely a height limit. The Corkscrew being 28m sets a standard for the rest of the park. ( for example water front homes had a 3 storey limit but in the new town planning act this has been reduced to 2 storeys. If you had a block of land and you wanted to build on this today the act states it must be 2 storeys to comply to town planning but if this block had two 3 storeys on either side of it you are deemed to comply under the act to fit into the street scape and could apply and get a relaxation for this house to be 3 storeys. The council approve alot of relations for heights and how close you can build to boundaries but they will normally put conditions on it like screening to reduce the impact. The thurderbolt was 31 meters high only 3 meters higher then the corkscrew. You can understand the eye not getting approved since it is 60m high more then double the height of the Corkscrew.

wow richard! thats the smallest 9 storys i have seen in my life! SERIOUSLY WHATS GOING ON! wait wait wait... how is it there then???
It's about time you started to read other replies. As I am a person that works in this field and want to know what do you bring to the table in your uneducated replies. Don't make jokes about people if you have no idea what you are talking about. As the old saying goes don't judge a book by its cover. Just because you think its 3 storey high does not prove anything because you have no idea where these measurements are taken from. Edited by skeetafly

lol. 3 storeys. I bet the half pipe goes into that spare spot in the H20 Zone. Or where the skating half pipe is. I hate the new area. It's so plain, and dirty. Wet'n'Wild is so gross. They need to clean the park really really really really bad.
The H2O Zone is not that bad. I think the thing that seems most unattractive is the fact that you walk over a bridge to get there and then all you can see beyond the area is the animal pens for the Outback Spectacular(?). I honestly think they have just left those areas unattended to at the moment in preparation for maybe some small expansion plans and then do something with palm trees or whatever to block your view. After all there is a path to nowhere. The area itself is actually quite nice, but as I said, the view beyond it, and when you are on the stairs could be better. Part of the attraction for me when I was at WWW was seeing Dreamworld as you climb the stairs. As for the location of the Halfpipe, it would be a decent spot to put it behind Whirlpool, but if they went really good with the theming, it could look nice out the back. Does anybody think that maybe they couldn't install this at Seaworld because of the height restriction? Particularly in the wake of the controversy surrounding the Eye. Obviously (and this has been previously stated), the company purchased the Halfpipe, and for whatever reason have altered their plans. Also, by not selecting Movieworld, would that suggest that there is something else in store for Movieworld already?

It's about time you started to read other replies. As I am a person that works in this field and want to know what do you bring to the table in your uneducated replies. Don't make jokes about people if you have no idea what you are talking about. As the old saying goes don't judge a book by its cover. Just because you think its 3 storey high does not prove anything because you have no idea where these measurements are taken from.
omg dude cut sick why dont you, seriously. sorry to other people about this pointless reply, admins can delete if they wish. Well thank you for your time... and skeetafly... u need to grow up and give people a fair go, nothing personal.

It was a pointless reply. Personal error happens all the time. There is no need to ridicule other people over mistakes. Can we just get back to the topic of WnW's new halfpipe, rather than an argument over how tall the Corkscrew is?

This is out of place but they should rename wet'n'wilds tornado to the Titans tornado or something because warner villiage themeparks always have footy teams going to their parks so why not name a ride over a team? the tornado already has the titans colours, lol.

^Because if they named it the Titans' Tornado you'd have all sorts of licensing issues and Bronco's fans *cough* would boycott the park! :P 'Tornado' isn't really an original name, but at the end of the day, if it's a good ride, it doesn't matter too much to the GP IMO...

Edited by WnW_Rocks

You can't just go name a ride "The Gold Coast Titans Tornado" just because you feel like it. Warner Village aren't that stupid either to let some free advertising go ahead. Pretty much, the buck stops at the Club. If the club wants a ride named after them, they have to cough up the required money to make it happen. We all have to think of it this way. Warner Village Theme Parks are out there to make a profit. In the end, all they care about is keeping the shareholders happy. They really don't care too much about those people who like their parks. They only care about those people's wallets.