Dreamworld's new attraction - December 2004

kennykoala

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to ppl's thoughts, how about a nice little S&S Ride by the name of SWAT as a second ride for the area. This was shown on the Discovery channels show Thrill Rides 2003, last year around August. With this pair of rides in the same small area of the park as Wipeout and Cyclone, purhaps a area name change would also be in order. Just some thoughts.

Interesting thought. I like the looks of the ride - and I have a pretty big hate for S&S. One thing though, and this is just me the realist as usual speaking. :) Why install two new attractions in a single year? The attendance increases brought about by a second new ride wouldn't justify the additional investment made. You'll almost never see two new rides added in a single year for this reason. Also by stretching it out over a few years, you'll have increased the attendance for a longer period of time. This year's interesting new ride should keep them covered for a few years. Maybe remain hopeful about an S&S Sky Swatter in a few more years, though a coaster would be much much better of course.

OOO look Chippy is talking out of his arse for a change... S&S DID NOT "take over" Arrow, they bought them out. Arrow went into serious financial trouble after X and was basically bankrupt. S&S came in and bought up the company, the alternative would have been Arrow (and its staff) just disappeared into nothing. I also believe S&S did have the fastest coaster for a while at the time it opened. Have you ever actually ridden a S&S ride Chippy? If not, (which I suspect is the case) then I stand by my opinion that you have no right to pass judgement on them. How can you possibly have an opinion of something you’ve never been on???

Have to back up the DJ on that last point. It is ok to post your opinion on something that you have ridden. But to past judgment on something you have not ridden, then you are just asking for trouble. I only speculate on the performance of rides that I have not been on, then I don't get into the above sort of trouble on these boards.

You're talking about Dodonpa I'm guessing. It's at Fujikyu Highlands in Japan. It was the fastest in the world from 2001 until Top Thrill Dragster opened last year. 0-107mph (170km/hr) in 1.8s. Now, as for my dislike for S&S, it's more regarding the company than the rides they build. I've ridden most of their different varieties of rides, and they're pretty good, but the company and their dodgy ways of doing things is like a ticking time bomb for the company. Considering the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden (that's including about a dozen Intamins and B&Ms) is a Vekoma (Disney-MGM's Rockin' Rollercoaster), it just goes to show that you can't really judge anything that you haven't been on. That doesn't mean to say you can't make reasonable assumptions, based on reviews, photos, videos, Discovery documentaries and whatnot, as I often do.

• 2 weeks later...

Something to get the minds working. A friend of mine in NSW works in a steel manufacturing plant and tells me when any pieces of track come through the plant. Over the X-Mas period, the plant saw two completly different types of track. One sounds like it could fit the Wild West ride and the time is right for any repairs after the fire. The second was a "test piece" to see what quality the company could get. This is ment to go into production later in the year. Could Oz be getting a new coaster in the future? Please remember to treat the above as a rumor only, until I get more info from within the parks. Enjoy

HI ALL, JUST A QUICK NOTE, I GOT SOME INSIDE INFO FROM A FRIEND AT DREAMWORLD..THERE NEW RIDE FOR XMAS 2004...WILL BE A ( HUSS DELIRIUM) SAME AS AT PARAMONT KINGS ISLAND!
Thought I'd dig up an old quote :-) You say it will be a Huss Delirium like at PKI, however PKI has a Huss Giant Frisbee called Delirium I do believe. Delirium is actually another ride made by Huss which appears on the website and looks very cool, although I don't think any have been sold yet... Which ride were you initially referring to?

Thought I'd dig up an old quote :-) You say it will be a Huss Delirium like at PKI, however PKI has a Huss Giant Frisbee called Delirium I do believe. Delirium is actually another ride made by Huss which appears on the website and looks very cool, although I don't think any have been sold yet... Which ride were you initially referring to?
i was actually referring to the giant frisbee that is called Delirium. Thanks for pointing that out djrappa. I also found out that with the storm last week, a tree fell over the log ride and over the path to the big brother house. see you at DW!!!!

Again, it's not a Huss, nor it's a KMG, Zamperla or Bussink. It's a large "Intamin Gyro Swing", like the one at Lotte World. Confirmed by Intamin at the Euro Amusement Show, at Paris last week. Flea/Liam -> Maelstrom is the smaller version, quite intense and alot of fun as well, but there's a bigger version of it available similar in height/speed to Huss' Giant Frisbee. http://www.webautor.ch/intamin/webautor-da..._15a_101209.jpg http://www.tokorea.com.cn/san/image/free/i.../2002050904.jpg Above links have a picture of the Gyro Swing at Lotte World. It's difficult to find good pictures of Asian parks tough.

Belgian, I'm just curious about one slight piece of information. When you say 2005, do you mean a 2004 opening for the 2005 season? Over here the theme park season (all 364 days of it :)) technically runs from December 26 through until December 24 the next year. A ride for a particular season will debut on December 26, which is really the year before. The ride is listed as a 2004 fiscal year addition by the park's parent company, which means it'll be here just before 2005 hits us.

The ride should be open in 2005...which will probably be near the end of 2004 during a "down under" theme park season. It's still a long time to go, we'll see. I noticed the German site "Coastersandmore" now has an interesting article about the Euro Amusement Show, but unfortunately it's only in German at the moment: http://www.coastersandmore.de/Rides/eas04/eas1.shtml Bereits jetzt zeichnet sich eine aufstrebende Tendenz für 2005 ab: So wurde der Verkauf eines Gyro Swing an die australische Dreamworld vermeldet. Dabei handelt es sich um eine Riesenschaukel, bei der die Sitzplätze ringförmig mit Blick nach Außen angeordnet sind. Die Sitze mit Beinfreiheit tragen ebenso zum Thrillfaktor bei wie der beachtliche Ausflugswinkel. Die beiden bislang gelieferten Anlagen - eine kleinere Version befindet sich seit 2002 im englischen Park Drayton Manor - wurden sehr gut vom Publikum angenommen.