Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

I think putting a roof in would be a stupid idea for that area! Blocks an awesome view of the Claw, Illuminate will be blocked from that area, which is the Main Viewing area. Sure, blocks out the rain, puts some shade in, but if these are for a roof, Dreamworld aren't as smart as I thought they were. o.O And I don't think Dreamworld are that dumb, so they have to be for something else. I will have a look around this week when I go in. EDIT: Just had an idea! Maybe to improve theming, as they have been doing, they're working on the Ocean Parade theme? Maybe these footers (because you said they are only 1 metre high atm), are for a like sign for Ocean Parade???? Like maybe an arc type sign? Because only 1 metre high, it'd have to be an arc sign for people to be able to walk under it. :P Just my idea.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movieworld are not opening a new attraction but are offering some fairly huge refurbishments of food and beverage outlets which are needed. The big thing is the White Christmas. Sea World are the ones with the new attraction being the penguins. HOWEVER, earlier in the year we have seen several new attractions to the parks, something DW has not done. As for Journey, most feedback I've heard is it is better than Shrek so...

Everyone says that the parks (VRTP) have added all this stuff, something DW hasn't done.... But Dreamworld just spreaded (what's the past tense for spread, sprode... No, Oh well, it slipped my mind). their attractions out over the year. We got the Wedgie (yes, it wasn't that big of a new attraction, but it boosted attendance for the holiday season), we got Illuminate (which is in my opinion a biggie as it gives later opening hours) and we got Tower of Terror II (which was and still is a MASSIVE hit!). That's three attractions, plus we now have the 10 shows (which some people think are bad, some good). I don't think it's been that bad of a year? Has it?

(what's the past tense for spread, sprode... No, Oh well, it slipped my mind)
The past tense of spread is spread....same word, a bit like how the plural of sheep is sheep.
Everyone says that the parks (VRTP) have added all this stuff, something DW hasn't done....
I think the point is VRTP have done more in the past year, and the things they have done tended to be more substantial, real attractions that are here to stay rather than short term events (Though WVTP have done some pretty cool stuff in that regard already, with Justice League and Fright Nights) ....Compare the single low capacity water slide attached to an existing tower put in at WWW, with the four (that actually loop) WnW did, plus the flow rider, and you can begin to see how the approach to new attractions differs between the companies. Castaway bay has already been a massive win for SW, both in terms of the fun value of the attractions, and the quality of the theming, which is the best we've seen in many years. Don't forget that the penguin exhibit is still to come. I mean, I definitely give DW credit for doing TOT2 (Well, the idea was nice, and the pod, station and tunnel are cool, but the execution of the queue theming could've been better)....Still not quite that new ride we've been wanting though.

Figured out what those footings are!!!

Welcome to the Dreamworld & Whitewater World update for the 6th of December, 2010! We're going to make this one quick, so let's begin with Dreamworld! DREAMWORLD The Summer Funomenon is set to soon begin, and everything is happening at Dreamworld! Today, the first two noticeable things as soon as you walk through those big steel gates was the upgrades to Dreamworld's Cinema and the cleaning of the Main Street Lake (pictured below).
Read the whole report here: http://zendorphin.us/newsite/index.php?opt...2&Itemid=72 They are for a roof.

Just noticed a late change in the schedule for the Summer Funomenon. SpongeBob 3D has been pulled and replaced with The Curse of Skull Rock 3D.

The Curse of Skull Rock in Digital 3D In the cutthroat world of Pirates one rule holds fast ‐ "No Girls!" Too bad for would‐be cabin girl JILL HOPKINS, who longs to become a real Pirate like her long lost father. But when she discovers a map to his lost treasure she is taken aboard by the meanest, fattest, stinkiest Pirate on the seven seas: CAPTAIN SCABB; and together they set sail on a swashbuckling adventure to find the legendary Skull Rock. But can Jill trust the treacherous Scabb to help her find fame, fortune ‐ and her father? Storyline The lapping of waves, the rustle of canvas, the creak of rigging: we are on a Pirate Ship heading out to sea. On the bridge a dashing Pirate Captain barks orders to his crew. But a young cabin boy can’t decipher what “splice the mainbrace” actually means and the Captain whips off the boy’s hat to reveal long tresses: the cabin boy is actually a girl! The crew roar with laughter as the Captain explains to JILL HOPKINS that Pirates have a strict "No Girls" rule and throws her off the ship. As Jill drifts back to port dejected a curious seagull alights on her head and she dubs the bird GUANO and recounts to it how she longs to become a real Pirate like her Dad, ERROL HOPKINS, a great Pirate captain who disappeared at sea when she was a baby. Back at home Jill looks despondently through her father's old sea chest of Pirate mementos. Convinced she'll never be a real Pirate she steps outside and hurls the contents into the sea. But as a scrap of parchment slowly sinks she sees spidery writing develop on the surface and dives in to fetch it! You'll have to see the rest of the show to know what happens next......

I happened to catch Skull Rock while overseas. While I don't know if it's got the same appeal as Sponge Bob, I'll say that this is the movie Sea World should have got instead of Happy Feet. It's a computer animated Pirate 3D movie, with plenty of scope for 4D effects. Certainly on the old school side, but a good bit of 4D movie fun. The version I saw wasn't a ride like SpongeBob though, and TBH I have a hard time imagining it really being one. It does seem rather sad to me to see Imax die, so a bog standard 4D theater could go in it's place. Seeing how you don't see Imax anywhere else and 3D is now so common, you'd think Imax would be worth hanging onto.

Edited by joz

I had a look on Youtube for Skull Rock movie and I saw that it was also somewhere else. It is only 13 minutes long. o.O Does this sound right? But I saw a few videos. A few were the old school 3D, but I also so some of the new styled 3D (Alice In Wonderland, Avatar, etc.). Wonder which one Dreamworld will get??? It's apparently 4D, but yer. I'm disappointed to see the IMAX go... They just better make this cinema good!!

So have we determined whether the Dreamworld Cinema and the new pirate movie is going to be 4D or not yet? In the preview video for the pirates movie (which actually looks quite good) it briefly mentions 4D. But I haven't seen Dreamworld say anything about this. I hope it is 4D as it's meant to be, otherwise Dreamworld is pathetic. And if it does turn out to be 4D then Dreamworld should be advertising it more! It'd be more like a new attraction rather than just a new show

Given Dream Worlds relatively small size IMAX (when compared to say Sydney) I would have thought it was the ideal place to get the IMAX Digital conversion and continue to show their new features. IMAX is great because it pulls people out of the park for like 40 mins so is a big crowd eater. I've got no doubt that they will cut down the screen size for this new attraction which is a real waste given the suprise element of a huge screen in a seemingly tiny building was part of its great appeal.

The screen is 21 metres by 11 metres. They will show Skull Rock, and from the 6th of January, they'll also show TRON: Legacy and Megamind. With the latest session of TRON: Legacy being at 8:45pm. :o So we definitely know, there's extended hours! :| And it goes for 90 minutes, so that's until 10:15 :o Gonna be an awesome experience spending that much time at Dreamworld in a day! :P According to: http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Cinema/Session-Times/

Edited by Bmull19

So now they are turning existing free attractions into up-charges as well? This is disappointing to say the least. Whilst I realise that there will be free screenings of The Curse Of Skull Rock during the day, the fact that there will be paid sessions during operating hours will probably further upset full entry fee paying guests, and even world pass holders like the guy discussed in this thread: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=5520