2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

pin142, so they are not actually using the car park for this roller coaster but more so just extending the parks "internal boundaries" for it?

:wacko: Aren't they basically doing both? What's not to understand? They are using land that was previously parking, and putting a fence around it. They aren't going to build a coaster out in the open where any member of the public could walk around the ride operation area, hence getting a fence up around the future site would be the first order of business. Edited by Gazza

:wacko: Aren't they basically doing both? What's not to understand? They are using land that was previously parking, and putting a fence around it. They aren't going to build a coaster out in the open where any member of the public could walk around the ride operation area, hence getting a fence up around the future site would be the first order of business.

No Gazza I got confused as to whether they were actually building something on the land area of the car park or just closing it off while construction was happening next to it for the roller coaster! I get what it is now though.. Sorry for the confusion

pin142, so they are not actually using the car park for this roller coaster but more so just extending the parks "internal boundaries" for it?

Doesn't look like the bus parking will be used. The fence line that there are holes for posts having concrete poured in is around 3-5m away from the old boundary line. Outside of this and the obvious Disk'O construction there isn't anything else obvious happening around the park, especially in regards to the September addition.

On Dreamworld's website, they have changed the dates for Thunder River Rapids maintenance to: "The following rides and attractions will be closed for scheduled maintenance: Thunder River Rapids under maintenance from 2 May" No date is mentioned relating to the conclusion of it's maintenance. Any update on what is happening near Thunder River Rapids?

Hey, Brad from the outsiders has posted a picture on the groups page of the contruction! I do believe it is going to be a Disk o Coaster aswell!! Heres is a picture and the thread! http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=161046447291602&set=a.153051394757774.33470.152421251487455&type=1&theater

post-2699-0-33090500-1305376678_thumb.jp

Yer, I posted that photo (above). It seems as if the station will be located in the foreground of the photo, so I think it makes logical sense that it'll be a Disk O Coaster. At least I think and hope so. If not a Disk O Coaster, I dont really think it's a worthy ride for a new attraction. :S

Hey Guys, Ive uploaded a video on youtube as i went to Dreamworld and i have taken a few shots of the contruction sites in front, near the carpark and the chalkzone! i believe that some coaster parts have arrived in shipping containers, Which ive been told that it was open this morning (doors) and the person that told me saw the pieces of the track, it has believe that it had been shipped from Germany!no picture sorry. Link for video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpVfEZeN-PY

Edited by Randy23

2:47 for anyone soley interested in construction in the video above...

I believe that some coaster parts have arrived in shipping containers, Which ive been told that it was open this morning (doors) and the person that told me saw the pieces of the track, it has believe that it had been shipped from Germany!

Pics or it didn't happen.post-88-0-19530100-1305553535_thumb.png Edited by Gazza

Hey Guys, Ive uploaded a video on youtube as i went to Dreamworld and i have taken a few shots of the contruction sites in front, near the carpark and the chalkzone! i believe that some coaster parts have arrived in shipping containers, Which ive been told that it was open this morning (doors) and the person that told me saw the pieces of the track, it has believe that it had been shipped from Germany!no picture sorry. Link for video:

Great work on the vid. Would like to see more in the future. Dreamworld should have a media release out this week. (So they say) Source: Kenny Koala

If Zamperla are Italian why would track be turning up from Germany?! I am also with Gazza here wanting pics. As the saying goes (that has already been said) "pics or it didn't happen"! Not a low quality video but a close shot showing the cargo information for the load detailing at least the country of origin!

Well i didnt really tell you it isnt compulsory to watch it...s o your fault for watching whole thing! if you get bored use commen sence.

Sense Randy, Sense. No, no one forced me to watch it, but perhaps a video straight to the point next time or just posting the pictures would be better?

This made me laugh a bit: http://thrillz.com.au/articles/news/disk-o-at-dreamworld-australia

According to Gold Coast City Council an application was submitted on the 15.4.2011 for a Disc ‘O’ Ride made by Zamperla. The application comes after Dreamworld announced two new rides this year. The first a family ride being the Midi Disk ‘O’ Ride and the second yet to be known but speculations suggest a record breaking roller coaster. Dreamworld Australia are yet to officially announce the ride.

Record Breaking? For $6 Million? In that space at the front of the car park...lolwut?